Booking Question

Megan Kelly

Original Poster
We are looking to book our third Disney cruise for May 2017. I have a few questions: I know the closer you can book to opening day, the cheaper it will be. But, we are sailing April 2016. Should we wait and book on board in April or book tomorrow on opening day (hopefully May will be included for early 2017 bookings!). What are your tips/tricks/recommendations for the best deal?

tmitch

I'm not a rich guy, but if you have the available funds, do both. If the same type of room is available for your future booking discount and will it's cheaper with the 10 percent off, book it and cancel your existing "regular" booking

Megan Kelly

Original Poster
That's not a bad idea...and you can cancel without any fee if you're outside of a certain number of days? Any idea if I can book two cabins while onboard, or am I limited to one?

tmitch

That's not a bad idea...and you can cancel without any fee if you're outside of a certain number of days? Any idea if I can book two cabins while onboard, or am I limited to one?
I'm not sure about the cabins. I know you can cancel for full refund outside of X amount of days. I would certainly think a year in advance you would be okay

ChuckElias

Should we wait and book on board in April or book tomorrow on opening day (hopefully May will be included for early 2017 bookings!).
Book it now and then when you sail in April, ask them to re-price it and see if it comes out less expensive with the 10% on-board discount and credit.

What are your tips/tricks/recommendations for the best deal?
Did I mention to book it now?

Also look for a Travel Professional who knows the Disney product and offers on-board credits. Kingdom Konsultants runs this website and they will give you details. I'm also a travel professional, but I try not to advertise that too much, since Kingdom Konsultants are gracious enough to let me post here! :)

Last edited:

ChuckElias

Ok, after re-reading your post, I think I totally misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that the price would be cheaper as you got closer to your sailing date. But you actually said "opening day", which I now think means the day the itineraries are released. So I just deleted the whole first paragraph of my previous post. Hope I didn't confuse anybody.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Book it now and then when you sail in April, ask them to re-price it and see if it comes out less expensive with the 10% on-board discount and credit.

Did I mention to book it now?

Also look for a Travel Professional who knows the Disney product and offers on-board credits. Kingdom Konsultants runs this website and they will give you details. I'm also a travel professional, but I try not to advertise that too much, since Kingdom Konsultants are gracious enough to let me post here! :)

It is worth nothing that if you looked at cruises in April and May for this year not long before sailing most of them were gone. For our DREAM cruise in May some family had decided to go with us about a month out and nothing was left besides a $10k suite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom