Brazilian Tour Groups

NearTheEars

I hope the pro bowl falls flat

I definitely don't like dealing with tour groups, but I certainly am not hoping the Pro Bowl fails here.
I hope attendance is up and it helps boost the local economy. I'm sure the players loved the free vacation to Hawaii, but it was clear fans couldn't afford that destination.

No matter where it's played, though, I don't think the TV ratings will get much higher.

matt9112

I definitely don't like dealing with tour groups, but I certainly am not hoping the Pro Bowl fails here.
I hope attendance is up and it helps boost the local economy. I'm sure the players loved the free vacation to Hawaii, but it was clear fans couldn't afford that destination.

No matter where it's played, though, I don't think the TV ratings will get much higher.

Because it's crap.....

Cmdr_Crimson

I hope the pro bowl falls flat
I agree. I usually go around this time of the year and it has always been a good time to go. But when I heard about the moving of the Pro Bowl to Orlando last year I was not too happy about hearing that because it now means the parks would be a bit busier. So I took this year off and I'm waiting to go back the following year to see how this year turns out.

Last edited:

rob0519

Yep, the best of the best players are skipping in fear of injury.
I still don't wish it to fail, though. Maybe if the league would throw more money at them to play, the ratings would go back up, but it might cut into the profits too much.

Considering the salary of most of the Pro Bowl players, the possibility of a career ending injury and the fact that the game has absolutely no meaning, I don't think there is enough money to entice the star players to participate.

Cmdr_Crimson

With all of this going around that time you have...
The Pro Bow on the 29th
Tour Groups in Full Force
High School / Collegiate Cheerleading Competitions within those 2 weeks
And...."IF" whomever wins the Super Bowl decides to make their way to WDW for making MK into Nightmare Territory on a Saturday...

Phonedave

Yep, the best of the best players are skipping in fear of injury.
I still don't wish it to fail, though. Maybe if the league would throw more money at them to play, the ratings would go back up, but it might cut into the profits too much.

The MLB All-Star weekend remains my favorite.

I can't see the pro bowl ever doing well. Even the players that play dial it back to avoid injury, and they really have not had time to gel as a team eaither. It's like watching a family play football at Thanksgiving. Just people running around and having fun.

-dave

disney4life2008

Original Poster
You got lucky. Wait until they're right outside your resort window at 6 am recklessly chanting...you're not safe then!

That happened to be at All Star Sports but it was the high school cheerleaders. It was so mad that I had to call security. The first night the girls were cheering on the football field play area (I was on the first floor right by it) from 2am to 4am. Then the 2nd night, a group of high school kids were making out on the ground playing music at 1am. It was horrible.

21stamps

I read online that Pop Warner was going on the same week that we were there. 11/25-12/4.
But I never noticed... was it going on during that week?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
That happened to be at All Star Sports but it was the high school cheerleaders. It was so mad that I had to call security. The first night the girls were cheering on the football field play area (I was on the first floor right by it) from 2am to 4am. Then the 2nd night, a group of high school kids were making out on the ground playing music at 1am. It was horrible.

Been there done that as well minus the making out at 1 am.

Otterhead

I've never been sure what it is they're chanting -- a lot of it sounds like just vocalizations, "Hey oh eeeh ohhh" and such. On several occasions I've been in attraction lines that have all been Brazilian tour groups, chanting constantly. Sometimes someone pulls out a soccer ball and it gets bounced around the line from head to head and knee to knee.

Cmdr_Crimson

And then their's the one that has to be....Watcher of the Bags....
DSC04873_zpsj6g9sjct.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom