Book Recommendation

DPN

Can anybody recommend a good trip planning book? This will be our 6th trip to WDW but by no means are we experts. Looking for something maybe with some park history as well. Thanks!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2017. Best book around with little tidbits of honest opinions etc and such and it's huge. Usually around 400pgs. ;)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

You're very welcome! Happy reading! Even though I'm a Disney veteran I enjoy this guide book. ;)

I get the new edition every year even though the majority of it is the same, I can't help myself. Its a great buy and flipping through it seems to help pass the non Disney days. Oh... and it gives me something to approach DW with and say... Did you see this???? We should be booking something. Siggggh, sometimes its worked. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

DPN

Original Poster
I get the new edition every year even though the majority of it is the same, I can't help myself. Its a great buy and flipping through it seems to help pass the non Disney days. Oh... and it gives me something to approach DW with and say... Did you see this???? We should be booking something. Siggggh, sometimes its worked. :rolleyes:

Ah yes, "Pass the non Disney days" that's what I'm looking for most. Seems so far away!!!

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

We like The Complete Walt Disney World by Julie & Mike Neal (Keen/Coconut Press)...Even though we've been there 7 time, with the next trip this November, there's nothing like opening the book in our Christmas stocking!

Upvote 0

Grumpy06

Can anybody recommend a good trip planning book? This will be our 6th trip to WDW but by no means are we experts. Looking for something maybe with some park history as well. Thanks!
We buy every year Birnbaum's Walt Disney World and also Passporters Walt Disney World
Both are very helpful and full of good info at a glance

Upvote 0

DisAl

For our last trip I purchased "The Unofficial Guide to Disney World" by Bob Sehlinger. Our daughter purchased the "Birmbaum's 2016 Walt Disney World: The Official Guide". She also purchased "Birnbaum's 2016 Walt Disney World for Kids: The Official Guide". Our then six year old granddaughter loved having a book of her own. The "Unofficial Guide" people also have a kids version.
Personally, I like the "Unofficial Guide" a little better, but both are good.
So far as online information I don't think you can beat www.Touringplans.com , If you subscribe to them they even have a section where you can see what the view is (an actual photo) from every Disney property room.
This last trip was somewhere around number 20 for us, we still buy a new guide for every trip and find them to be very helpful.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I love the Unofficial Guide. Even better, I love my touringplans subscription (the site is operated by the Unofficial Guide writers, and you get a discount on the already-inexpensive subscription price if you've bought the book). I can enter my trip information and get everything from weather reports to crowd and wait-time projections, etc., and can build personalized touring plans for my dates that not only help me save time in line, but alert me to any applicable refurbs, changes in park hours, etc. There are also some great tools on the site (e.g., dining reservation finder).

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

I haven't bought a book in around 6 years, but I'd say the Unofficial Guide is for hardcore planning and the Complete Guide is a good casual book. The Complete Guide had very beautiful pictures that would be good to get newbies or kids excited; the Unofficial Guide had no pictures other than the cover, but they did have a separate "color companion" book that may be a middle ground. I thought the Unofficial Guide was very much for someone who wanted to take their planning to the next level... I think it was literally 400+ pages into the book before they actually got to the part where they described the attractions in the parks. I really like Jim Hill, but I didn't need his anecdotes in a book that was already 800 pages. It's a very full book.

A different kind of guide would be the Passporter. Again, I haven't gotten one in almost a decade, but it was a good guidebook in front back then. The back is what makes it unique, though. It has pockets for little mementos and questions to fill out for each day of your trip. What was the funniest thing you saw today? What did you eat? etc. It really does help you remember things that you'd otherwise forget. I'm seriously considering getting one for our trip this fall, even though I don't need the guide part. You can also get them on Amazon, but here's their official site:
http://www.passporter.com/walt-disney-world-guidebook.php

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom