Breakfast in the Parks

Pongo

Original Poster
This may be a DUMB question, but in order to eat at a character breakfast in one of the parks before opening (such as the princess breakfast at Akershus), do you need to have a ticket for the park?

dflye

Yes, and having a confirmation with your priority seating number doesn't hurt as proof that you really have a reason to sneak in early.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Not making fun of your question or anything - it's just logic i've never understood - why on earth would Disney let someone into a park for free for any reason?

dflye

mousermerf said:
Not making fun of your question or anything - it's just logic i've never understood - why on earth would Disney let someone into a park for free for any reason?
I guess you've never met my shop-o-holic aunt when she visits Epcot. :eek:

Some people eat or drink around the world. She shops. And shops. And shops.

If they let her in free, they'd still make a TON of profit on her visit.

They let CMs bring in guests for free, I certainly brought in my share when I had the chance! :lol:

If Disney found a financially good reason to use a free park pass in some sort of bait-and-switch offer, they'd do it in a second. Such as Club 33 members in DL, last I heard.

Totally off topic, as a relatively new member, I'm still trying to puzzle out what a merf is? Mickey's Everyones Relatives Friend? I'm not trying to be obnoxious, I just have no clue what merf means in the land of the mouse! :veryconfu

CAPTAIN HOOK

Pongo said:
This may be a DUMB question, but in order to eat at a character breakfast in one of the parks before opening (such as the princess breakfast at Akershus), do you need to have a ticket for the park?
:hammer: - No park ticket = no park entry (breakfast or no breakfast)

Nansafan

When you make your PS or Advance Reservation (whatever it's now called) the CM tells you when dining at a park that you need a valid park ticket to enter the park that day. In our experience with a Cindy breakfast at the MK, when we got to the park, a CM had a list of all the people who had breakfast ressies for the time before the park's official opening and checked the list before she let anyone into the park.

happytrees

If you're eyes aren't set on going to breakfast in the parks, there is a wonderful character breakfast at the Grand Floridian (the only breakfast I've been to at WDW :D) . I wasn't really interested in hanging out with the Pooh characters, but the Mad Hatter on that day made up for it.

SewIn2Disney

dflye said:
I guess you've never met my shop-o-holic aunt when she visits Epcot. :eek:

Some people eat or drink around the world. She shops. And shops. And shops.

If they let her in free, they'd still make a TON of profit on her visit.

As a side note, a few years ago we were in Epcot and my dad was looking at a shirt from a store, but he didn't get it. Our last day, as we were about to leave my mom forgot that she wanted to buy it as a christmas present. She went to the front desk of our hotel to see if there was any way she could get it. They told her to go the front gate of the park and they'd give her a comp ticket good for only an hour or two. We went and they did. They took a credit card number or something, so that if she didn't come back within the designated time, they'd charge her as a full day ticket. That way, she was admitted into the park for free, was able to purchase the shirt, then we were on our way. Does anyone know if they still do that? It seems kind of silly, esp. since they have WDW mail order. Interesting concept though.

shoppingnut

In DL they do let people in free to do xmas shopping on a number of selected nights, but then again none of the rides are open, just the shops.

SewIn2Disney

I would take full advantage of that! Just to be able to walk around, shop, take pictures, without the rush rush rush of hitting all the rides.....and all for free!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom