Boat Rental, Carriage Ride, and Dining

Raegansmommy

I am planning our December trip and it looks like we are going to be able to get an earlier flight than last year, which means we will have a whole extra afternoon that we were not planning. We are thinking about doing a Boat Rental, but it looks like there are many options here. We would rent the Boston Whaler 15 MTK, but I'm unclear as to where exactly this boat departs from. Do all of the Marina's have the same boats?

Next question, has anyone done the Port Orleans Carriage Ride? We have done the Carriage Ride at Ft. Wilderness before during the Christmas season and it is nice to go back and see all the RV's and campers decorated for Christmas. How is the Carriage Ride at Port Orleans?

Third question, my plan is to do the boat rental first, then dinner, then the carriage ride (if possible). Where would you recommend dining that would be close to either of these?

Also, we are staying at Caribbean Beach.

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

Hi OP: I can only answer the question about POR carriage rides. My husband and I did this last year and loved it. Apparently they have 2 different trips. One is to the French quarter on the Main Bldg side of the river. The other goes over the bridge and into the Mansion side where a gazebo is. I don't know if this one goes to French quarter or not. We took the one to French quarter and it was a beautiful, relaxing ride. We want to do it again but this time over the bridge to the Mansions. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Raegansmommy

Original Poster
Hi OP: I can only answer the question about POR carriage rides. My husband and I did this last year and loved it. Apparently they have 2 different trips. One is to the French quarter on the Main Bldg side of the river. The other goes over the bridge and into the Mansion side where a gazebo is. I don't know if this one goes to French quarter or not. We took the one to French quarter and it was a beautiful, relaxing ride. We want to do it again but this time over the bridge to the Mansions. Hope this helps.

Thank you! Did you get to choose which one, or they just took you on that path?

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

Thank you! Did you get to choose which one, or they just took you on that path?

The driver determined which one, but we didn't know there were 2 to choose from. We only found out when the driver said that the other driver took a couple on the Mansion side because there was a gazebo and the groom to be was going to propose to his fiancé in the gazebo. So, they decided among themselves that the gazebo ride was the best and most romantic for the couple. We were very happy with the French quarter ride. I don't really think you get to choose, but you can try, I don't think they would mind. It's great!

Upvote 0

21stamps

Most of the marinas have the same boats.. Poly has 2 new shiny Elements in addition the the Whalers.

Fair warning- don't let your heart break a little when you drive that shiny new boat and find out it is modified to go 0.00000025 miles per hour. Such a shame :(
Still fun though!!!

If you do the rental on the seven seas Lagoon there are several interesting sights!

We did a carriage ride at POFQ 2 years ago. It was pretty. You can also do the carriage ride at FW again if you stay in the MK area for dinner, this is what I would recommend based on your plans.. unless you want to change before dinner.

Upvote 0

Raegansmommy

Original Poster
The driver determined which one, but we didn't know there were 2 to choose from. We only found out when the driver said that the other driver took a couple on the Mansion side because there was a gazebo and the groom to be was going to propose to his fiancé in the gazebo. So, they decided among themselves that the gazebo ride was the best and most romantic for the couple. We were very happy with the French quarter ride. I don't really think you get to choose, but you can try, I don't think they would mind. It's great!

I see. The response. The photo they show online looks like it would be a really pretty ride. We have always done the FW one at night.

Upvote 0

Raegansmommy

Original Poster
Most of the marinas have the same boats.. Poly has 2 new shiny Elements in addition the the Whalers.

Fair warning- don't let your heart break a little when you drive that shiny new boat and find out it is modified to go 0.00000025 miles per hour. Such a shame :(
Still fun though!!!

If you do the rental on the seven seas Lagoon there are several interesting sights!

We did a carriage ride at POFQ 2 years ago. It was pretty. You can also do the carriage ride at FW again if you stay in the MK area for dinner, this is what I would recommend based on your plans.. unless you want to change before dinner.

Haha, yes, that is a shame.

I think the seven seas lagoon is where we wanted to do the rental, so I suppose I need to look into what marinas are there.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
You can rent from GF and also the Contemporary. Not sure exactly what water craft each has.

And you can get from 7 seas lagoon to bay Lake.

Upvote 0

The_Jobu

Still fun though!!!

What are some of the sights? Can you view the MK fireworks from the boat?

Upvote 0

21stamps

What are some of the sights? Can you view the MK fireworks from the boat?

No. The marinas close at 5pm.

Here’s a few sights, including the pirate shoe tree ;)

22CB2EB1-0888-49FB-9485-16CAAC8932F0.jpeg 6CF3D6D2-D6C5-4027-AE40-644738CE179C.jpeg 95F1758B-8667-43AA-84D0-C728A20267F2.jpeg 5E807AC3-691C-48F6-BA1B-67AD16A063A4.jpeg 18569403-5A85-4B8F-88C9-111381AA4552.jpeg B7835751-70EF-4382-B609-2F5575B6EEBA.jpeg 0C519CAE-37FE-4958-AC80-2909C38665A3.jpeg 09E50149-DE6E-4F87-99AE-1E5FB6F65D70.jpeg 63E44E09-F3D6-49E9-994F-B378226EEA92.jpeg E6840B59-B59B-4EF7-9CB3-67FBA57A0B30.jpeg

Upvote 0

The_Jobu

Upvote 0

21stamps

Thanks!

I am definitely considering this.

It’s one of the best values at Disney.

Here’s the actual Elements.. Poly was the only one that had them, not sure if that changed this year. But along with Poly, the Contemporary and GF both have Whalers and Sea Raycers too. I just wanted to try the new ones. They’re all slow.. so not too much of a difference.

F5421009-1DBE-46A7-A2A8-023611998390.jpeg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom