Bog dinner... Ready to cancel

Pghdrumr

Original Poster
I have a may 3 dinner reservation at 8:55pm. I am thinking about canceling it because I received a lunch fast pass, and would rather use the dinner credit at another restaurant Is this thinking wrong?? Is the dinner experience at bog different than the lunch ??

cw1982

I don't think it's wrong at all, depending on what your motives are lol.

The menu is different at lunch, so you may want to compare before you make up your mind.

Also, keep in mind that BoG is the only place at MK that serves alcohol, but it's only at dinner (in case that matters to you; I don't know your situation).

Also, it's not TS at lunch... I think they bring you your order, but it's not like dinner at a sit-down restaurant.

Having said that, I happened to snag dinner ADR's, but if not I would have been completely fine with my lunch FP+.

MickeyMomV

We had dinner reservations at BOG in October and it was an amazing meal. The ambiance was awesome too! I wouldn't change the reservation at all but that is just my opinion.

MissingDisney

We had a lunch fast pass and a dinner reservation spread out over the duration of our trip. Lunch was first and after that, we cancelled the dinner. The dinner menu was just not appealing to us and it seemed like a 'been there, done that' type of thing, except that dinner would cost us triple the cost of lunch we'd get to see the Beast. I can see the Beast in France for free.

Ember

We had a lunch fast pass and a dinner reservation spread out over the duration of our trip. Lunch was first and after that, we cancelled the dinner. The dinner menu was just not appealing to us and it seemed like a 'been there, done that' type of thing, except that dinner would cost us triple the cost of lunch we'd get to see the Beast. I can see the Beast in France for free.
We did the same thing. I liked the atmosphere at dinner, but haven't tried lunch yet and the menu is more appealing to us. Felt like doing dinner and lunch was too much plus we could book an ADR for dinner somewhere we haven't been before :)

RubyLee

I preferred dinner over lunch at BOG personally. The alcohol/food were phenomenal and I enjoyed the more relaxed atmosphere. There is definitely a focus on speed & efficiency at lunch (not necessarily a bag thing if you're eager to get back to rides!) but I liked the slower pace to enjoy a fancy meal!

copcarguyp71

Because of the venue and the interior ambiance being centered around an evening dining experience I personally would stick with dinner to get the most out of the themeing...just my take on it. I am a "details" guy and coming into the dining room from the bright sunlight and looking out the main atrium window where it is an evening scene with snow falling would just be a detraction. Sounds kinda dumb I guess but just one of my idiosyncrasies.

KLinder7

I had lunch and dinner during my last trip and honestly I enjoyed dinner better. If timing does not work for dinner, at least use the fast pass for lunch so you can get in BOG to see the sights...Another poster said Beast is in France which could be correct but I only saw Belle in her blue outfit in April there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom