Bob Iger's contract is extended

HMF

My opinion is that they should move quickly on the COO (or CEO if they find the right person) and quickly move to put Iger as Chairman only until 2019. That would keep Wall Street happy while also putting in fresh blood with some training wheels.
I would agree on the condition that the new COO actually be a creative or at least has respect for the creative process and not another MBA-type.

HMF

The people at Pixar, Lucasfilm and Marvel for one. Add to that many A-list talents returning to work for the company and animation's return to form and you have a good base for business. You may not like the way the parks are handled but this company is much more than rides and stage shows.
Last time I checked other than that 1 film Traditional Animation is still dead. John Lasseter has been reduced to making sequels which he was supposedly against back when he was brought on board in 2006. The "Creatives" at Lucasfilm have their heads so far up their own that they think it's OK to diss the Creative Genius who founded them's work and create a marketing campaign built on Fan Hatred for said Creative Genius and hire an un-original hack to direct Episode VII and have his openly hateful friend as "Special Adviser" and Marvel should never have been anywhere near The Walt Disney Company's radar.

Last edited:

HMF

What are you talking about?? The merchandise gold these movies create make for piles of cash, and generate popularity for our beloved parks. I don't find it to be a coincidence that the parks are at the height of their popularity at the same time Marvel Disney and co are hitting their stride.
Oh yes, Remember back on the Disneyland TV Show in 1954 when Walt said "The primary purpose of any of the fine arts is to move merchandise".

yeti

Last time I checked other than that 1 film Traditional Animation is still dead. John Lasseter has been reduced to making sequels which he was supposedly against back when he was brought on board in 2006. The "Creatives" at Lucasfilm have their heads so far up their own *** that they think it's OK to diss the Creative Genius who founded them's work and create a marketing campaign built on Fan Hatred for said Creative Genius and Marvel should never have been anywhere near The Walt Disney Company's radar.
You mean hand-drawn animation? I agree with you there, but you can't deny that Disney's animated output recently has been stellar.
OP wasn't even referring to John Lasseter.
Lucasfilm has resurrected a franchise many thought had been destroyed by its Creative Genius...in fact if anything the current creatives try their damnedest to redeem him.

Laketravis

So we're a little more than two years away from a new head of Disney. And they will be assuming their command in the midst of WDW's 50th anniversary with Bob providing a few hours of advice each month. Looking forward to seeing how all that pans out.............

HMF

I was referring to fans as well as the vast majority of folks who abhorred the prequels. Are you calling them all idiots?
In my opinion, Yes. The Force Awakens is living proof of the old adage that people don't want anything original. They want the same thing they have seen a thousand times before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom