Bob Iger said what???? Interesting Bloomberg article and some personal comments about myself.

NobodyElse

Sorry to hear that you're in the hospital. Hope you recover quickly.

I agree with the others; calling Disneyland the Magic Kingdom is perfectly fine.

Here's my quick take on the subject. Like others, I clearly remember (likely even before the Florida property was developed) hearing the spiel on the RR telling me to enjoy my grand circle tour of Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom. From that point until now, I always felt it was basically a descriptive sub-title.

But now that there's a distinct park called The Magic Kingdom, it seems silly to refer to Disneyland solely by the MK name. In that context, it seems unnecessary, it not incorrect.

So it rubs some people the wrong way. Others don't care. Much like life. (This from a kid who used to blatantly ask his friends if they wanted to go on "Monsanto".) ;)

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I find it interesting, like the Toy Story Mania! dynamic... And I was bored in a Hospital room and doing google searches for fun....

dweezil78

Speedy recovery Mr. Darkbeer!!!

On the MK thing, yeah gotta agree with the others... DL has always been the original MK!

MKC%2B10_1961_book_back.jpg

7dc96127c11808339c36501ed61551f3.png

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I find it interesting, like the Toy Story Mania! dynamic... And I was bored in a Hospital room and doing google searches for fun....

Aniother dynamic I find interesting to watch, why sometime my posts have "Original Poster" under my photo, and sometimes they don't.... even though I did have an account when the board started, but after losing contact until recently, having moved and changed e-mail addresses, had to add the "1" to my name and set up a second account to post about the Eastern Gateway project.

And i have not asked anybody from the board why it is happening, and don;t really care if it is there or not, just interesting to see it come and go...

SSG

Aniother dynamic I find interesting to watch, why sometime my posts have "Original Poster" under my photo, and sometimes they don't.... even though I did have an account when the board started, but after losing contact until recently, having moved and changed e-mail addresses, had to add the "1" to my name and set up a second account to post about the Eastern Gateway project.

And i have not asked anybody from the board why it is happening, and don;t really care if it is there or not, just interesting to see it come and go...
I think that means you made the first post in a new thread. Like this one.

NobodyElse

Guess it also means I am a dummy, and can't blame it on my Happy Pills... Thanks for letting me know I was on the wrong track of thinking :)

That's okay. It puts you in the company of "WDW1974", who thought he was perhaps being spied upon by nefarious forces because a red number was appearing on his browser tab. He later found out it was a notification feature letting him know people were commenting on his posts. :)

Pixie VaVoom

Hi there Darkbeer1 - sending you good thoughts and well wishes. Allow me to offer you some encouragement...I have a close friend at work (an extreme Disney fan BTW - even has an all Disney decorated tree at Christmas!! ) who has TWICE had a foot or so of intestines removed, in the past 8-10 years. Recurring issue - bless her. Painful at the time but things can work out well - She still able to do a "Disney run-amok trip" several times a year.

Just PLEASE follow your doctors orders re: foods and activity. When my friend follows the doctors orders, then within 4-6 weeks or so, she is back up and tearing around like it was the "Mad Hatters Teaparty". Best wishes for your speedy recovery.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Once again, thanks for well wishes, here I sit (but stand up on occasion to move around) waiting to pass gas, aka rip a good one before they move to the next step, also waiting for the biospy results, the doctor was fairly sure she got everything. Pain is minimal, but on mild Happy Pills (I got one Morphine shot and slept right after that). Also had some nerve blocks after surgery so that might wear off... but so far it is going very well to plan, I just want to fart so I can start eating!!!

And that makes me bored, and posting helps keep my mind of my stomach.... ;)

Pixie VaVoom

Once again, thanks for well wishes, here I sit (but stand up on occasion to move around) waiting to pass gas, aka rip a good one before they move to the next step, also waiting for the biospy results, the doctor was fairly sure she got everything. Pain is minimal, but on mild Happy Pills (I got one Morphine shot and slept right after that). Also had some nerve blocks after surgery so that might wear off... but so far it is going very well to plan, I just want to fart so I can start eating!!!

And that makes me bored, and posting helps keep my mind of my stomach.... ;)

Well, "it's an ill WIND that blows no one any good" !! Maybe try netflix of the "Wind in the Willows" - Sorry - irresistable.

VJ

That's okay. It puts you in the company of "WDW1974", who thought he was perhaps being spied upon by nefarious forces because a red number was appearing on his browser tab. He later found out it was a notification feature letting him know people were commenting on his posts. :)
Still one of the laugh-out-loud funniest things I've ever borne witness to on this forum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom