Booked at Port Orleans French Quarter - POOL VIEW...

sweetpea904

Original Poster
Which building is better for a pool view? Building 4 or 5? We usually request the first floor but I am thinking I may request a 2nd floor room this time to see the pool, river and grounds better. We have planned, booked (and paid in FULL thanks to my tax refund,lol) and are SUPER ready for our 7 day vacation the 1st week in June. We stayed at POR back in July 2012 and LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any tips and/or suggestions for this resort you may have are welcomed!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!

LucyK

I always request building 4, ground floor, closest to the bust stop as possible.

Here's a map of POFQ:
Port-Orleans-FQ-Map-Clean.gif

I don't believe building 4 offers pool view rooms though, unless you're satisfied with a partial view. Your best options are building 5 or 2 and between those two I'd request building 5, which is closer to the bus stop.

sweetpea904

Original Poster
Oops, I meant to ask about building 2 and 5. I already booked and paid for a pool view so we are close to the pool, dining, store, bus stop and water taxi. I wasn't sure if anyone had stayed in 2 and/or 5 before. I was just seeing which was the best view of everything. I am leaning towards requesting building 5 on the second level. Did you enjoy your stay when you went? I have heard nothing but WONDERFUL reviews of the resorts. I am thrilled, I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

jprieur

Building 4 all the way, we had a corner room (4335) to be exact and it was perfect. Straight down the stairs to the bus stop (30 seconds) and less than a minute to the food court.

sweetpea904

Original Poster
Building 4 all the way, we had a corner room (4335) to be exact and it was perfect. Straight down the stairs to the bus stop (30 seconds) and less than a minute to the food court.

I already booked and paid for a pool view so I will either have a choice between building 2 or 5. Even though building 4 looks like a great location and is very close to everything, it does not offer a pool view. I appreciate your feedback though. Did you enjoy your stay at the resort as a whole?

jprieur

Loved it. Even though I was born and raised in New Orleans, I thouroughly enjoyed the theming and feel and found it very authentic, right down to the oak and magnolia trees. The best part about the resort is the intimate size, you are never far from anything and the single bus stop is nice as well since you don't have to wait while you run through the other stops. We never once waited for more than 15 minutes for a bus and there was always enough capacity for those waiting.

We only tried the food court once while we waiting on our room at check in, so can't really comment on that. We did do the boat ride to Downtown Disney which was FAR better than the buses. We did walk down the river one night to boatwrights for a sit down meal, which was ok food wise, but the walk down the river was very nice and only about 10 min tops.

Hands down my favorite resort thus far, based on themeing and size - the other Mods, while pleasing in their own right, are just too large and spread out. After a full day in a spread out, walk a marathon theme park, its nice to have the small feel.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
We had building 2 one of our stays and requested the 2nd floor only because although we wanted to be close to the pool \ river we didn't necessarily want all the foot traffic you may get from being on the lower level.

You're going to love the resort.

It's the only resort we've stayed at multiple times (I think 6). My only tip is: beignets!

draybook

We have stayed at FQ twice. The first time was in building 4, in the middle building. Last September we got building 5, the top building but facing the grassy area. You could still see the river if you stepped out of the door and it was a quick shuffle to the pool and dining area.

Bethypoo

I stayed in building 2 of POFQ in a corner room on the second floor. I loved the location. It was near the ferry and the pool. I walked to POR (a very nice walk along the water) and ate at Boatwright's after catching Yeehaw Bob's performance. I love the hotel and will certainly stay again. Enjoy your trip!

LucyK

Oops, I meant to ask about building 2 and 5. I already booked and paid for a pool view so we are close to the pool, dining, store, bus stop and water taxi. I wasn't sure if anyone had stayed in 2 and/or 5 before. I was just seeing which was the best view of everything. I am leaning towards requesting building 5 on the second level. Did you enjoy your stay when you went? I have heard nothing but WONDERFUL reviews of the resorts. I am thrilled, I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVED my stay at POFQ so much that I refuse to stay at other moderate resorts, even if I was offered a discount! The place is perfect, compact enough and very quiet and lovely once it's dark. Bus service was great but my favorite POFQ feature is the boat to Downtown Disney, such a great perk to have.

jaklgreen

You can't go wrong with any room at POFQ. The resort is so small that even the farthest room is pretty close. I never pay for an upgraded room and 3 times we were put I building 2 over looking the pool and once in building 4 facing the pool way. I love that resort and like the quiet out of the way rooms better then the ones by the pool.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I've stayed in most buildings at the FC as we were there when that resort opened and we also Grand Opened Dixie Landings (POR now.)

I agree with the second floor. The only thing I did not like about pool views at FC is the buildings are indeed very close to the pool. In the busy seasons when the parks are open later the pool can be noisy late at night and the noise does drift to the rooms.

I have not kept up with the closing times that were being implemented by Disney of their Main Pools and how or if hours are extended during busier times? Anyone have an update on that?

rnese

I will be staying at the POFQ for the first time. I've been to Boardwalk, Poly, and Contemporary. Because of the current status of finances, we've had to take our noses out of the air and move to a Moderate for this year's trip. From what I've heard, this is considered the best of the Moderates for many. I chose Port Orleans over Riverside for one reason. I've heard that in June. the buses for FQ are less crowded AND FQ gets it's own bus, instead of sharing with Riverside at the peak times (Park open/closing) I hope that's the case. Anyway, the only thing they had left was "Riverview" rooms. I requested building #2 or #5 for the simple fact that they appear to be closer to the pool. I hope this is the case. Can anyone confirm these concerns for me?

Dog Ate Mouse

Honestly it really depends on what you are looking for. If you are a little like me it's all about the view and surroundings. I love to look at the river and the pool as well so building 2 or 5 will be your best bet. Now if you are concerned about getting to transportation then as suggested then building 4. POFQ is much smaller so walking a tad more is not really a big deal. This would be a big deal if you were staying at The Coranado which could be a decent walk depending where they place you. PORFQ is smaller, clean, quaint and the view you are looking for is extremely relaxing. Nothing like waking up and seeing something that you don't always see and enjoy every day of your life. Go and enjoy your vacation, but most important of all, have a Magical day.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I will be staying at the POFQ for the first time. I've been to Boardwalk, Poly, and Contemporary. Because of the current status of finances, we've had to take our noses out of the air and move to a Moderate for this year's trip. From what I've heard, this is considered the best of the Moderates for many. I chose Port Orleans over Riverside for one reason. I've heard that in June. the buses for FQ are less crowded AND FQ gets it's own bus, instead of sharing with Riverside at the peak times (Park open/closing) I hope that's the case. Anyway, the only thing they had left was "Riverview" rooms. I requested building #2 or #5 for the simple fact that they appear to be closer to the pool. I hope this is the case. Can anyone confirm these concerns for me?
We stayed at POFQ last June and the only time we shared a bus with POR was DTD (water taxi closed due to weather .) It was always direct service to/from the parks.

Yes #2 and #5 are close to the pool but the resort is so compact that a walk to the pool from any building is quick. We had a river view in #6 and were pleased with our location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom