Boo to the new Magical Express Film

daisyduckie

I didn't like the new videos either. Why the heck did they feel the need to change them anyway? And if they had to replace them, why make the new versions boring and blah?

eliz603

They could have updated it, included safety information but still incorporated that old school Disney kitsch. I loved how the old video felt, well, old. Like the Disney feel I had when I was growing up.

I don't think I've ever had a video going back to the airport. I do know that I'm scarred for life after our last trip - my then 16 month old was NOT happy to be sitting on a bus for 45+ minutes, and we were doing everything in our power to keep him entertained. I gave him a chocolate chip cookie (just what I happened to grab!), and then he proceeded to wipe chocolate all over DH's shirt. What REALLY bothered me was the bus driver making comments like, "Guess someone's not happy to go home!" I mean, really benign comments, but when you are already embarrassed because the baby's not happy, and you're ready to pull out your hair (or cry in frustration for me), the driver calling attention to it was not welcome.

Figmentation

They could have updated it, included safety information but still incorporated that old school Disney kitsch. I loved how the old video felt, well, old. Like the Disney feel I had when I was growing up.

I don't think I've ever had a video going back to the airport. I do know that I'm scarred for life after our last trip - my then 16 month old was NOT happy to be sitting on a bus for 45+ minutes, and we were doing everything in our power to keep him entertained. I gave him a chocolate chip cookie (just what I happened to grab!), and then he proceeded to wipe chocolate all over DH's shirt. What REALLY bothered me was the bus driver making comments like, "Guess someone's not happy to go home!" I mean, really benign comments, but when you are already embarrassed because the baby's not happy, and you're ready to pull out your hair (or cry in frustration for me), the driver calling attention to it was not welcome.

Yeah I've always had the video going to and from the resort to the airport. The only time the video doesn't come on is when the sensors don't catch the bus. I've noticed that the driver doesn't start the video, it always starts after passing a certain part of the trip, usually right before getting onto the Florida turnpike going toward Lake Buena Vista

Cmdr_Crimson

Gus is absolutely not funny. He's the same guy who did the souvenir Epcot video a few years ago (as Professor Sci N. Tific). He was just as annoying in the video as he is on the bus video.

Just so you know....The guy who played Gus is a regular Streetmosphere performer at DHS and was a regular at The Adventurers Club...
percival_body.jpg
Emil_Sr..jpg

And also plays Ben Franklin on rare occasions at The American Adventure at Epcot..
CIMG9633.JPG

Ben_since_1971

Original Poster
Just so you know....The guy who played Gus is a regular Streetmosphere performer at DHS and was a regular at The Adventurers Club...
percival_body.jpg
Emil_Sr..jpg

And also plays Ben Franklin on rare occasions at The American Adventure at Epcot..
CIMG9633.JPG

I am sure he is a fine comedian/actor and can be funny. I just think Gus isn't.

CheshireCat12

I saw the new DME video and while I'm disappointed it was not cute like the old one, it seemed to be helpful information for those new guests or those who are unlike us and do not cruise WDW boards for info pre-trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom