Bringing a First Timer

I'm a 16 time veteran when it comes to Disney World trips and have been dying to take my boyfriend there for several years. This year I am surprising him with a trip for Christmas. Just wanted some suggestions on what I should be sure not to miss. I've been there so many times I usually do many of the same things that I have done for years. I want to make sure he gets to enjoy it as a first timer rather than a veteran.

JIMINYCR

Epcot... Candlelight Procession / Also visit all the countries ... holiday stories & Santas of every nation
GF ... Gingerbread house
DHS.. Fabulous Osborne Christmas light show
All parks & resorts ... Unique decorations
MK ... MVMCP w/ snow on Main Street & events

Upvote 0

smk

We took two newbies one Christmas (now, almost 11 years ago), I had ONE RULE, no plans, because we went at the last minute and FP's etc...were not even a possibility at the time. My one RULE, do not complain to me IF you don't like WDW, say nothing to me about what it is you do not like, I will not listen to complaints! It is a very crowded time, I knew in advance to go and fly by the seat of my pants. I did not want to schedule every second. So, we just went with the flow, absorbing the magic, decorations, meals, some rides, snow on main street, osbournes lights, fireworks. IF they had a bad time they were smart enough to keep their mouths closed, I think it was fine. My husband and I had had a good time either way!

Upvote 0
Rather than depend on the "must dos" suggested by others or sites, think about what you enjoy the most about the parks. What are the things you love doing, even after 16 times. These are the things to share with him, and he'll enjoy them even more because he'll see how happy they make you. Pepper that with things he enjoys (if he's a foodie - good restaurants, a thrill seeker - Rockin' Roller Coaster and Space Mountain, etc).

I had been twice before I went the first time with my boyfriend (who had been tons of time), but going with him was seeing it through new eyes since he took me on rides I would normally avoid (Dumbo!!) and I got to see how happy Space Mountain makes him. He had new experiences too, as he had never actually been on the Jungle Cruise (CRAZY!). Hopefully going with your boyfriend will make it seem new to you too!

Upvote 0

Longers

I still remember my first visit and what I liked was taking it slow so you took it all in. Despite having been many years now I have promised myself this year we will take things slowly so the video camera is going along and will be used as that tends to slow you down to capture it all.
My brother and his wife joined us last year (they had been once before) and they said that we had told and shown them things they didn't know, it's just the little things. You have to be careful not to spoil everything and let them discover things by themselves but to share where you can. Also I truly emerged them in Disney, pins, badges, laynards, hats, etc they loved it and next year they are joining us for 2 weeks in a Disney hotel for the full works.
I'm sure your passion for Disney will run off and you will have a blast whatever you end up doing. Enjoy it

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We're bringing my daughter's BF with us for Labor Day. He's not been in years, so we've planned all the popular rides with FP+ and fun places to eat at the parks. The two of them can use EMH for other attractions if the lines are too long earlier in the day or just to wander around. We've already started the complete immersion in all things Disney for him with ears, t-shirt, coffee mug and a Mickey backpack.

She's taking him back next February on Valentine's Day for their 1st anniversary and he was so disappointed to find out that CRT is closed during that time - he really wanted to do dinner! I told her she needs to keep this one, BF that is. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom