Both water parks in a day

felipenor

I'll be going to WDW at the end of July and I was hoping to hit both water parks on the same day. Is it possible? Do water parks usually reach capacity around the end of July (which would mean I probably wouldn't be able to get in the second park)? Are weekdays less busy than weekends?

BobsMom

In our experience, weekends at the water parks are busier than weekdays. While chatting with people in line for the slides, we've found a lot of local Floridians at the water parks on the weekends. Will you have a car with you? Transportation from one water park to the other could be quite a long journey.by Disney bus. As of our last visit, February 2015, there was no bus that went directly from TL to BB or vice versa. You would need to take a bus to a resort and then grab another from the resort.

Upvote 0

felipenor

Original Poster
In our experience, weekends at the water parks are busier than weekdays. While chatting with people in line for the slides, we've found a lot of local Floridians at the water parks on the weekends. Will you have a car with you? Transportation from one water park to the other could be quite a long journey.by Disney bus. As of our last visit, February 2015, there was no bus that went directly from TL to BB or vice versa. You would need to take a bus to a resort and then grab another from the resort.
Thanks, BobsMom.
So it's better if I go on a Monday or Tuesday, right? If I get to the second park (probably TL) and it's full to capacity, how likely am I to get in later in the day?

And I won't have a car, so I'll probably be taking the bus. I understand I'd take two different buses to get from BB to TL. How long would take probably take? Are there taxis available outside of BB?

Upvote 0

BobsMom

Thanks, BobsMom.
So it's better if I go on a Monday or Tuesday, right? If I get to the second park (probably TL) and it's full to capacity, how likely am I to get in later in the day?

And I won't have a car, so I'll probably be taking the bus. I understand I'd take two different buses to get from BB to TL. How long would take probably take? Are there taxis available outside of BB?

Factoring in wait times and travel times, you could spend more than an hour traveling between the 2. We have never tried getting to the water parks later in the day so I can't answer as to that. I imagine you would be able to get in. We tend to leave in the 2-3 in the afternoon to make it back to our resort for a shower then to a park to make a dinner reservation.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Thanks, BobsMom.

If you did BB 10-2 and then arrived at TL for 3-6 pm, I think you'd be fine. Just cross your fingers that a t-storm doesn't muck up your plans.

Upvote 0

felipenor

Original Poster
I've never been to Florida in the summer, so how exactly do these thunderstorms work? In case of a t-storm, will the park close? Do they usually last long or could we just wait till it clears up? What about visiting Disney Springs at night during a thunderstorm?

Is the weather forecast usually reliable about this? I'll be at Miami and just go to WDW for one day to visit the water parks and possibly Disney Springs at night (I've been to WDW earlier this year, but not to BB or TL). So I'm worried that I would buy my Greyhound tickets too early and find out a t-storm is expected for that day.

Upvote 0

BobsMom

We have never been ushered out due to a thunderstorm but they do move everyone from the water slides, wave pools and lazy rivers until the threat of lightning is gone. The stores get really crowded with people just hanging out. They will announce when it is safe to get back in the water. During the summer, Florida gets rain almost everyday and the pop-up thunderstorm can happen quickly. Just as quickly, the storm passes and the sun is out again. This from my sister who lives in Lakeland, FL about 40 minutes from WDW.

Upvote 0

felipenor

Original Poster
Thanks, BobsMom. So it's not likely there'll be a storm that last for several hours and we won't be able to enjoy the park?

And if I go on a Friday, is it likely to be very packed - or even full to capacity?

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks, BobsMom. So it's not likely there'll be a storm that last for several hours and we won't be able to enjoy the park?

And if I go on a Friday, is it likely to be very packed - or even full to capacity?
Let me inject a little bit of reality. It IS possible for a storm to last several hours. It has happened to us during many summer vacations, most recently earlier this month. While forecasts can be helpful, they are not always 100% accurate. But as long as there is no lightning, you will be able to enjoy the water parks in the rain. Know also that there is the chance the water parks could close WITHOUT rain if there is lightning in the vicinity.

Fridays are busy days for the water parks as many people visit the theme parks early in the week and save the water parks for the end of the week. Capacity is hard to predict.

Go ahead with whatever you have planned and be flexible. Keep a positive attitude and you'll be able to enjoy your day whatever the circumstances! :)

Upvote 0

felipenor

Original Poster
A few more questions:

1. Is it the same price if I buy the tickets online or at the park entrance?

2. A water park ticket is valid for both parks in a day, without the need for a park hopper or anything else, right?

3. Will I have to pay for the locker again at the second park? How much is it?

4. Should I bring towels?

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I agree with all the other posters. I'll add that when we've been to the waterparks in the summer, we happened to luck out in that when the daily T-showers came through (and they came through every afternoon we were visiting in July), they cleared the waterparks out so we had the "run" of the parks without hardly a wait for any slides after we were allowed back in the water. In fact, we timed our visits so that as the storms started rolling in, we'd hit the road and get to the parks just as the sky was opening up and people were making a mass exit for the buses.
1. I don't know that I've ever seen discount waterpark tickets (not like you can find for the main parks) so my guess is that the price is the same online vs at the park entrance. .
2. As for visiting both parks in a single day on a single ticket...I don't have that answer.
3. I don't know if you will have to pay for a locker at the 2nd park or not (have never done both parks in 1 day) but I would save your receipt just in case...it doesn't hurt to ask
4. And the one question I know: you can rent towels for $2, so if you don't want to bring a towel (which I'd advise doing, so you could stay in your swimsuit and just wrap the towel around you for transit to the next park).

As for getting to the water parks, they've made it a little more confusing now. Here's what was reported a short bit ago:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...tion-from-walt-disney-world-resort-hotels.htm

Upvote 0

Demeter Tess

We LITERALLY just did this last weekend! We started at Typhoon Lagoon at 9AM, rode everything and took a few laps around the lazy river, ate lunch, and drove over to Blizzard Beach around 1PM. It was more crowded at that point, but we still managed to do most everything we wanted (we started to get tired after a while -- all that intertube lugging!) by 4PM or thereabouts. The water parks were open until 7PM that day so, yeah, it's totally doable and I'd highly recommend it!

Regarding your questions... Yes, your ticket will be good for both parks. Yes, bring towels. (They charge to rent towels now.) And yes, you have to pay for your locker twice. Which sucks, and I feel like they ought to offer a "two-for" for those guests who plan to visit both parks. I'm not sure about busses, since we are locals and drove ourselves. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Upvote 0

felipenor

Original Poster
Thanks for the answers NelleBelle and Demeter Tess.

If I'm planning to use the Disney buses to get to the parks, will there be someone next to the bus stops who might help me with which bus to take (or maybe the bus driver will?)

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

The destination will be listed on the front of each bus where it's going (i.e. Typhoon Lagoon/Disney Springs or something like that). Sometimes at bus lines there will be specific que listed for which bus to take where (i.e. que #1 Animal Kingdom Lodge, #2 Boardwalk, etc). I'm sure there will be a friendly cast member about who will be more than happy to help and if in doubt, just ask the bus driver before you get on. :) I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Upvote 0

felipenor

Original Poster
If I choose to go this Saturday, how likely am I to be able to change to Blizard Beach around 2 pm? Any chance it'll have reached capacity?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom