Booking a room rental from friends points

Tom Lucca

Original Poster
Hi, a friend of ours is selling us points for a studio room, we are looking to get disney beach club villas. The room only holds 4 people, there are five of us, 2 adults, three kids, 7 year old and 2 five year old twins (identical). Would we have a problem putting five of us in the room, and would the resort give us a hard time? Our friend doesnt seem to think its a problem (we would use a blow up bed), but Im nervous that the resort would see 5 people in the room. any thoughts? I know we could stay at a resort that has 5 people for the studio but we really want beach club. thanks in advance for the advice :)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Hi, a friend of ours is selling us points for a studio room, we are looking to get disney beach club villas. The room only holds 4 people, there are five of us, 2 adults, three kids, 7 year old and 2 five year old twins (identical). Would we have a problem putting five of us in the room, and would the resort give us a hard time? Our friend doesnt seem to think its a problem (we would use a blow up bed), but Im nervous that the resort would see 5 people in the room. any thoughts? I know we could stay at a resort that has 5 people for the studio but we really want beach club. thanks in advance for the advice :)
Yes, Disney would have a problem with it. First off, you could not get MBs for everyone, as they will only give you the max number of people that the room will hold. The only time you can have 5 is if you have one person under 3. If you tell them that you have 5, they won't even make the reservation.

Tom Lucca

Original Poster
But what if we were getting magic bands and tickets on our own? The only reason I am asking is that we stayed at Port Orleans last year in a standard room for 4, and used the blow up bed for our fifth. The hotel didnt say anything about it. I think wilderness lodge allows 5 in room so i guess that is a possibility. Thanks again for the advice.

JaxFLBear

BCV studios currently allow for 4 plus one under the age of 3. A refurbishment just started at BCV that will add a pull down bed to the Studios, but that refurbishment is not slated to be completed until late summer 2016.

Since you can't (currently) have 5 over the age of 3 listed on a reservation for a studio at BCV, your only option (for a BCV studio) would be to leave one person off the reservation. That 5th person would not be able to use DME nor would they be able to take advantage of EMH.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
But what if we were getting magic bands and tickets on our own? The only reason I am asking is that we stayed at Port Orleans last year in a standard room for 4, and used the blow up bed for our fifth. The hotel didnt say anything about it. I think wilderness lodge allows 5 in room so i guess that is a possibility. Thanks again for the advice.
Which part of Port Orleans did you stay at?

Lynne M

Disney keeps making it harder and harder to get away with this. DME and EMH will be off limits to you, and you may have issues getting into the pool area - Stormalong Bay is gated and magic bands that are coded to the resort are required for entry. Yeah, you'll save some money, but I don't think it's worth the hassle and risk. Especially when booking on someone else's membership.

BCV does allow 5 in a one-bedroom villa when booked on points. You'll at least have livable space. That many people crammed into a studio that was, IMO, designed for singles or couples would be unbearably tight.

Phonedave

And, if Disney does catch you with 5 in a room, they will require you to correct the situation. In other words, book an other room.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom