Breakfast costs...

Can anyone tell me how much a mini box of cereal and a carton of milk costs at the resorts? I'm trying to decide if it is worthwhile to send an amazon pantry box down with breakfast items. We are staying at contemporary for 2 days and BLT for 5. Thanks!

ekutchey

Just take in to account that the resort will charge a small fee to hold the package should it arrive prior to you checking in. But I must admit even with this fee it is usually still worth it.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Have you considered packing it in your luggage. We have have packed cereal,granola bars, nuts and other snacks. Took a bag of apples in the carry on with no problems. When it's gone it makes room for souvenirs on the way home.

This is what I do too. I buy the single cereals and snacks, pack them and just purchase milk at the resort. We also buy a case of water at the resort- I forget the price, but it's extremely reasonable.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

We order from Garden Grocer each year. The resort always holds the shipment until we are ready for it, and I don't recall them charging anything. Just tipping as it's delivered to the room.

The package hold fee is new within the last year or so. Basically if something arrives via UPS, FedEx or USPS you may be charged a per package handling fee. If it arrives via courier, IE GardenGrocer, WeGoShop, Amazon Prime Now etc you shouldn't be charged a fee as they will deliver to bell services.

So depending on your exact purchases, one may make more sense over the other.

Can anyone tell me how much a mini box of cereal and a carton of milk costs at the resorts? I'm trying to decide if it is worthwhile to send an amazon pantry box down with breakfast items. We are staying at contemporary for 2 days and BLT for 5. Thanks!

Assuming you have Prime, compare the various Amazon services. While I still don't think Amazon Fresh covers WDW, if you have simple needs you may do better to use Amazon Prime Now over Panty (or in some cases, just normal Subscribe and Save). The prices and selection can vary pretty widely between them. I've actually done both S&S and Pantry for the same trip in the past as prices and selection between the two just worked out that way.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

This is what I do too. I buy the single cereals and snacks, pack them and just purchase milk at the resort. We also buy a case of water at the resort- I forget the price, but it's extremely reasonable.

Ditto -- us, too. Mini-boxes of Cereal, and packages of Pop Tarts or granola bars, are lightweight and easy to pack (we manage to fit them in our luggage even though we travel carryon-only). I bring some picnicware bowls and spoons as well, and we just buy milk at the resort -- and then use the extra room in our luggage for souvenirs on the return trip.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

Ditto -- us, too. Mini-boxes of Cereal, and packages of Pop Tarts or granola bars, are lightweight and easy to pack (we manage to fit them in our luggage even though we travel carryon-only). I bring some picnicware bowls and spoons as well, and we just buy milk at the resort -- and then use the extra room in our luggage for souvenirs on the return trip.
Ditto to the ditto to the ditto ;) We pack a collapsible cooler in our check on luggage and put cream cheese and coffee creamer in it, and any other non-liquid cold items. It stays really cold under the plane. We also pack granola bars, boxed cereal, snacks to take down to the pool (gold fish, cheez-its, twizzlers, etc.), snacks we can pack in our backpacks for the park, nighttime snacks (i.e., plastic bottles of wine for mom and dad :D). I also always pack a pool bag to take down to the pool that I can put the snacks and all of the pool gear in ;) The nice thing is that all of this stuff takes up a considerable amount of space in the suitcase, which then leaves us room for all of our purchases for the way home when the food has been consumed. ;) The only thing I buy there for the room is milk. I usually go down to the quick service and ask for bowls and silverware to take back up to the room. There have never turned me down. Oh! I know this is off topic, but I pack liquid laundry detergent, too. We like to do our laundry there during the down time so I don't have to do it all when we get home. For whatever reason, some of the hotels only sell the powder detergent, but their washing machines are designed for liquid detergent :confused: So, now I pack that, too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom