Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

CaptainAmerica

I am trying to temper any rising enthusiasm by reciting "be realistic, this is WDW" over and over in my head.
Forget that. All aboard the HYPE TRAIN!

vKgAubZ.gif

MerlinTheGoat

Iger and the BoD isn't at WDW to simply approve TSPL.
One would hope, but they may be at WDW to see how little money they can get away with investing in the park. Toy Story Playland was among the rumored additions a while back, I would be surprised if that isn't part of the plans at least (unfortunately). The question is what else is included and how big the budget is.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
You're right. The Board does't hammer out the budget, they approve it. And as far as what I know about the budget. It will in fact be larger than DCA's redo when all is said and done. First they need to greatly increase the caring capacity of the park before they drop in Star Wars Land. You can't drop a major expansion for an IP like Star wars into a park with 5 rides.

Yes, it will be larger when all is said and done. Whatever they wind up calling this park, it will be getting a revamped entrance and, likely, multiple parking structures (one for cast, one for Guests). And, of course, additional new Pixar and Star Wars themed attractions, entertainment, retail and dining.

But again, this will be spread out over many years. I very much doubt all of this will wrap before 2021 at the earliest.

This is Disney, not UNI. Snails move faster ... Dead snails on a plate move faster!

Last edited:

WDWdream97

I was starting to believe they would just let DHS decay to the point where they can just pretend there have "always been just 3 parks": MK, EC & DAK.

gmajew

Premium Member
Yes, it will be larger when all is said and done. Whatever they wind up calling this park, it will be getting a revamped entrance and, likely, multiple parking structures (one for cast, one for Guests). And, of course, additional new Pixar and Star Wars themed attractions, entertainment, retail and dining.

But again, this will be spread out of many years. I very much doubt all of this will wrap before 2021 at the earliest.
This is Disney, not UNI. Snails move faster ... Dead snails on a plate move faster!

Maybe they will speed up the project... With so much of the area not in use maybe it will go a little faster. If the plans are actually done. If plans are done and they just need the approval then maybe it is a 36 month build out for part of the land.

I don't think this park can handle anything short of a quick build to open something in the next 36 months...

jt04

Maybe they will speed up the project... With so much of the area not in use maybe it will go a little faster. If the plans are actually done. If plans are done and they just need the approval then maybe it is a 36 month build out for part of the land.

I don't think this park can handle anything short of a quick build to open something in the next 36 months...

Yes. Seems they learned from the logistical difficulties they encountered with DCA 2.0.

If (big if) that is the plan.

Oh wait, this is a spirited thread. Must leave. Adios.

PS- Bob Iger will never have to pay for housing because he lives in a certain spirits head rent free. ;)

WDW1974

Original Poster
So Spirit you don't think there will be any kind of announcement? Or maybe they leak it? Seems to me like a great opportunity to get Star Wars buzz out and going. Try to steal some JW thunder.

Absolutely none. You almost certainly won't see any evidence in the press that he's even in town or that the BoD are meeting at WDW. And we all know how photo shy Bob Iger is anyway.

D23 will have either major announcements or major teases and minor announcements regarding what is being approved. I really don't know which, but am hoping for the first.

Of course, they are actually building Pandora now and we don't have an actual announcement on what is being built ... and Shanghai Disneyland is a year from opening (or less now) and no one would know what was going in beyond a handful of items if some Spirit hadn't leaked the entire opening planning menu.

But I just don't see how Iger can get away with teasing the fanbois any longer ... so, yeah, I do expect D23 to offer some major announcements.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

But again, this will be spread out of many years. I very much doubt all of this will wrap before 2021 at the earliest.

Don't you mean START by 2021, That way Iger can announce a HUGE budget while not spending ANY cash on his watch. Or unload WDW on Prince Alaweed or a hedge fund for a huge chunk o' cash.

SYRIK2000

Absolutely none. You almost certainly won't see any evidence in the press that he's even in town or that the BoD are meeting at WDW. And we all know ho photo shy Bob Iger is anyway.

D23 will have either major announcements or major teases and minor announcements regarding what is being approved. I really don't know which, but am hoping for the first.

Of course, they are actually building Pandora now and we don't have an actual announcement on what is being built ... and Shanghai Disneyland is a year from opening (or less now) and no one would know what was going in beyond a handful of items if some Spirit hadn't leaked the entire opening planning menu.

But I just don't see how Iger can get away with teasing the fanbois any longer ... so, yeah, I do expect D23 to offer some major announcements.

Good point!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Absolutely none. You almost certainly won't see any evidence in the press that he's even in town or that the BoD are meeting at WDW. And we all know ho photo shy Bob Iger is anyway.

Sure he can the fanboi's are so gullable...

HauntedMansionFLA

Passive aggressive BS shot on me because I know FOR A FACT and wrote about it years ago that the BoD met aat WDW to consider selling off a stake in P&R and even toured groups of foreign investors. ... That poster is one of a small minority of vocal critics of mine who can't quit me. So ... that's what he was actually attempting to put out.
Sometimes, you'd think he never got over his CP when he was Part of the MAGIC of The Walt Disney Company!
The parks that Disney doesn't have a majority ownership of overseas look pretty impressive. Maybe Comcast would want to buy up the parks. It's a business. General Electric just sold off its appliance division.

PhotoDave219

One would hope....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom