Booking for Hoop-Dee-Doo

sbkline

Original Poster
I was reading some of the 2011 Unofficial Guide today, and I read that the Hoop-Dee-Doo actually has to be prepaid in full at the time of booking, as opposed to simply holding the ressie under a credit card. We have a trip hoped/planned for this coming April, and if I counted correctly, my 180 day mark for ADRs will be two weeks from today, October 6. There is another couple whom we are planning to meet up with and I'm waiting to hear back from them regarding which, if any, ressies to book together, and I was hoping Hoop-Dee-Doo would be one of them.

My question is, aside from simply prepaying all 5 of us (the two of them, my wife and I and our son), and then having them pay us back (and I really don't want to do it that way), how should we go about booking a ressie for 5 when there are two seperate parties, who live in two different states and can't be on the phone line together to make the ressie together? Would I be allowed to book it for 5, let them know that we are two seperate parties and just prepay OUR part of it? Or could we each make our own ADR and then just sit together? Having never done the show before, I don't know how the seating works. Would it be possible to just meet at the door and walk in together and sit at one table? Or do they have tables for two, tables for 6, etc?

JonBoy

We had a wonderful night at Hoop De Doo back in August and our reservation was simply held by our credit card and we paid on the night using the ddp!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think there's two ways to get this done. The first is to call as you said, and ask for two separate tables. The credit card could be used to hold the reservation (which can be canceled up to 48 hours before without penalty), and then you can either use that credit card when you pick up the tickets at check-in, or each family can cover their own.

The other way would be to ask for a table of 5 (I believe they have round tables large enough to accomodate that number, and then pay for everything up front and have the other family reimburse you. Either way enjoy yourselves at the HDDR. :)

GOT2SAMMIES

We have the DDP and when I made the reservations for HHDR for Nov and all I had to do was give them a cc to hold the reservation. They have not charged my card yet. I am not sure if they charge your card when you dont have the DDP. I would think they would charge it the day of when you pick your tickets up. Have fun!

sbkline

Original Poster
We have the DDP and when I made the reservations for HHDR for Nov and all I had to do was give them a cc to hold the reservation. They have not charged my card yet. I am not sure if they charge your card when you dont have the DDP. I would think they would charge it the day of when you pick your tickets up. Have fun!

We're doing the dining plan, but I just know what I read in the Unofficial Guide. He said pretty clearly that you have to pay in full at the time of booking. Of course, he could be wrong, as indicated by the fact that I have had more than one person here say that they just had to give a credit card number to hold the ADR. If I don't have to actually prepay when booking, that may make it easier for sure, though.

NYwdwfan

Keep in mind DDP is only for category 2 & 3 (back of floor and mezzanine level) - if you want to sit up front you can only use DDP for the 9-ish show (I think!). We always pay for cat 1 at the 5-ish show and use the extra dining credit for a signature sometime during the trip (just a suggestion).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom