Bought my first pin!!

alee4eva

Original Poster
Ive started my pin collection (late in the craze, I know)...But I was wondering if any veteran collectors had any information for me... which pins are rare, where I can get a book or vest for them etc. hehe I appreciate any info you can give me.. I'm a total rookie (1 pin so far!! lol) :sohappy:

Steamboat_Kevin

You can buy lanyards and books for your pins at anyplace that sells pins, but the lanyards are $8.00 each and the books are REALLY expensive (not sure of the actual price), but hey! you're at WDW, spend some extra money! It's not every day you get to go to WDW (for MOST of us anyway :D) Donaldduck1967 is right, the pins that say Limited Edition are rare, but a bit pricey ($10.50 to $12.50 usually) If you need more info, I recommend http://www.dizpins.com/
Have fun pin trading!!! :D

DanStat

Don't just look for pins that are limited edition. Look for ones that you want. Try to get a "theme" and stick to it. It will save you lots of time and stress!

Pins have stamps on the back that tell you the size of release, etc. Good luck, it's addicting!:D

Disney4648

Welcome to Disney Pin trading. Most Open Release pins which have not limited size usually cost from 6-8 dollars. the Limited Edition Pins are rare and come in amounts of 700-5000. Most or sold at WDW or given to wdw employees. These pins may become very rare. Now, some pins are retired like the many Dixie Landings Resort pins. They do not have as much of a value as the LE pins. The easy way to buy pins online is to go to ebay, they have a lot of them. I currently have 7, all from WDW.

Have fun trading.

alee4eva

Original Poster
A theme is such a good idea!!! Hehe, since I bought the Team Disney Building pin, maybe i'll go with .. hmm i dunno what kinda theme.. ill keep thinking

disneyfan123

I started collecting pins on my last trip to WDW I bought 4 limited editions pins worth $12.50 each -one for each park. I do not know how much they are worth now!!!! I think it is a great idea to collect some LE Pins and some which you add to a certain theme. My theme which I will be adding to on my next trip is park and resort pins. I agree with DisneyPrep50321 it is addicting...good luck!!!

*only 39 days to go* (so close and yet so far....)
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Pioneer Hall

I have been collecting for about two years now and have about 250 in my collection. Here is some advice...

Collect things you want and like. Try and find an area of interest...for example I collect Park and resort related things and my favorite characters.

Limited edition pins are the hardest to find, depending on the release size. Disney releases limited editions for holidays, special events, and spur of the moment things. You can never be to sure when one is going to come out. Release sizes are between 1,000-5,000 usually and the smaller the release size the harder to get.

Books are about 40 dollars and lanyards around 10.

Most of all HAVE FUN!! Don't get carried away and remember they are only pins.

alee4eva

Original Poster
Hehe, yeah i gotta watch myself dont want another beanie baby/pog craze lol but im older now.. i can handle it.

"Hi my name is Alison, and I have a pin addiction."

Hope it wont come to this lol lol

Quentin Disney

It's good that I work in merchandising!

Pin trading indeed is one of the hottest collectables in recent Disney history. Since you are starting out, let me give you some tidbits about pin trading.

Most pins start at $6.50, with more elaborate designs starting at $8.50 on to $15.00 for pins that light up for example. All limited edition pins start at $8.50. Edition size can be as high as 7500 or as little as 50 during some pin events. Lanyards are $8.00, a starter lanyard set is $25.00 with four trader pins. If your collection gets bigger, we have pin books at $20.00, a pin backpack for $32 and a larger Pin Book with strap for $36.

I usually tell guests to not just go for the LE's, but for the pins that you like. There are thousands and thousands of pins that have been released throughout the world. You aren't going to get them all. I usually stick to Minnie Mouse pins since she is my favorite.

Remember, you can trade with the Cast Members! If a CM has a laynard with pins, you can trade for up to two pins...and any pins! Well, not just any pin. We can't accept duplicates or pins that aren't copyright Disney. I'm sure you won't have any problems with that.

For more information on pins and pin trading, check out these sites:

Dizpins Dizneypins
-For the latest in pin information and upcoming events
Pinpics
-A massive pin database featuring over 11,000 pins. You can also trade online using the personal trade assistant. I got a lot of good trades using this site!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom