Breast feeding in WDW

mam885

I had no trouble nursing my 15-month old there last year. I did a lot of it on the go while she was in my Ergo carrier (it has a hood so I could be discreet). She would often fall asleep like this as well, and is the kind of kid who slept through me going on dark rides no problem! Nursing in the movie type attractions is a great idea, too.
I had been worried about having to go back to our condo (off site, darn it) for naps, but that carrier was a lifesaver for great naps and easy nursing. My husband had to help me loosen the straps a bit, but all in all VERY convenient.
Have fun!!!

Cosmic Commando

Thank you for responding! I'm so glad you've had no trouble nursing without a cover, that makes me feel much better! I find the covers awkward, I hadn't even considered the heat - my daughter is a September baby, so I haven't had to deal with the heat yet!
My wife uses the "two shirt" method. I've always felt that the huge nursing covers are just like a giant flashing arrow drawing attention to self-conscious women.

The longer attractions that people mentioned are all good: Pirates, Mansion, Peoplemover (many times you can ask to stay on if you want, but it's not guaranteed), Small World, Universe of Energy, SSE, Living with the Land, American Adventure, Great Movie Ride, Finding Nemo: the Musical, etc.

Then there are also underutilized spaces in the parks if you want a quiet, out of the way place: Tomorrowland Terrace and the old Aunt Polly's restaurant on Tom Sawyer Island in MK are good. The inside of the Seas is so dark no one would ever know what you're doing and there are some quiet corners, there is an empty hallway behind the Character Spot that is a wonderful place to hang out in AC (I think it's the temporary Character Spot while the permanent one is being refurbbed), and the Liberty Inn never fills up in my experience. Rafiki's Planet Watch is AC'ed and always empty and Flame Tree and Pizzafari both have very big seating areas. Never found a particularly good place in DHS.

wiigirl

Right! I say, whip them both out! :D

lol :p
75.gif

angela02

I nursed my older two and will nurse our youngest when we are there next month. I agree with the previous post that the two shirt method is great if you do not want to use any type of cover. I have also found that if I wanted a little coverage I use a muslin blanket draped over my shoulder and that seemed to help too. What is great about that is it breathes, does not make the baby or mama hot and helps to keep the infant from being distracted by all the commotion. One thing I found helpful was that every time we rode a dark ride I would nurse or watched a show I would nurse. It was definatly easier that way because we were seated and I was not trying to do it while walking around but I did do that as well. I think you will find it much easier than you anticipate it being. I hope you all have a great trip!

CommyHolly

I know this post is a month old, but I had to add my experience,,,,,or rather the experience of my daughter nursing my grand daughter.

She used the 2 shirt method, and pretty much nursed where ever she wanted without issue. Nobody gave two figs,,,,,,,and the only ones who seemed to really KNOW were mothers who were or had nursed themselves! That brought more smiles and sweet, thoughtful comments than anything,,,,,,,

Mind you, she was reasonably discreet,,,,,,,she didn't just hang out there for the whole world to see,,,,,,,but if a flash of skin showed, it was less than you'd see at the beach. She did have a light diaper cloth that she had at the ready in case the baby suddenly let go and anything showed, but she never had to use it.

Having Daddy or grandma there to help take the baby so she could readjust really helped,,,,,

she did tend to TRY and find quieter areas tucked away,,,,,or just turned her back to latch on and off and then turned back when all was settled,,,,,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom