Bugs in May?

Webb

We are 19 days away from our first May trip! We go every Jan and decided that we wanted a warmer Disney trip! Just wondering about those pesky bugs! I'm packing bug spray obviously but for anyone that has traveled there in May what has your "bug experience" been like?

Thanks in advance!

tmstephe

We "often" go in late May and have never had issues with bugs. I've never seen anything more exciting than baby ducks and lizards in the parks/resorts. I've heard that "love bugs" can be an issue in early to mid May, but I think that's more so for vehicles on the freeways.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We've been a few times in late April (never May, although that will change in 12 days!!!), and never had issues with bugs of any kind -- no love bugs, no skeeters, etc. We don't bring bug repellant anymore because we find we never use it.

Upvote 0

Webb

Original Poster
YAY!! I'm not packing the bug spray! Can't wait to get there! Thanks again everyone :)

12 days for you Weather_Lady! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Bocko57

The only Bugs we encounter in May were in Animal Kingdom. At a little spot called, "It's Tough To Be A Bug." :p Have a great time. May is one of the best times to go.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
May - Love Bugs - yes. They're around and I'm guessing you may see some. However it's not like they're swarming or landing on you left and right or anything.

As far as mosquitos. I don't know what the heck they do it but I've never been bit by one on any of my visits!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom