Bringing a soccer ball aboard?

Luige11

Original Poster
My family and I are heading on the Fantasy on May 16th. We've made it a tradition to play football in a new place that we dock. I was wondering if I'd be able to deflate a ball and bring it aboard with a hand pump or if I can just leave it inflated and bring it with me. Anybody have any past experiences with bringing footballs, basketballs ext? Many thanks!!

ChuckElias

Found this on the DCL site, I recall seeing them having basketballs and soccer balls (footballs).
I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that @Luige11 wants to play football in the port city. If that's true, I don't think DCL will let you take a ball from the Sports Deck off the ship to play on land.

If I'm wrong, and Luige just wants to play onboard, then Goofy's Sports Deck is the place to do it, and I apologize for misunderstanding.

I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that @Luige11 wants to play football in the port city. If that's true, I don't think DCL will let you take a ball from the Sports Deck off the ship to play on land.

If I'm wrong, and Luige just wants to play onboard, then Goofy's Sports Deck is the place to do it, and I apologize for misunderstanding.

I didn't think that that might be also what the OP meant. I'm not sure about that.

Phonedave

Disney Cruise line prohibits sporting equipment. A soccer (football) ball is sporting equipment, so no, you cannot bring it.

ChuckElias

Disney Cruise line prohibits sporting equipment. A soccer (football) ball is sporting equipment, so no, you cannot bring it.
This is what the DCL website says about prohibited items, as regards sporting equipment:

• Sporting equipment (i.e., baseball and cricket bats, hockey and lacrosse sticks, pool cues, ski poles, fishing gear and archery equipment.)

Interestingly, it only mentions sticks or bats. It doesn't mention balls. While I obviously agree with Dave that a soccer ball is sporting equipment, I wonder if a deflated ball would be allowed, since it's not something that you could use to hit somebody else. You might want to call DCL, just to clarify.

NelleBelle

We bought a deflated soccer ball in one of the ports and had no issue brining it aboard. Can't imagine using a hand pump though :arghh:

Luige11

Original Poster

I ultimately just wanted to play in a port city, not onboard the actual ship. I figured they probably had rules regarding passengers/cruisers bringing sports equipment in case someone decided to play onboard and break something or throw it overboard. Hence why I asked the question. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom