Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Nemo14

POI I was there, and "rode" IASW at the 1964 World's Fair, and do not remember buying tickets for any specific attraction. Of course, I was only 13 - but I know that I would have remembered any "additional" per ride costs, as I would have had to ask my parents for the money.
I agree. I rode it there too and I do not remember any surcharge for that.

Edit: Just looked it up and it does say that there was a 95 cent charge for adults and 60 cents for kids. I really don't remember there being a charge like I said, but apparently there was one.

One other thing concerning the whole Pepsi thing. We always called it the Pepsi Pavillion, and never called it It's a small World until it moved into DL.

Last edited:

Mike S

Gringrinngghost

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the new Transformers ride at Uni the same ride system, vehicle, and layout as the Spiderman ride less than a mile away at IoA? (I haven't ridden transformers yet so I can't speak first hand but have seen enough pictures to see similarities) I haven't heard anyone complain about it being the same ride system/ride just with a different skin.

Any Indy ride would be great, even if it is a "clone" of Paris.
That's due to the fact, even though they are the same exact cars. Transformers is a true 2 story attraction with the big dome rooms as the lifts.

BrerJon

Just thinking more about One Man's Dream and it occurred to me...has there ever been an animatronic of Walt Disney himself?

Not an animatronic, but you can get your picture taken with a very lifelike Walt at Madame Tussaud's Orlando on International Drive.

maxresdefault.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I work for a silicon valley company and one thing that you ALWAYS look for is HOW the company spends it's money when seeking a partner for some endeavor you cannot execute on your own. Companies posting GREAT numbers yet embarking on mass layoffs and cost cutting measures are highly suspect as at least in the tech sectors are seen (and have a history of in the 'Valley) as about to blow up and doubly so when it happens in their most profitable divisions.

Look at the layoffs at P&R and ESPN - huge numbers and in ESPN's case not renewing the contracts of popular on-air personalities. At least in MY industry stuff like this is a giant red flag.
I've been out of the loop a little lately so I must have missed the stories about mass layoffs for parks and ESPN. Last news on layoffs I remember was 35 IT jobs that was later reversed.

Seems a little odd that the board would approve spending more than $3B on WDW if the ship was actually sinking.

Phil12

POI I was there, and "rode" IASW at the 1964 World's Fair, and do not remember buying tickets for any specific attraction. Of course, I was only 13 - but I know that I would have remembered any "additional" per ride costs, as I would have had to ask my parents for the money.
Here's a photo of the ticket booth at the 1964 World's Fair at IASW. If you enlarge the photo you'll see the admission price was $0.95 for adults and $0.60 for children.
WFW665993LARGE.jpg

And in whimsical fashion it was called a "Passport Booth".

Last edited:

NearTheEars

ULPO46

I've been out of the loop a little lately so I must have missed the stories about mass layoffs for parks and ESPN. Last news on layoffs I remember was 35 IT jobs that was later reversed.

Seems a little odd that the board would approve spending more than $3B on WDW if the ship was actually sinking.
The ship in no means is going under disney has over 100 billion dollars in assets. Its just certain divisions that are becoming a little red flagish. The only reason why the media threw out the IT stuff was because of outsourcing and the highly controversial work visas. But there are countless layoffs at ESPN a few at ABC Television Studios and oddly about 100 at Consumer products. Try asking questions and you get dirty looks from the supervisors. I get that this is corporate america and i did have to do layoff scenarios in collegw for my degree, but when a company is doing great at some of these divisions it doesnt make sense why people would be fired for the Corporate heads bad decisions. Remeber when John Carter flopped how many people were fired at the WDS. Yet the CEO had a safe chair. I understand that money making is important but firing people during the holiday seasons is never fun. Its a shame reading some of my fellow collegues LinkedIn postings to move elsewhere in the greater LA region. Restructuring may be healthy but its ot healthy for the heads of this company to get higher wages while they keep firing honest hard workibg american men and women. Thats what disillusions me and a few of the greenhorns around here.

NearTheEars

I sincerely doubt how else the show writers could easily and quickly explain the sudden appearance of Frozen characters in Old Hollywood...

I don't even really remember what the reason was for their visit per the story. I guess it's not much different than a visit by Kate and William ... If they had a time machine

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom