Breakfast: Crystal Palace, Boma or Tusker House?

Boomerdog

Original Poster
As just two adults, my significant other and I went to Chef Mickey's for Brunch during our last stay. It was VERY enjoyable. But, wanting to branch out, and always looking to include one breakfast on our dining plan (worth the credit) we have narrowed it down to three options.

Of these 3 (Crystal Palace, Boma and Tusker House), which is the preferred route to go using a dining plan credit?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Boma and Tusker are our faves but we enjoy Crystal Palace as well. You can't go wrong with any of them really. Pick which one appeals to you most. We are just 2 adults as well. Do you want to see Characters? If so Crystal Palace has Pooh characters, and Tusker has the classic characters in safari attire. And Boma is just a buffet but in our opinion the best buffet on property for breakfast. But again all are great choices. :p

CAPTAIN HOOK

We've dined at all 3 for breakfast - several times over.

Boma - we've stayed at AKL on our last two trips - therefore Boma was our default breakfast stop. An enjoyable buffet with great selection and choices set in a dining room themed of Africa. A bit on the edge of all entertainment unless you're either staying there or plan to visit AK immediately afterwards

Crystal Palace - our preferred breakfast choice in any of the parks. Ideal for pre park opening and with characters as well. Quite a civilised setting considering there are loads of kids (of all ages) wanting to see the characters.

Tusker - a great breakfast spot in AK. It's a little less refined than the other two but still a great breakfast selection and with Mickey and pals.

You can't honestly go wrong with any of them. My choice ? - it's hard to pick a favourite unless you do as we usually do and visit all three for breakfast if you have time during your stay

Disney4family

We love Crystal Palace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's the prettiest building on property. It's in the heart of the MK hub. It has Pooh, Piglet, Tigger & Eeyore. It has Pooh's Stuffed French Toast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (One of the most important reasons for existence).Honestly. It truly justifies existence (that and a hug from Pooh). :happy:

BrianV

Having only had breakfast at the crystal palace (eaten at Tusker and never at Boma), I liked it but don't love it. The setting is fun but you are paying for the characters. When our kids were 6 and 4 that was a plus. At 12 and 10 not so much. As two adults I'm not sure it is worth the surcharge so to speak. Maybe I should give it another try...

danyoung56

I'm very fond of the Tusker House breakfast. It has an excellent variety of breakfast food, and it has the amazing Jungle Juice (orange, guava, and other tasty stuff in there). The real advantage comes when you book it before rope drop. You can have a nice breakfast and then be perfectly positioned to beat the gate crowd into Kilimanjaro Safaris.

DisneyFans4Life

We've eaten at all three and I think CP is our favorite. It's nice to be in MK early, see the characters and then be on our way to POTC right after we eat.

As others have said though...you can't go wrong with either.

michaelnyc

Boma for sure, as two adults as well, I would highly recommend it
First the price cannot be beat and there is a much better selection than the others
You can get breakfast items here you cannot get anywhere else
Tusker House and Crystal Palace simplify breakfast since the target audience is mostly children
Boma has a much more interesting and complex menu selection

jpittore1

If you're staying at AKL, Boma is great for breakfast, otherwise it will be a lot of travel in the morning to get to Boma then to the Park. I second Kona Cafe for a close option to Magic Kingdom and Epcot since it's on the Monorail. Tonga Toast is out of this world, plus probably the best coffee...french press Kona coffee.

jlsHouston

I love BOMA but more for the dinner buffet than breakfast. Crystal Palace is decent. I think I prefer the 1900 Park Fare breakfast over Crystal Palace though. I also like Cape May. My favorite adult no character breakfast buffet is Fresh Med over at the Dolphin. Best kept 20 dollar breakfast buffet around I swear.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
As just two adults, my significant other and I went to Chef Mickey's for Brunch during our last stay. It was VERY enjoyable. But, wanting to branch out, and always looking to include one breakfast on our dining plan (worth the credit) we have narrowed it down to three options.

Of these 3 (Crystal Palace, Boma and Tusker House), which is the preferred route to go using a dining plan credit?

For me, I would do a character meal for breakfast and then Boma for dinner. I like the buffet breakfasts and the characters. It is such a fun way to start the day!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Boma will have the best food, but it's inconvenient to get to AKL if you're relying on Disney transportation. If you'll have a car, go for it.

71dsp

We aren't Crystal Palace fans, and we *love* Tusker House for breakfast, so for us, the choice is a no brainer. :D

EvilQueen-T

I like Boma then Tusker House then Crystal Palace but with that said I'd be looking at which park day I'm wanting to do the breakfast so if I was doing mk I'd pick crystal palace, ak Tusker House or Boma, Epcot or DHS Boma...unless you're staying at animal kingdom lodge then boma no matter which. We like to limit running around so we book near where we're going that day. Outside your list we love Kona, Grand Floridian Cafe, and Trattoria al Forno for breakfast with or without kids (we do lots of all adult trips).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom