Booking with a runDisney TA ? stuck with the package?

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
To get our bibs for the W&D 1/2 I had to book via a travel agent. Since then I got an AP...my TA said I wasn't able to use my AP discount since it was a runDisney package.

Has anyone had luck doing this or is it "rule" of my TA?

@Master Yoda said they were able to provide this service as a TA. I'd love it if my TA could do this. I'll ask again as the discount becomes available fits something I can push. Right now it's the same as the rack room rate.

See my post..
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/how-likely-to-keep-same-room.886190/#post-6188477

wilkeliza

To get our bibs for the W&D 1/2 I had to book via a travel agent. Since then I got an AP...my TA said I wasn't able to use my AP discount since it was a runDisney package.

@Master Yoda said they were able to provide this service as a TA. I'd love it if my TA could do this. I'll ask again as the discount becomes available fits something I can push. Right now it's the same as the rack room rate.

See my post..
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/how-likely-to-keep-same-room.886190/#post-6188477

If you booked with the TA on a runDisney package you can't get the AP discount because the package is already discounted. Also from my understanding for TAs to be able to get bibs they have to ensure so many rooms and tickets will be sold. I was a CM and ended up having to book through a TA one year to run a race I desperately wanted to run and they would not sell just the bib. I had to book room and tickets through them even though the runDisney discount was not nearly as good as my CM discount.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

See my post..
I am going to have to go with things changing since I was a TA a couple of years ago.

Back then I could not get your bib. I could book you room using the Marathon rate, but you had to personally sign up for the marathon.

Was the TA that you used a regal TA from an agency like AAA or Big Bob's Bodacious Travel Agency, or are you dealing with an agent directly from RunDisney?

DisneyJoe

About time you showed up.;)

Have things changed with the way Disney's lets TAs book for the events?
Lol, yes, but I'm not sure exactly how yet.

We were a tour operator last year where we had a contract that committed us to selling so many rooms and race registrations.

Let me check my sources and get back to you.

6laurac

Lol, yes, but I'm not sure exactly how yet.

We were a tour operator last year where we had a contract that committed us to selling so many rooms and race registrations.

Let me check my sources and get back to you.

Sorry but can I crash this thread to ask when 2015 package pricing would be aval? Thanks

DisneyJoe

What kind of benefits do you get booking through a TA for a runDisney event?

When my agency did it last year, we blocked a certain number of room nights at 3 resorts and locked in rates that were lower than the public rates. We also had race registrations available after runDisney itself had sold out. I believe for some events we also included a 1 day park ticket in the package and the pricing was still below the public offering.

While we had a high demand for people wanting to purchase our race registrations, not everyone wanted to use our rooms - which we had contracted to sell.

It takes a special kind of TA to offer these events and not lose all of their hair due to the stress, LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom