BOOKING STRESS VENTING!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I know, I know....first world problems....and, yes, I'm a nut.

So, Tracey & I have decided that we are going to go for the Fantasy Western do-over for our anniversary in September since the logistics will work out with me already being in Central Florida for the girls cruise. We've booked and paid for our flights as well as our pre-cruise resort stay at the AKV/Kidani. The only problem is we have NOT booked the 9/14 Fantasy cruise. :eek: Seems totally backwards to book air & hotel before the cruise kinda like puting the buggy before the horse. That's what has my feeling so "off" and stressed about it! Ugh! Buuuut, there's still a ton of availability on that sailing in all categories. I am practically positive DCL will roll out guarantee discount rates once it gets inside the 75-day mark. I'm so anxious and excited it's kiiiiiillin' me to sit on my hands and not pull the trigger on the cruise booking! Ack! But I know my chances of greater savings are in being patient. I'm not a patient person!!!! Gah!

Sorry for my whining. Needed to vent. I already bugged @Disneyfalcon about it this morning. Bless her heart. And she's trying to get ready for her big European adventure while I'm over here whining about something that has yet to happen. I'm a terrible friend, I know!

I need to be sitting on my hands, stapling my fingers togther, and taping my mouth shut. :p

angieandtrevor

Oh Kelly, I feel your pain. I am not very good at being patient either but I think it will be a good decision in the end. Cruises at that time of year don't typically sell out so you guys will be fine.

We will be getting on the ship when you guys are getting off. Are you sure you don't want to do a B2B, we are pretty darn fun :) :) :)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Oh Kelly, I feel your pain. I am not very good at being patient either but I think it will be a good decision in the end. Cruises at that time of year don't typically sell out so you guys will be fine.

We will be getting on the ship when you guys are getting off. Are you sure you don't want to do a B2B, we are pretty darn fun :) :) :)

I WISH I could do a Fantasy b2b! Man, I'd be away from home for THREE weeks! LOL!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I know I hafta be patient but like @Kerby626 said our family really stinks at patience. I spent hours this morning reading thru peoples' guarantee rates from last year. I'm pathetic. Definitely not helping myself, huh??? LOL!

Bam Bam

I had to come out of lurking to say...I'll be on that cruise!! I read all your trip reports and feel like I know you and your family! If you see a lady pointing at you and nudging her husband that would be me :) Lol!!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I had to come out of lurking to say...I'll be on that cruise!! I read all your trip reports and feel like I know you and your family! If you see a lady pointing at you and nudging her husband that would be me :) Lol!!
OH! Are you doing the 9/14 Fantasy??? OOOOOOHhhhh!!!! Meetup!!!!

Bam Bam

OH! Are you doing the 9/14 Fantasy??? OOOOOOHhhhh!!!! Meetup!!!!
We will be on the 9/14 Fantasy!! This will be my families first cruise!! I told my husband that you just got back from the same cruise and we would have to stalk your trip report to see how it was!!! It would be awesome to meetup!!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
We will be on the 9/14 Fantasy!! This will be my families first cruise!! I told my husband that you just got back from the same cruise and we would have to stalk your trip report to see how it was!!! It would be awesome to meetup!!
Well, it was good enough to want to do it again! LOL!

Hope to start the report soon. I'm waiting for a few key pics I feel are absolutely necessary for the report to be sent over from my brother's ex. We had a few moments with the kiddos on the cruise that it was like, "Oh! This is just like when they were little and...." So we want to be able to put those pics side-by-side!

I'll convo you my email and we can compare notes on what we're planning for excursions! I was thinking we wouldn't plan anything but I keep finding such COOL stuff especially in Cozumel!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
61 days out and no discounts yet. We're totally sitting on our hands trying not to jump too soon! Ack! It's soooooo haaaaard!!! I read recently that last year's *GT rates didn't release for September until 32 days out. Gah! We'll be complete wrecks by then!!! There's still tons of availability in all categories except concierge which is down to the final few suites. I'm still quite sure there will be discounts, its just a matter of time. And patience. So HARD!!!! I totally feel like we're gambling in some high stakes game. Anyone who knows me can tell ya that's not something I normally do. I don't gamble!

Pooh Lover

Are you still doing the Thanksgiving cruise on the Allure? I couldn't convince my husband to do the Disney cruise (especially since we are headed to Disney World Sept. 14 for a week) so I booked another one on the Allure for December 8. I would have really liked to try the Fantasy but I guess I'm going to have to find another strategy to convince dear hubby. Good luck in your quest! Trip planning can be so fun and yet so stressful.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Are you still doing the Thanksgiving cruise on the Allure? I couldn't convince my husband to do the Disney cruise (especially since we are headed to Disney World Sept. 14 for a week) so I booked another one on the Allure for December 8. I would have really liked to try the Fantasy but I guess I'm going to have to find another strategy to convince dear hubby. Good luck in your quest! Trip planning can be so fun and yet so stressful.
Actually, recent developments are pointing to us having to cancel the Allure for Thanksgiving. Chandler was working at Kroger but they weren't giving him hardly any hours (less than 10 per week) even after he requested additional hours. The management there didn't seem real swooft and I don't think he ever had a week when there wasn't a problem with his paycheck either. Just weird. So, he recently applied and scored a new job at Hobby Lobby. He has yet to start so we'll have to see that he's good to go before we actually cancel. But, Hobby Lobby's busiest time of year is September thru December and they don't do vacations at that time of year. Plus, he's the new guy so if anyone is getting a week off during peak time it prob'ly wouldn't be him. We talked about it. We wouldn't want him to quit a good job to go on vacation. Life doesn't work that way. This job pays $2+ more an hour than the other one. The hours should be better. When you're 17 you also contend with having fewer options to find employment because a lot of places require a minimum age of 18. So, yeah, it's highly likely we'll cancel. I wouldn't leave one of my kids alone on a holiday. We'll have to go some other time.

okw2006

I know, I know....first world problems....and, yes, I'm a nut.

So, Tracey & I have decided that we are going to go for the Fantasy Western do-over for our anniversary in September since the logistics will work out with me already being in Central Florida for the girls cruise. We've booked and paid for our flights as well as our pre-cruise resort stay at the AKV/Kidani. The only problem is we have NOT booked the 9/14 Fantasy cruise. :eek: Seems totally backwards to book air & hotel before the cruise kinda like puting the buggy before the horse. That's what has my feeling so "off" and stressed about it! Ugh! Buuuut, there's still a ton of availability on that sailing in all categories. I am practically positive DCL will roll out guarantee discount rates once it gets inside the 75-day mark. I'm so anxious and excited it's kiiiiiillin' me to sit on my hands and not pull the trigger on the cruise booking! Ack! But I know my chances of greater savings are in being patient. I'm not a patient person!!!! Gah!

Sorry for my whining. Needed to vent. I already bugged @Disneyfalcon about it this morning. Bless her heart. And she's trying to get ready for her big European adventure while I'm over here whining about something that has yet to happen. I'm a terrible friend, I know!

I need to be sitting on my hands, stapling my fingers togther, and taping my mouth shut. :p
I am going to do the same thing for a Labor day cruise next year. I noticed rates on a 7 day western on the Fantasy for 8/31 veranda GTY for $1035. I am signing up for that week vacation next year in hopes of booking late when they roll out the guarentee rates. Hope we both get lucky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom