Trip Report Bring out the Tour Guide Flags.. I’M TAKING THE NEWBIES! A June TR

Jambo once again everybody! :)

I never thought I’d be writing 2 Trip Reports in 1 summer! Well, technically the first TR of the summer was back from January because I was having Disney withdrawal and didn’t think I would be lucky enough to go back this summer… But after an invite at Grandma’s house on Memorial Day and a few weeks later I WAS ON MY WAY BACK TO DISNEY WORLD! :D This time with my relatives who had never been before, hence the name of the TR! The whole time we joked about getting a flag like the lovely *cough cough* tour groups so that in case they fell behind they could still see where I was going;)

Let’s start with the introductions!
I’m gonna do separate pictures cause I thought that’d be easier for now than a big group picture and trying to pick everyone out haha!
I’m not sure if you all know me by now or not so I’ll start off the Roll Call :p

Myself, Rachel (19), Disney enthusiast, volleyballer and Disney College Program hopeful! I also love to laugh and just have a great time with family :)

The Narrator herself by LeCellierLover, on Flickr

My cousin Kyle (18), obviously new to all things Disney (he didn’t want to hear or see anything about it because he wanted to be surprised) and loves, I mean LOVES all things Star Wars!

Kyle and Cinderella by LeCellierLover, on Flickr
This was taken on the trip during his quest to get a picture with all the Princesses :p

My other cousins McKayla (15) and Raven (14), they’re sisters and (obviously) Kyle’s sisters as well haha. McKayla is on the right-hand side of the picture with Raven being on the left. This was taken in their room at home hence all the decorations on the walls ;) Both new to all things Disney, but they looked a lot up on YouTube. McKayla loves all things Anime and her favorite character of all time is Peter Pan! Raven is my mini-me and is obsessed with the show Dance Moms, her favorite character is Tinkerbell!

Raven and McKayla by LeCellierLover, on Flickr

And last, but certainly not least, the bread and butter of this trip, my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Dan (forever kids at heart that never wanna grow up :D ). They had been dreaming about this trip forever and wanted everything to be a surprise as well. My aunt is up for anything and my uncle is just like Kyle and LOVES all things Star Wars!

Aunt Kathy & Uncle Dan by LeCellierLover, on Flickr
This picture was obviously taken during the trip as well. Their 1st time seeing Cindy’s Castle! :)

So how did I get to go on this trip with my relatives some may ask? Well we always go over to my grandma’s on Memorial Day and my aunt Kathy had asked my mom to help her plan some of the trip (like where to buy tickets, what parks should they do on which days, etc.). Well I kept popping in and out of the room they were in and was gushing with excitement for them. Well, I think my wonderful mom told my aunt how much I wish I was going on the trip with them to show them the ropes and experience everything with them. The next thing I know I was called outside by my mom and my aunt came up to me and softly asked “Do you want to come with us to Florida?!” I SCREAMED with excitement, I couldn’t believe it! I had to ask multiple times “Are you guys sure?!”. Then I was able to break the news to Raven and McKayla and they were STOKED! Kyle’s comeback was “REALLY?! We have to squeeze ANOTHER person in the car?!” and my Uncle Dan laughed and said “Hey the way I see it she’s another driver! :p” So that was that! I got home and plugged the date into the Disney Countdown app on my phone as we anxiously awaited June 22nd! :)

Daxiegirl

Wow, loving your TR! Every post is making me more and more excited for our first trip ever in September. I love how you capture everyone's excitement and all the little sweet moments too. Also adoring the photos your Aunt took of the images you say you take for granted since you've been so many times. Sweet!

TinkandCrew

Following along! It appears you were a wonderful tour guide! I can't wait to see if you find your Uncle's penny! I'm sorry you had to deal with the crazy BK lady! I'm even more sorry that her children have her for a mother. :bored:

Cannot wait for your MK day.....

DisneyFreakEst1994

Thank you for following along! I know ahh only 34 more days til summer for me! :D

Thank you guys soo much for staying with me! Can't wait to write more! :happy:

Hahah yes I LOVE being a tour guide! I just helped my roommate plan her upcoming May trip! :p Omg what a coincidence! I luh luh love hockey! It's alright I love all hockey!

I just came back from WDW and took the "Keys to the Kingdom Tour" I now know even more to be a tour guide haha. I actually work for the Panthers down here, I'm on their energy team. It's definitely an amazing job. And the Blackhawks have always been one of the teams I've liked in the NHL, besides my Panthers of course haha.

I cant wait to read more of your trip!!! :D

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
June 28th- Day 7
WELCOME TO THE MAGIC KINGDOM!

The day had FINALLY arrived for my family to see the staple of Walt Disney World, The Magic Kingdom! We had no trouble getting up early this morning because we were suupeer excited! :D

I forgot to mention we had a AAA Diamond Club parking pass so we always had great parking close to the entrances (I mean TTC parking lot is a little trek no matter where you park, but we'll take the closest we can get! haha).

I was trying to capture Raven’s excitement! Little blurry due to the moving monorail..

So we got the Monsters U monorail which I was super excited about! Until it blurred our vision of the beautiful castle.. I guess that just built up their anticipation even more right?! :D

WE FINALLY MADE IT!! Boy was I suupeer excited to walk inside those gates!!!!

At first I took this picture to show what the crowds were like, but then this man ended up making the picture that much better haha! He was trying to get his kids’s attention so that he could take their picture in front of the train station.

A little photo of the crowds coming in behind us. It was about 8:25am at this point.

After we got in closer to 9am we had a plan of action (of course) which was Raven and I would run (well fast walk) to Frontierland and get FPs for Splash Mountain since just from the 40 minutes we waited for the park to open I already knew it was going to be a hot and muggy day.. my aunt even had to take her inhaler for the first time the whole trip. I was a little nervous since we had the whole day there, but my mom just reminded me to drink lots and lots of water :)

So off Raven and I went! My thought was go through Adventureland and cut through the little walk way right across from Aladdin’s Magic Carpet ride.

I saw people cutting through by the bathrooms right across from the Swiss Family Treehouse, but I figured our way would be faster ;)
Whelp I was wrong.. because some CMs had us stop until we met up with the rest of the crowd aka the people that cut through by the treehouse..

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Love to read all the PTR and TR's :) Makes me to want the time fly by faster and faster until October 17th!
Thank you! :happy: Oo trust me it will! I remember when I was 180+ days from my next trip and now I have 5 days til I can make FastPass+ reservations, it's crazy how fast time flies! But then just as quick as the trip comes the trip goes.. BUT we won't talk about that! :p

Just found your TR...following along!!!1
Ahh thank you for reading! :)

Keep going! You can do it! :):)
Hahah thank you for your encouragement! I'm getting there! Slowly, but surely :rolleyes:

so much fun to read your trip report. I would have been afraid of that lady in her car...
Thanks for reading along! :D Yeah I was scared to go through any drive thru's for a month after that whole episode.. :cry:

Wow, loving your TR! Every post is making me more and more excited for our first trip ever in September. I love how you capture everyone's excitement and all the little sweet moments too. Also adoring the photos your Aunt took of the images you say you take for granted since you've been so many times. Sweet!
AH FIRST TRIP EVER?!?! Please tell me you're going to write a trip report for it?! I'm sure you've heard this many times, but you are going to have an absolute blast! I can't wait to hear about it! :D

great report!
Thank you! :happy:

Following along! It appears you were a wonderful tour guide! I can't wait to see if you find your Uncle's penny! I'm sorry you had to deal with the crazy BK lady! I'm even more sorry that her children have her for a mother. :bored:

Cannot wait for your MK day.....
Aww thank you! :) I cannot wait to go back and look! People are probably going to wonder what I'm doing and think I'm crazy, but that's okay! :p I know we were saying that her kids must be miserable all the time.. Crazy crazy people..
Thanks for following along with me!

I just came back from WDW and took the "Keys to the Kingdom Tour" I now know even more to be a tour guide haha. I actually work for the Panthers down here, I'm on their energy team. It's definitely an amazing job. And the Blackhawks have always been one of the teams I've liked in the NHL, besides my Panthers of course haha.

I cant wait to read more of your trip!!! :D
The Keys to the Kingdom Tour is AMAZING! My mom and I did that last January and I would recommend it to everyone and anyone haha! Energy team? Is that like the in game entertainment people?! I AM SO JEALOUS THAT SOUNDS AWESOME! I want a job like that with my Hawks! :arghh:
Thank you for reading! :)

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Got the coveted FastPasses for Splash!

Had to stop and take a picture with the fake Liberty Bell since I have the real one where I go to school ;)

Meanwhile the rest of the family was making their way up Main Street! :)

We made our way through the castle and just had to try our luck at pulling the sword out of the stone! ;)

Hey that girl was wearing the same shirt as me! :cautious: And I think the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train looks a lot different than that now!

It was time to go beyond the gates and show them New Fantasyland!

Old old old!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster

It was time to go Under da Sea with Ariel! :)

I absolutely LOVE this ride! Raven, McKayla, and I were all able to squeeze into 1 clamobile and experience it altogether!

After our voyage with Ariel we turned left out of the exit and decided to go meet Ariel in person! *I TOTALLY FORGOT TO MENTION!* Kyle’s (yes Kyle!) goal for the day was to meet all of (or as many as he could fine) the princesses!

9346136240_e9d8c9c795.jpg

No offense to the lovely girl, but I was secretly, inside (yes the little 5 year old inside of me) hoping that Ariel would talk to me more about my shirt, but I only got a little tiny compliment. Which I was fine with because Raven and McKayla had never had that kind of princess experience before so it just made me happy to see them smiling so much and having a ball with our favorite mermaid :)

Love the autograph book Kyle! :joyfull:

Are you admiring Ariel, Kyle?! Excuse me Mr. but you have a girlfriend back in Chicago!
9346133550_549beb9961.jpg

She was the most perfect Ariel we could have asked for! Her accent was spot on!

With one character meet and greet down we decided to stay on a roll and go meet more! :D
Can you guess where we headed next??

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
We made another left out of Ariel’s meet and greet exit and headed towards Pete’s Silly Sideshow!

I asked Goofy if he could come up with a pose for our picture! Here were are setting up..

My favorite picture!! :D

DAAWW!! :’)

Next up was Donald! Notice I had to break out the handy dandy little personal fan ;)

He had poses for us too!

Kyle was either sweating already (that’s how hot out it was!) or he had water spilled on him because it was that hot out!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Then we ran out through the gift shop to get back in line for Daisy and Minnie while the lines were still nonexistent!

Another awkward, funny close up of just Raven that I love so much.. ey yah yah! :rolleyes:

Ok back to pictures with the characters in them!

These character interactions were awesome!

Hugs all around!!

9346114294_077209f007.jpg

FlaggNL

Thank you! :happy: Oo trust me it will! I remember when I was 180+ days from my next trip and now I have 5 days til I can make FastPass+ reservations, it's crazy how fast time flies! But then just as quick as the trip comes the trip goes.. BUT we won't talk about that! :p

Yeah time is flying by :) I remember we started with a calander and it was 260 days to go... and now we are almost at the 190 mark..... so time is flying by :)

So you are alomst ready for the FastPass+ reservations :) And you are soooooooooo right.... we won't talk about... what were we talking about? ;)

DisneyFreakEst1994

Ahh thank you for reading! :)

Hahah thank you for your encouragement! I'm getting there! Slowly, but surely :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading along! :D Yeah I was scared to go through any drive thru's for a month after that whole episode.. :cry:

AH FIRST TRIP EVER?!?! Please tell me you're going to write a trip report for it?! I'm sure you've heard this many times, but you are going to have an absolute blast! I can't wait to hear about it! :D

Thank you! :happy:

Aww thank you! :) I cannot wait to go back and look! People are probably going to wonder what I'm doing and think I'm crazy, but that's okay! :p I know we were saying that her kids must be miserable all the time.. Crazy crazy people..
Thanks for following along with me!

The Keys to the Kingdom Tour is AMAZING! My mom and I did that last January and I would recommend it to everyone and anyone haha! Energy team? Is that like the in game entertainment people?! I AM SO JEALOUS THAT SOUNDS AWESOME! I want a job like that with my Hawks! :arghh:
Thank you for reading! :)

Yes it is haha. We do the tshirt tosses, games, chants, cheers, my job is to pump up the crowd and be crazy. I say I pretty much get paid to do everything I did as a fan already lol

Dumbo2675

I liked reading your trip report. My family can't wait until or trip in October. I just got done watching the blackhawks win tonight's game (April 9th,'14) glad to know other Blackhawk fans on this form.

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Yes it is haha. We do the tshirt tosses, games, chants, cheers, my job is to pump up the crowd and be crazy. I say I pretty much get paid to do everything I did as a fan already lol
May I ask how the heck you got that job?! I don't even know if you could call that work that must be soo much fun!! :D

I liked reading your trip report. My family can't wait until or trip in October. I just got done watching the blackhawks win tonight's game (April 9th,'14) glad to know other Blackhawk fans on this form.
Thank you for reading! :happy: Ahh I can't wait until I'm out of college so that I can go in October and do the Halloween party! YES they won in OT thanks to Hoss and Sharpie! :D I can't believe there's only 2 more games left in the regular season! But yes so great to know there's other Hawks fans on here! :D

Dumbo2675

May I ask how the heck you got that job?! I don't even know if you could call that work that must be soo much fun!! :D

Thank you for reading! :happy: Ahh I can't wait until I'm out of college so that I can go in October and do the Halloween party! YES they won in OT thanks to Hoss and Sharpie! :D I can't believe there's only 2 more games left in the regular season! But yes so great to know there's other Hawks fans on here! :D

And from the great state of Illinois. lol

Bama14

yes once you get to the southern most parts of Alabama and Georgia you're options for food and comfortable places to stay are limited. :)
I forgot to add this to the other post.. This had been on my phone calendar just waiting to be viewed ;)

O yeah and here is a picture of the coveted “Steak in a Sack” that we all heard about for hours until we left the restaurant ;)

I sure love chicken sandwiches though!

Back on the road again and Pascal was VERY excited that he got to watch himself on the little DVD screen :) It’s funny because when I first saw previews for Tangled I had no intentions of wanting to see it. Well after renting it on DVD and watching it countless times years after its come out, I’M OBSESSED! Rapunzel is hands down my favorite Disney Princess and I absolutely love the movie! Ok fangirl rant over.. :p

By 4:30pm we were passing into Georgia!

This is random.. but we also saw a lot of people on the side of the road throughout our journey. Everyone seemed to be breaking down. Which reminds me that about a half hour into our journey, my uncle had thought about renting a van in Nashville. At first we all thought it was because he didn’t think that their older van could make it through the mountains with 6 people + 6 million pounds of luggage on top and in back. But we later found out it was because he thought we were all too cramped. We all told him we were completely fine because it was actually quite comfortable AND getting a bigger van would’ve meant burning some serious cash and losing our DVD player which we did not want to do haha! So every time we drove by people pooped out on the side of the road we crossed our fingers that that wouldn’t be us and luckily it wasn’t! We did say a pray for one young man because he was running away from his little red car and we saw that his car was on fire! :eek: And the fire was right by his gas tank! :eek: We almost pulled over but since we saw that he was out, running a good distance away and already on the phone with someone. We decided to speed as fast as we could out of there just incase the car did explode. Luckily no traffic had accumulated yet, but more importantly I hope that guy was alright!

By 6:15pm we were passing through Atlanta with luckily hardly any traffic!

I remember when I was 12 and Atlanta hosted our volleyball Junior Olympics. We got to play at one of the Olympic centers that was built for the 96 games, it was so much fun! :)

I can’t believe how many lanes there are going through ATL!

So our original plan was to stop in Macon, Georgia for the night. Well Macon had come and gone (I even saw the La Quinta we always used to stop at when my family drove! :’) ) and we were still driving. We were trying to find a hotel that would fall under my uncle’s list of hotels that he gets discounts at. Well there was one in Macon, but no one saw it until after the exit so we drove for about 10 more minutes. Then all of a sudden the skies started turning black and we knew we needed to get off the road and FAST! Well it seemed we were hitting a part of the state that had no exits! :eek: Finally we found an exit to get off at. We got out at the first hotel, stretched, and then realized that the sign said “No vacancy”.. back into the car it was to go to the other hotel across the street! I’m sorry that I can’t remember the name of the “motel”, but it was a great place to rest our heads for the night!

Cause I loove mirror piczzzz! :p

This was “The Girl’s Room”! It was for me, McKayla and Raven. Auntie, Uncle, and Kyle got the connecting room right next door. The rooms were a little muggy and stale at first since the AC wasn’t on so we just cranked it on and left the door open for awhile since now the skies were opening up big time and there was a nice breeze from the rain!

We were going to have pizza for dinner, but surprisingly nothing was open. So my uncle scored 6 whoppers and 6 fries (some onion rings) for $20!
My dinner for the night

So we settled in and the best part of the night happened.. I GOT TO WATCH MY HAWKS PLAY ON NBC! :D It was funny because a guest at the check-in counter said they only got CBS down there and he knew they were on NBC so we wouldn’t be able to see it.. Well sir I’m sorry to say, but you were wrong! :p I mean c’mon what hotel doesn’t have NBC?!
I legit went and jumped on Kyle’s bed when Kaner scored the first time because I was so happy! Then.. he scored again! Ahh this vacation was off to a great start! :D

So after filling our bellies and sending goodnight texts to my parents we were off to bed.. with dreams of the Hawks win replaying in my head :)

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
After we met some of the gang we decided to continue on with Kyle’s mission of getting pictures with a lot of the princesses!

I decided that it would be best for us to get a Fastpass to meet them! Our Splash FPs were ready so luckily we were able to get another FP right before going to ride!

Back up Main Street we went!

With fresh Fastpasses in hand we decided that it was time to head over to Splash!
First we had to stop for a bathroom break from all the water we were drinking!
Raven and I just loovee mirror picsss :p

We went through Adventureland to get over to Frontierland.

I love this picture! Kayla was afraid that her hat was gonna fly off! We wondered why she left her hat on in the first place.. haha newbie! :p

After this we were again on the character hunt for non other than Peter Pan! My aunt and uncle had asked the Little Mermaid CM earlier where Peter Pan was throughout the day and she said he was out right between his ride queue and the old bathrooms, but only until the 3 o’ clock parade because then he had to go there ;)

We got up to the line and it was about 12, the CM said that the group in front of us was the last group to go, but Peter would return at 12:40.. I didn’t really feel like waiting, but I knew Kayla had been waiting her whole life for this so we decided to wait. At this point Kyle and Raven went off in search of Aladdin and Jasmine so that Kyle could see another princess. While we waited I wandered over to the new Tangled bathrooms that I had not seen up until this point!

Tangled is tied with Frozen as my favorite movie! Ever since I saw Tangled it has held a special place in my heart! Maybe it’s because I’m trying to grow my hair out to be as long as hers?! HA!

Everything about it is just spectacular!!

Little picture while we waited :)

So right after we got in the technically “second line” to meet Peter Pan at 12:40 the character CM whispered “I may be able to sneak you guys into this line if there’s enough time!” everyone that got in line behind us was told that Peter would be leaving soon so no one stayed around. What do you know right after the last people got their pictures the nice CM told us to go see Peter! So no waiting 40 more minutes to see the next Peter?! Boy I tell ya this Disney magic is something special :)

So it was finally time to meet the man.. the myth.. the legend.. PETER PAN!!

At first Peter told me to stand by him, but I let Kayla move next to him since she was the one waiting to see him! I tell ya the things I do for my family ;) haha jk!

“Act like you’re in a sword fight!”

“Act like you’ve smelled something stinky!”

Funny in between/what do we do next picture.

“Now act like you’re flying!”

Then my uncle, being the little kid that he is, literally jumped next to Peter right after us and joking said “Well Peter I don’t want to grow up either!” I don’t know if Peter found it as funny as the rest of us did, but then again I guess he had to stay in character? Either way the interactions we had with him were awesome! :D
His “I don’t want to grow up!” face.. HAHA

This time with a little smirk!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Meanwhile, Raven and Kyle were off in Agrabah meeting Jasmine and Aladdin!

Ya alright there Aladdin?! Haha :joyfull:

KYLE WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT FLIRTING WITH THE PRINCESSES?! :eek:

I was proud of Kyle for asking for a pose! ;)
9343312263_8e4de29274.jpg

After we were done sword fighting and flying with Peter we decided that we needed something to cool us off. I knew the perfect place..
9345781205_495bb11390.jpg

Noo not Be Our Guest.. we wanted to gulp down some of LeFou’s Brew!

So soooo yummy nummy!!

My uncle ended up getting the pork shank (boy was that good!) and Raven got a LeFou’s Brew, but without (my favorite part) the whipped topping because it has mango in it supposedly and she had an allergic reaction to mango in the past so my aunt and uncle didn’t want to try their luck, especially since we still had a whole day of magic ahead of us!

Since we still had time before our FPs were up we decided to venture into Tomorrowland!
Buzz had no wait so we stopped there first!

I don’t think anyone became a Galactic Hero (although in our Photopass pictures it has the name on there, but we definitely did not get it), but if I do remember correctly, I think Kyle beat all of us.. :(

Daaww! :’)

Of course I had to make a hideous face for the camera..

PolynesianPrincess

OK, all caught up!!

Love your mermaid shirt! I have a few of those shirts from Hot Topic!! I have a different mermaid one, another mermaid one, an Aladdin one, a Beauty and the Beast one and a Gaston one! They will be coming with me to Disneyland in 2 weeks!! :)

Ummmm... how insane was that woman behind you in line at BK?! PSYCHO!!!! I would've been scared too!! People are crazy these days. Like it was your fault it was taking so long? If your food wasn't ready, how would hers be ready?!? Sheesh!!

Can't wait to read the rest!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom