Bringing small children on the cruise...

QueenOfHearts83

Original Poster
My best friend and her family are going to be going on the Disney Cruise with my family in October. She has two small children. During the cruise the oldest will be 3 ½ and the youngest will be 1 ½. Are they too young for the Kids club? Is there Child care on the cruise if they wont to go to dinner alone?

TomHendricks

Hi Queen, there is Child Care on board. They can pre-schedule before they board through the Disney Cruise website. The 3 1/2 year old can use the Kid Club as long as they are potty trained and can go on their own. Otherwise they must use the Child Care. This happen to us, our 3 year old daughter wasn't potty trained when we went on our cruise, so she had to go into Child Care.

EOD K9

I just got off the Dream on NYE and this was my second cruise with my 19 month (10 on their first cruise)old daughters. We scheduled time in the nursery every day. What was really great is the fact that two CMs from our cruise in March recognized them last week. The staff in there is great. Have no fear, they are great in the small world nursery.

We are sailing in April with an almost 14 month old. What are some of the things we need to know for those that have done it? We have requested a pack n play, do we bring sheets or does Disney provide them? When using the nursery, do they feed them meals at all? Not sure what else we need to know, any advice is appreciated!!

EOD K9

We are sailing in April with an almost 14 month old. What are some of the things we need to know for those that have done it? We have requested a pack n play, do we bring sheets or does Disney provide them? When using the nursery, do they feed them meals at all? Not sure what else we need to know, any advice is appreciated!!
Yes, they provide sheets for the crib. Not to worry. It comes with a nice cloth liner so your child won't be up against the mesh that other babies have used.
Yes, the nursery staff will provide meals. It might be a cheese or turkey sandwich, crackers, yogurts, etc.
The nursery staff on the Dream is great. Make sure you bring a diaper bag with their wipes, diapers, maybe a favorite toy to help calm them if need be. They have a quiet nap area in there as well. They are very accommodating with reservations. The staff will do arts and crafts with them, some characters may drop by as well. Don't hesitate to use the nursery. You can also request a diaper genie. When it comes to dining in Cabanas or the other restaurants, order food that your child may like. If they don't like it, order something else. If you just want plain pasta for your child, they will get it. Everyone was so helpful on all levels. Have a blast!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom