Bonnet Creek Resort

montyz81

Original Poster
Can a Bonnet Creek Resort guest (or any other resort guest) use a previous Magicband to link up tickets? If not, is there a plan to allow non-Disney resort guests to take advantage of Magicband?

Tom

Beta Return
Can a Bonnet Creek Resort guest (or any other resort guest) use a previous Magicband to link up tickets? If not, is there a plan to allow non-Disney resort guests to take advantage of Magicband?

Yes, off-site guests can use Magic Bands with linked tickets. You're just limited to the rolling 30-day FP+ booking window, instead of the 60-day window that on-site guests get.

Any old Magic Bands you have will still work, as long as they're correctly linked to your MDE account.

montyz81

Original Poster
Yes, off-site guests can use Magic Bands with linked tickets. You're just limited to the rolling 30-day FP+ booking window, instead of the 60-day window that on-site guests get.

Any old Magic Bands you have will still work, as long as they're correctly linked to your MDE account.

so i can only book FP tickts 30 days before I arrive?

Rob562

so i can only book FP tickts 30 days before I arrive?

Yes, though a Band is not required for that. *Any* WDW ticket-holder who links their ticket to their MDE profile can make FP+ ahead of time whether they're on-site or off-site. The difference is strictly the window of time beforehand that you can make them (30 days offsite vs 60 days on-site).

-Rob

sjhym333

As others have said, you can reuse your MagicBand as long as there is a valid ticket attached to your MDE account. If you stay at a Disney Resort you can make FP reservations 60 days out. Everyone else gets 30 days. Bonnet Creek is not a Disney resort.

arko

Once a magic band is linked to your MDE account it is linked forever, and can be used any time you have ticket media linked to your MDE account regardless of whether you are staying at a Disney resort or not. The only difference you get by staying at a Disney resort is you get to choose your FP's 60 days out instead of 30.

EOD K9

You can also be staying on site and not have media yet and get your 60 day reservations. As long as you have your confirmation number linked, you are good to go.

wdwmomof3

I am so glad to read this. We stayed at Coronado Springs in Nov 2013 and we are returning to Disney this June, but we are staying at Bonnet Creek because there are more of us this time. I still have our Magic Banks, but I am just wondering if they will still work or should I order new ones? They said they will last two years but I don't know. Advice?

Rob562

I am so glad to read this. We stayed at Coronado Springs in Nov 2013 and we are returning to Disney this June, but we are staying at Bonnet Creek because there are more of us this time. I still have our Magic Banks, but I am just wondering if they will still work or should I order new ones? They said they will last two years but I don't know. Advice?

The only things that have a finite lifespan because of the internal battery are the long-range features like auto-linking on-ride photos and some yet-to-be-implemented experience customization features.

The Bands will work indefinitely for all touch-to-use features: Park entry, FP+, room key and room charge (if staying at a Disney hotel), Test Track design station, PhotoPass touch readers, etc. So if that's all you need them for, then you can re-use your old Bands just fine.

-Rob

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom