Breaking reservation into two blocks

jmp85

Original Poster
During my last stay at Disney (Port Orleans French Quarter), I noticed during booking that I could save a few hundred dollars if I broke the 6 days up into 5 days + 1 day. The entire stay was at the same resort and the same room "level" (garden view).

While getting ready to book our next trip, I noticed that by adding a Saturday to the trip, I am losing the spring passholder discount for the entire trip. If I change the trip back to Monday-Friday, it gives me the big discount. The weird part is, if I book Saturday separately, it IS allowing the discount. This will likely lead to be booking "two" trips again and checking out and back in on Saturday morning. Does anyone know why this is? I've noticed weird things like this every time I book through the website.

Edit: I have confirmed that the same "level" of room is available when booking in separate blocks.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would try calling call to make the reservation.

Promotion and availability under those promotions are finicky at best and adding the online reservation system into the mix can make it down right infuriating. A good CM at the reservation center will now how to navigate the system and can often avoid having to do two bookings for a single trip.

That being said, what you experienced is not all that uncommon. What is actually happening in the background is a mystery, but most of us suspect that Disney, just like every other hotel chain, is doing everything they can to maximize both occupancy and revenue. That often involves things like artificially restricting supply (e.g. saying a room is not available when it is) and restricting promotion availability.

DisneyJoe

It is basically an unpublished minimum resort stay requirement, sometimes the CM can tell you from their systems, sometimes they don't even know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom