Bracketology: Imagineer Edition

Voxel

President of Progress City
Oh yah, I guess not..
Yours and Red's should be a pretty interesting one to read though, since I think it is probably the closest match and two of the best.
I am nervous to see what others think about me, though I am really enjoying reading all of these and yours and eng will be amazing.

LittleGiants16

Original Poster
Well everyone, I'm back with my latest analysis. This time, since he did ask for it, I'll be analyzing the 3/6 matchup of @englanddg and @IDInstitute.

@englanddg - I'll tell you guys, this might be the only seed I think is correct relative to my board-wide power rankings (don't worry, I'll publish those once I'm done with this series). In my opinion, @englanddg is the third best imagineer on these boards. He's proven for two years that he's got the chops to really show up on the big stage. He has, in the past, put a lot of his work into SA, and it's paid dividends for him. He came in second last year and was ousted in a tie for third a year ago (I thought he should have made the finals last year too, but I lost that vote). For those who don't watch him much, I think @englanddg is the best detail guy on these boards. When it comes to small scale, highly detailed proposals, he's the best. Bar none. Take a look at any menu he's ever done; yeah, menus are his thing, but still, the detail is unbelievable.
With that being said, his attention has gotten him into trouble before. Sometimes he seems to lose sight of the forest because of the trees. Take his final submission in this season's SA, highly detailed, but almost too much so. He lost sight of his park because of the extremely detailed nature of his DTD area. Also, @englanddg is a fiery competitor who has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. He's one of my best friends on these boards, and even I have trouble dealing with him sometimes. There's no way around it, our resident old man @englanddg is one of the best around, but his weak points may cause him trouble in a short term competition like this one.

@IDInstitute - This kid is another one of our new, talented rookies that have found their way into the elite eight. Along with @tcool and @RMichael21, @IDInstitute is a wickedly talented newcomer to the boards. He had a solid finish in SA, his first runout on these boards. He's young and, seemingly, excited to just be included in our post-season tournament. I think the biggest asset that @IDInstitute has is his youthful exuberance. This youngster has probably as much energy as I've ever seen out of someone on these boards. I get that energy is something that's hard to quantify, but @IDInstitute has it. He may not have the record that some of our other competitors have, but he probably has more vigor than anyone else.
Again, like everyone else in the tournament, @IDInstitute does have his faults. Unlike fellow rookie @RMichael21, @IDInstitute doesn't have the polish that is necessary to go deep into a tournament like this. He's got worlds of talent and worlds of ideas, but I think he's just too raw at this point. This guy reminds me a lot of @Voxel when he first joined us: tons of ideas, but little of the refinement necessary to see them through on his own. I like this kid a lot, but I like him two years from now. Think of @IDInstitute as the top pitching prospect at your favorite MLB team's Triple A team. He's got the talent and the upside, but he's just a little bit off being truly ready for the show. Now, in a year or two, I honestly think @IDInstitute might be my pick in this tournament.

The Matchup - This is, in my opinion, the easiest of the matchups for me to call. @englanddg has the hottest hand in the field right now. He's fresh off his second place finish in SA and has got to be brimming with confidence. He's facing a rookie who, while full of talent, just doesn't have the experience to take down a seasoned vet. Anything can happen in a one game tournament, I get that, but I don't see this one as being anything besides chalk. As long as the real world doesn't get in the way, I'm taking @englanddg comfortably.

Prediction - @englanddg

DinoInstitute

Well everyone, I'm back with my latest analysis. This time, since he did ask for it, I'll be analyzing the 3/6 matchup of @englanddg and @IDInstitute.

@englanddg - I'll tell you guys, this might be the only seed I think is correct relative to my board-wide power rankings (don't worry, I'll publish those once I'm done with this series). In my opinion, @englanddg is the third best imagineer on these boards. He's proven for two years that he's got the chops to really show up on the big stage. He has, in the past, put a lot of his work into SA, and it's paid dividends for him. He came in second last year and was ousted in a tie for third a year ago (I thought he should have made the finals last year too, but I lost that vote). For those who don't watch him much, I think @englanddg is the best detail guy on these boards. When it comes to small scale, highly detailed proposals, he's the best. Bar none. Take a look at any menu he's ever done; yeah, menus are his thing, but still, the detail is unbelievable.
With that being said, his attention has gotten him into trouble before. Sometimes he seems to lose sight of the forest because of the trees. Take his final submission in this season's SA, highly detailed, but almost too much so. He lost sight of his park because of the extremely detailed nature of his DTD area. Also, @englanddg is a fiery competitor who has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. He's one of my best friends on these boards, and even I have trouble dealing with him sometimes. There's no way around it, our resident old man @englanddg is one of the best around, but his weak points may cause him trouble in a short term competition like this one.

@IDInstitute - This kid is another one of our new, talented rookies that have found their way into the elite eight. Along with @tcool and @RMichael21, @IDInstitute is a wickedly talented newcomer to the boards. He had a solid finish in SA, his first runout on these boards. He's young and, seemingly, excited to just be included in our post-season tournament. I think the biggest asset that @IDInstitute has is his youthful exuberance. This youngster has probably as much energy as I've ever seen out of someone on these boards. I get that energy is something that's hard to quantify, but @IDInstitute has it. He may not have the record that some of our other competitors have, but he probably has more vigor than anyone else.
Again, like everyone else in the tournament, @IDInstitute does have his faults. Unlike fellow rookie @RMichael21, @IDInstitute doesn't have the polish that is necessary to go deep into a tournament like this. He's got worlds of talent and worlds of ideas, but I think he's just too raw at this point. This guy reminds me a lot of @Voxel when he first joined us: tons of ideas, but little of the refinement necessary to see them through on his own. I like this kid a lot, but I like him two years from now. Think of @IDInstitute as the top pitching prospect at your favorite MLB team's Triple A team. He's got the talent and the upside, but he's just a little bit off being truly ready for the show. Now, in a year or two, I honestly think @IDInstitute might be my pick in this tournament.

The Matchup - This is, in my opinion, the easiest of the matchups for me to call. @englanddg has the hottest hand in the field right now. He's fresh off his second place finish in SA and has got to be brimming with confidence. He's facing a rookie who, while full of talent, just doesn't have the experience to take down a seasoned vet. Anything can happen in a one game tournament, I get that, but I don't see this one as being anything besides chalk. As long as the real world doesn't get in the way, I'm taking @englanddg comfortably.

Prediction - @englanddg
Well, darn;)

I think that was a fair analysis, and the prediction is logical...based on the current data;) I'm really going to try and bring everything I have, especially in round one, because this really does seem like on paper the biggest difference in power. Like you said though, I do have the ambition and the eagerness to try and pull this off, so part of what I'm saying is probably straying from that:p
I agree about the refinement issue...The thing is, I've only so far worked in teams, and I don't do as well when I'm not presented with a specific challenge. Therefore, I really haven't done much on my own. This tournament will be a lot of fun, but also a big learning point for me. Let's see!

@englanddg...
tumblr_inline_n5jgc97oFq1rph9bn.gif

RMichael21

Well, darn;)

I think that was a fair analysis, and the prediction is logical...based on the current data;) I'm really going to try and bring everything I have, especially in round one, because this really does seem like on paper the biggest difference in power. Like you said though, I do have the ambition and the eagerness to try and pull this off, so part of what I'm saying is probably straying from that:p
I agree about the refinement issue...The thing is, I've only so far worked in teams, and I don't do as well when I'm not presented with a specific challenge. Therefore, I really haven't done much on my own. This tournament will be a lot of fun, but also a big learning point for me. Let's see!

@englanddg...
Playing solo is completely different, but it's a lot of fun! ;):)

LittleGiants16

Original Poster
Well, darn;)

@englanddg...
Nothing personal my friend, and as I said, in two years you'll be the absolute man around here.

Matt7187

DinoInstitute

Now that I think about it...This type of thread is actually good for the competition...Because it helps make the tournament more of a spectator sport. Like a real game or competition show, if you don't know the person or what is happening outside of the tourny,then you can read this to know about it and make your own predictions, favorites, and enjoy the game!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom