Booking Question

darrenandmelissa

Now that 2018 dates have opened up we are looking at booking our first Disney trip.

Since this is our first trip we will be staying on site and spending the majority of time in the Disney parks.

I enjoy the planning and research side of vacations so I will want as much control as I can have over my activities.

Is the Disney site the best and safest way to book our room and tickets? Is there 3rd party sellers that I may not know about.

Do the prices on Disney website fluctuate like airline tickets or is the price I see today the same price I will see in a month.

If I book today and see a promotion in 3 months that will save my money am I able to call and get the promotion price.

DisAl

I have always booked through Disney either online or by calling them.
The published prices for rooms for each day for the whole year are listed if you can find your way to them. They are sometimes hard to find but they are there.
You have to look at the room prices by going to the "room only" pricing. Here is a link to Port Orleans Riverside that you can use to navigate to the price page:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/port-orleans-resort-riverside/rates-rooms/room-only/
Go to the link above, click on "Rate Details", then click on "View Seasonal Pricing" and you should get to the page where you can scroll though the months.
As you can see as you scroll through the months prices can vary from $206 to $296 per night for a standard view room depending on when you go, so if you are not restricted to certain dates you can save a lot of money by just carefully choosing when you go.
If you book now and a promotion such as free dining or discounted rooms comes along they will rebook you to take advantage of the promotion, but YOU HAVE TO ASK, it is not automatic.
Then make sure you book any dining reservations you want as soon as you can (180 days from when you arrive) and fastpasses 60 days out.
And finally, keep visiting WDWMAGIC on a regular basis and ask any questions you like. There is someone around who can answer just about any question you may have.

Upvote 0

Herdman

We always book our resort and ticket package through Small World Vacations. It's no cost to you and they will continually monitor all available discounts that might come along. I'm always afraid I'll miss one.

We then book all our dining reservations, FP+, etc.ourselves. I too love the planning aspect of a trip to Disney. The planning is part of the fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom