Bring Back the Timekeeper!

Do you think Disney should bring the Timekeeper back to honor Robin Williams?

• Yes

Votes: 121 79.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 20.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Today the world lost a legend, a friend, and a comedic genius. Robin Williams was an amazing actor who brought heart to every performance he was able to. From "Mork & Mindy" to "Good Will Hunting", he was a master of cinema. When he wasn't cracking us up, he was dazzling us on the screen. His wife put it best today.
"It is our hope the focus will not be on Robin's death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."

He was there through all these years to bring joy into our homes. But those weren't his only realms. He also appeared in Walt Disney World attractions on multiple occasions. One was the "Back to Neverland" film at Disney MGM Studios. The other was the cherished "Timekeeper". It was a beautiful, innovative, and fun Circle-Vision film in Magic Kingdom's New Tomorrowland of 1994. My proposition is for Disney to bring back this attraction in Tomorrowland and Discoveryland in Paris in the coming months, in order to honor the late legend.

Michael Jackson passed away in 2009, and a similar memorial was accomplished in the "Captain EO Tribute". Robin deserves one last trip through time in the Disney parks. He earned it. What does everyone else think?

RMichael21

Today the world lost a legend, a friend, and a comedic genius. Robin Williams was an amazing actor who brought heart to every performance he was able to. From "Mork & Mindy" to "Good Will Hunting", he was a master of cinema. When he wasn't cracking us up, he was dazzling us on the screen. His wife put it best today.

He was there through all these years to bring joy into our homes. But those weren't his only realms. He also appeared in Walt Disney World attractions on multiple occasions. One was the "Back to Neverland" film at Disney MGM Studios. The other was the cherished "Timekeeper". It was a beautiful, innovative, and fun Circle-Vision film in Magic Kingdom's New Tomorrowland of 1994. My proposition is for Disney to bring back this attraction in Tomorrowland and Discoveryland in Paris in the coming months, in order to honor the late legend.

Michael Jackson passed away in 2009, and a similar memorial was accomplished in the "Captain EO Tribute". Robin deserves one last trip through time in the Disney parks. He earned it. What does everyone else think?
Well said...

MonorailRed

Applebees

I'd love to see a tribute to Robin Williams somehow.

Back to Neverland would be amazing to see again at Hollywood Studios, just because I really loved the scene where he did a ton of impressions as a cartoon as a kid. Lots of memories there….

Seriously, Robin Williams was a Spectacular comedian. He will be missed!

Cmdr_Crimson

Ever since Innoventions closed their Pre show at DL they have another Timekeeper just waiting to make a comeback!
IMG_0131.JPG

Mike S

I don't think I ever saw the show myself but I've seen video and would love to have it back. But there is one thing, what to do with the Twin Towers? Could they digitally replace them with the new World Trade Center? Maybe reshoot the New York part entirely.

graphite1326

Timekeeper was one of my favorites. However, the last few times I went there was hardly anyone there. It would probably be very popular now since Robin Williams has passed away. Put it where Capt. EO is now and with more affects.

pumpkin7

I think if they could do it with MJ, then they can easily do it with Robin. He's getting just as much news coverage (we've got sky news on at work, and I've lost count of the times I've heard 'Good Morning, Vietnam!').
I love Timekeeper, I think it would be wonderful to bring him back.

stevehousse

I don't think I ever saw the show myself but I've seen video and would love to have it back. But there is one thing, what to do with the Twin Towers? Could they digitally replace them with the new World Trade Center? Maybe reshoot the New York part entirely.

Why even change anything to begin with? R people really that sensitive still that they can't see a building from Americas past? It would be silly to change it and costly which Disney would never do...

pumpkin7

The only problem I can see with bringing back Timekeeper is that it's not immediately evident that it's Robin Williams. I guess that the Timekeeper sort of looks like him in a very abstract way (was he modelled on him?), where as EO actually has MJ and it's obvious it's MJ. I know he has a very unique voice, but I'm not sure the average guest would get that it's Robin. I guess they would have to make him look more like the robot in Bicentennial Man, or at least use those facial features, and keep the rest. But then it wouldn't really be Timekeeper would it? Hmm!

Mike S

Why even change anything to begin with? R people really that sensitive still that they can't see a building from Americas past? It would be silly to change it and costly which Disney would never do...
It's not a problem for me but if it was brought back and people thought it was new they would wonder why the Towers are there. Disney would have to make it clear this is an old attraction coming back if that wasn't changed.

Mike S

The only problem I can see with bringing back Timekeeper is that it's not immediately evident that it's Robin Williams. I guess that the Timekeeper sort of looks like him in a very abstract way (was he modelled on him?), where as EO actually has MJ and it's obvious it's MJ. I know he has a very unique voice, but I'm not sure the average guest would get that it's Robin. I guess they would have to make him look more like the robot in Bicentennial Man, or at least use those facial features, and keep the rest. But then it wouldn't really be Timekeeper would it? Hmm!
Simple, say it's him in the guide maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom