Booking Magical Express from Airport?

RachMac

Original Poster
Hi! Next year will be my first trip to Disney (I'm from UK), I've booked my resort etc but I haven't booked my flight yet as I'm waiting until nearer the time, so I'd just like to know how things work before I do :)

First of all do I have to pay for the magical express? It says it is part of my package when I booked so I assume so but not sure!

Secondly, is there a way I can book this online or do I have to ring up?

Finally, I've read that you have to leave your bags at the airport and they get delivered to your room a few hours later? This is a bit confusing as I've never had to do this before! Do I have to retrieve my own luggage and give it to the transportation people or do I just go straight from the plane to the pickup area? Sorry if these are daft questions!

NeverEnufDisney

Magical Express is free. Be sure to give your flight numbers to Disney. A few weeks prior to your flight you will receive what you need. If you tag your luggage with the yellow baggage tags, then it will go directly to your hotel with no need for you to pick it up. If you have a late flight, then you may wish to take it to the bus with you rather than wait for it to be delivered. If that is your choice do not put the yellow tags on and retrieve your luggage from the carousel and go to the bus. Please ask your questions. First time users should know exactly what to do to ease their minds and have the best experience.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Coming from the UK you'll have to pick up your bags to clear U.S. Customs. Unless you're flying out of Dublin or Shannon, where preclearance is available.

DME can be booked by calling United Kingdom Reservations: 0800 16 90 730

From their FAQ:

I am arriving from the United Kingdom, can I still use Disney’s Magical Express?
Yes. You check in as normal in the UK. Once you arrive at Orlando International Airport, you collect your bags as normal from the first collection point and then go through customs. You then put your bags back on the second conveyer. Follow the signs through to the DME desk and show your DME passes. You will then be assigned to a queue for your bus which will take you to your resort.
Your bags will be delivered to your room.

RachMac

Original Poster
Coming from the UK you'll have to pick up your bags to clear U.S. Customs. Unless you're flying out of Dublin or Shannon, where preclearance is available.

DME can be booked by calling United Kingdom Reservations: 0800 16 90 730

From their FAQ:

I am arriving from the United Kingdom, can I still use Disney’s Magical Express?
Yes. You check in as normal in the UK. Once you arrive at Orlando International Airport, you collect your bags as normal from the first collection point and then go through customs. You then put your bags back on the second conveyer. Follow the signs through to the DME desk and show your DME passes. You will then be assigned to a queue for your bus which will take you to your resort.
Your bags will be delivered to your room.

Ah right I haven't actually seen that, thank you!!

RachMac

Original Poster
Magical Express is free. Be sure to give your flight numbers to Disney. A few weeks prior to your flight you will receive what you need. If you tag your luggage with the yellow baggage tags, then it will go directly to your hotel with no need for you to pick it up. If you have a late flight, then you may wish to take it to the bus with you rather than wait for it to be delivered. If that is your choice do not put the yellow tags on and retrieve your luggage from the carousel and go to the bus. Please ask your questions. First time users should know exactly what to do to ease their minds and have the best experience.

My plane lands at 2pm at Orlando! Does this mean I have to put Yellow tags on or may I take my luggage with me on the bus if I wish?

SW_matt

My plane lands at 2pm at Orlando! Does this mean I have to put Yellow tags on or may I take my luggage with me on the bus if I wish?

We visit from the UK, Disney won't send you the yellow tags out because as previously mentioned you need to take your bags through customs due to it being an international flight. You will pick your bags up from the baggage claim, go up to the DME area and you will be designated a bus. The driver will then load your bags into the bottom of the bus and then unload them for you when you arrive at your resort and you take them with you to your room once you have checked in (or bell series will help you to your room if you need.

Hope this helps

RachMac

Original Poster
We visit from the UK, Disney won't send you the yellow tags out because as previously mentioned you need to take your bags through customs due to it being an international flight. You will pick your bags up from the baggage claim, go up to the DME area and you will be designated a bus. The driver will then load your bags into the bottom of the bus and then unload them for you when you arrive at your resort and you take them with you to your room once you have checked in (or bell series will help you to your room if you need.

Hope this helps

Thank you that helped massively!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom