Brother Bear RULED!!!!!!

disnyfan89

I wouldn't be surprised if we will be saying good bye to "Country Bear Jamboree" soon!!!! :( I loved this movie and it is better than Lilo & stitch in my opinion. :sohappy: I want to use a line from the movie at the end (if you seen this movie you most likely know what line I am talking about!!!!) for my SIG but I think I will wait a week first!!!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Excellent movie! Cheers to the animation team. Brother Bear was one of the best animated films i've seen. The music was fantasitc, but if I remember correctly Phil Collins was barely singing except for the "On My Way" part. They didn't even have his version of "Three Brothers". The movie was all-around excellent. I too saw the mountain and was saying to myself, "That looks like Grizzly Peak!" I think they should give that some Brother Bear theming if possible. Me and my girlfriend went and saw it, and it felt kind of weird being in the theatre as it was filled with moms and children (but don't you always have that feeling when you're in an animated film?). All the children were laughing and screaming, and going along with Koda as he went "my name is Koda, KO-DA."

Final Score-
8 OUT OF TEN STARS

KevinPage

Original Poster
>>One thing that troubles me however is the bad rap it is getting by print and video critics across the country. Have they had it with Disney after Nemo's success? Almost seems like it! <<

That pretty much sums up my opinion. I couldn't exactly put my finger on what it was, but this is what I felt before the movie even came out

marksniles

Saw it last night. Before we saw it we went to the Disney store and bought the soundtrack.. I've been listening to it all day. Tina Turner really isn't all that bad. I like the English version of the Transformation better than the Inuit version. The story was great! And the animation was great. It was cool that for the poast 2 years I've seen them make that at MGM. I felt a little connection there!:lol:

MrPromey

Originally posted by disnyfan89
I wouldn't be surprised if we will be saying good bye to "Country Bear Jamboree" soon!!!! :( I loved this movie and it is better than Lilo & stitch in my opinion. :sohappy: I want to use a line from the movie at the end (if you seen this movie you most likely know what line I am talking about!!!!) for my SIG but I think I will wait a week first!!!

You know, during the salmon run scene I was thinking to myself that it’s a good thing the fish aren’t talking in *this* movie... then I saw the very, very end. :hammer:

xfkirsten

I gotta agree - I didn't see it as ripping off the Lion King or Beauty and the Beast at all. Completely different messages. Sure, there were a couple of bits very reminiscent of those films, but hardly enough that I would call it a rip off. I mean, if the critics are gonna say that about Brother Bear, then why aren't they all tearing up The Lion King for ripping off Hamlet?

-kirsten

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I finally saw the final version (i saw a working copy several months back) and it didn't dissappoint me at all..

JLW11Hi

I think it is funny how critics argue that the movie isn't up to standards, and thus is furthering "the extinction of traditional animation". Yeah, a few less than perfect movies are going to decide that for everyone :rolleyes:. Look at all the horrible teen movies that come out every month....doesn't look like they are going anywhere.

DOUG

Okay.....I really liked Brother Bear...I normally like all Disney films. It didn't really hit me like other traditional Disney films have in the past though....it was lacking something if you ask me. I adored the animation and applaud the animators and crew. I thought the beginning of the film was a little slow....I realize that it was a way of fleshing out Kenai's character, so whatever. The moose....they were amusing, but I wasn't fond of them...they seemed, at least for me, to detract from the overall story. The rams were funny though..... For those who haven't heard or are unsure....Disney altered the original backgrounds so that the mountain did indeed look like Grizzly Peak. The backgrounds were absolutely beautiful and story flowed.....okay.

The reason the media doesn't get behind these Disney films is basically...and bite my head off if you must....but it's because Disney doesn't either. They could've pushed this film much harder, but they chose not too....I think they were worried that they possibly had another Treasure Planet tax write-off coming. They weren't sure what to expect because people at the screenings that they were running before the film came out...weren't laughing. They back Nemo and things of that nature because Pixar knows what they're doing. The stories from Pixar are fresh and have characters that are so well developed that people honestly care.....Disney (poor Walt), has lost that ability.

I did like Brother Bear though...I know sometimes, if you've read any of my other posts, it may seem as though I don't like Disney....fact is....I love Disney, but I also know of things behind the scenes that go on that makes me dislike their management also. I wait for the day now when two or three 3D toons comes out and flop.......so I can finally hear someone say that "3D is dead."

theonlytigger

I went to see Bother Bear on Sunday. I absolutely loved it. I thought it was just as good as Nemo, and one of the best animated movies I've seen in a long time. It looks like its still holding strong, because even though I caught it the third weekend its been out it was still a sold-out show.

I really don't know where people get the "This is a Lion King rip-off" idea. Yes I see some elements that aresimilar to the Lion King (ex. Rut &Tuke were reminicent of Timon and Pumbaa) but nothing that really looked like a copy was trying to be made from it. When I think about both the movies, I see almost two completely different films.

MouseRight

Saw Brother Bear last night. AWESOME. You can keep 3 D CG Animation. I will take traditional Disney INk & Paint Animation over CG Animation, any day. CG can't stir the emotions that traditional does and Brother Bear sure tugs on the hearstrings.

Animation is beautiful, lush landscpaes beautifully created, story is solid and the characters are ones you care about, Phil Collins music works (although I was suspicious before I saw the movie), voice actors were good. The entire movie works. Transformation scenes were very artistic and evoke the transformation scene in B&TB. I can't see CG animation duplicating those scenes. Beats Nemo in my book.

Go see it if you haven't yet.

:sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom