Braves Spring Training

KCheatle

I've "dragged" ;) my DH to WDW just about every year since 2008. He is a HUGE Braves fan, but since we live in Omaha, going to their games isn't an option. The first time we came down to WDW he said "Did you know that this is where the Braves spring training is?" I had no idea, and I kinda (okay...completely) brushed it off. And, every trip since he's casually mentioned how fun it would be to go to a Braves spring training game. I would love to set this up for the next time we go, so I'm watching for the 2016 schedule to come out to see if its realistic. My question is, has anyone ever done this? Are there buses to the Wild World of Sports or how do you get there and then back to the hotel??

MickeyMomV

Yes, spring training for the Braves is at the ESPN Wide World of Sports. The fastest way over is going to be by taxi. If you don't want to do that you should be able to take a bus to the transportation and ticket center and take an ESPN bus from there.
The schedule wont be out until late winter for the games. This year they started the week of March 1st. In 2014 they started the week of February 23rd.

Upvote 0

ELM

I've planned spring WDW trips for the past 2 years (2014 and 2015) around seeing my team (the Nationals) play the Braves at the WWoS and I highly recommend it, especially for baseball fans. Especially earlier in March, crowds tend to be a little bit lighter and the weather isn't as brutal, but I did learn the hard way that there is very little shade in the stadium and had to spring for some overpriced sunscreen. Depending on where you want to sit, you may be better off getting tickets off of StubHub. In 2014 I had tickets in the front row right behind home plate for <$100, a fraction of what I would have paid for a regular season game.
We use DME while at WDW, which makes us completely reliant on the buses and I've had mixed experiences getting to WWoS. There are 2 buses that run to WWoS, one from the All Stars (which I've picked up at All Star Sports) and one from Pop Century to Caribbean Beach to WWoS. This past March, we were an hour late to the game because we must have just missed to the bus when we arrived at Pop and had to wait 45 minutes for the next bus, and then had to ride along to the Caribbean Beach pickup before getting to WWoS. Unless you're willing to really plan out your travel and connections (in 2014 we spent the morning at AK before catching the bus to All Star Sports, in 2015 we had brunch at the Contemporary and then took the monorail to MK to catch a bus to Pop) and leave plenty of time to sit around waiting for the various buses, the simplest thing to do is take a taxi or an uber. That being said, if I can make the numbers and the dates work to do it again in 2016, I'll be there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom