Boardwalk Villas

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Hello all. I am about to book a 1 bedroom villa at the Boardwalk for Feb 6-13th through DVCrentals. I am very excited. I have 2 questions:

1. I understand that most of the villas overlook the main pool area. I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with noise from the pool. My DD will be 2 years old and she needs to nap in the afternoon. I am just hoping that the noise won't be a factor.

2. If I am purchasing through DVCrentals can I get the dining plan?? If so, how?

Thanks for your help.

DizneyPryncess

We stayed at the villa's overlooking the main pool when our daughter was almost 2. I was worried about the same thing, since she took 2 hour naps in the afternoon. They do have afternoon activities going on at the pool, but that was only an issue if we had the deck door open. If it was closed, our daughter napped fine. We did bring a little portable white noise machine, but that's mainly because she always slept w/it on. I think you'll be fine. :)

You might also ask about getting a room with a view of the landscaping, or quiet pool. Those are sure to not be as loud.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
To add yes you can get the dining plan. The member you rent from has to add it for you and you have it pay in full at the time they book it for you. :)

mishel635

Not sure about noise at the Boardwalk as I've only stayed at Beach Club on property, but yes you can get the dining plan. Just email your contact from dvcrentals.com and they will send you a quote that you can then go online to pay. They said you had to let them know 30 days before your trip.

ABQ

You do have a couple things going in your favor, though many rooms overlook the pool, I've stayed in the Boardwalk villas on 4 occasions and actually never had a room over the pool. Also, average high temps last year in February were only in the 70's, not blistering hot, so though people will be in the pools, it won't be hundreds of people at once.

lcsrig

We will be there at the same time! Last time we stayed there, we had a nice parking lot view. But at night we could see the EPCOT fireworks!! Pretty quiet and lots of space. We left the balcony doors open sometimes because the weather was so nice!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
We stayed at the villa's overlooking the main pool when our daughter was almost 2. I was worried about the same thing, since she took 2 hour naps in the afternoon. They do have afternoon activities going on at the pool, but that was only an issue if we had the deck door open. If it was closed, our daughter napped fine. We did bring a little portable white noise machine, but that's mainly because she always slept w/it on. I think you'll be fine. :)

You might also ask about getting a room with a view of the landscaping, or quiet pool. Those are sure to not be as loud.

Do you know what kind of coffee maker is in the room? I am staying there next week and I just thought of this now!! I didn't know if they supply coffee and filters or if I need to bring my own filters and coffee... Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

iluvMainStMagic

We haven't stayed at the BWVillas, but we have stayed at most of the Value & Moderate resorts, and they did provide coffee makers & coffee pods. If they provide them there, it certainly seems they would provide them for the Villas. We picked up some napkins, plastic utensils & cream/sugar packets at the food court - I can't remember if they provide cream or sugar, but I like sort of a lot, so I got extras. Also, I found that Mousekeeping will restock them each day when they come in, at least for regular rooms - I'm not sure what they do for Villas (if they don't come in daily, maybe there are more there to start with? or are available on request?).

However, if you like a particular blend or flavor of coffee, and if it's not too much trouble to pack, you could always bring your favorite. The pods were a little strong for my personal taste, but they are probably packaged for the majority.

Last edited:

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
All Villas come with a full size coffee pot (not the small four-cup units used in moderates and deluxe rooms) You will have a supply of Joffery's coffee but if you drink coffee every day or multiple times during the day, the supply will not cover you until your fourth day (trash and towel service) when they bring you more coffee. You can either bring your own or call the desk for more.

I have gone before and there been filters in in the cabinet but they were left from a previous owner/renter. Safe bet is to bring your own coffee and filters and then do as I do, leave the remainder for the next guest;)

Since someone else mentioned it, please remember your room is not serviced everyday when you are in a Villas on points (unless you request and pay extra at check-in). On your fourth day, (third day after check-in) Mousekeeping will come to your room and bring fresh towels, H2O products and some J-coffee and grab your trash. On your seventh day (sixth day after the day you check-in), they will fully clean your room: change sheets, towels, vacuum, etc.

I have used DVCrentalstore twice and their major competitor once. Both were good and easy to work with.

HAVE FUN!

harryk

Do you know what kind of coffee maker is in the room? I am staying there next week and I just thought of this now!! I didn't know if they supply coffee and filters or if I need to bring my own filters and coffee... Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
My family, as DVC members, have stayed at BW many times. There are 12 cup coffee makers in the room. They usually supply 2 decaf and 2 regular coffee packets. I don't remember the brand - but it was okay. You will be charged for refills (unless you can sweet talk mousekeeping out of refills) - so best to bring your own filters and coffee. You can pick up sugars at the various facilities in the resort - but we purchase milk/cream at the mercantile on the Boardwalk itself and keep it in the refrigerator. There is a coffee and pastry stand in the Boardwalk Inn, just off the main registration area. This functions in the AM and becomes a bar later in the day.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
All Villas come with a full size coffee pot (not the small four-cup units used in moderates and deluxe rooms) You will have a supply of Joffery's coffee but if you drink coffee every day or multiple times during the day, the supply will not cover you until your fourth day (trash and towel service) when they bring you more coffee. You can either bring your own or call the desk for more.

I have gone before and there been filters in in the cabinet but they were left from a previous owner/renter. Safe bet is to bring your own coffee and filters and then do as I do, leave the remainder for the next guest;)

Since someone else mentioned it, please remember your room is not serviced everyday when you are in a Villas on points (unless you request and pay extra at check-in). On your fourth day, (third day after check-in) Mousekeeping will come to your room and bring fresh towels, H2O products and some J-coffee and grab your trash. On your seventh day (sixth day after the day you check-in), they will fully clean your room: change sheets, towels, vacuum, etc.

I have used DVCrentalstore twice and their major competitor once. Both were good and easy to work with.

HAVE FUN!

I am paying cash through Disney... Won't I get housekeeping every day? Thanks for all the info! It's greatly appreciated. :)

harryk

I am paying cash through Disney... Won't I get housekeeping every day? Thanks for all the info! It's greatly appreciated. :)
When we first stayed at BW - before becoming DVC members - we noticed that we were not serviced by mousekeeping. We called the front desk and asked about it and when they found that we were not DVC members and not renting points we were treated as any other regular hotel/resort guest. We had full service every day.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I am paying cash reservation through Disney... Won't I get housekeeping every day? Thanks for all the info! It's greatly appreciated. :)
Above you say you used DVCRental. If so then you get a visit on trash/towel and full service day. If you paid cash for a room reservation through Disney (which is much more money then renting), then you get Mousekeeping everyday. Or if you meant that you are using DVCRental but then are paying cash for mousekeeping at check in, YES they will visit everyday. I also understand that there are options that you as a DVC member or guest can pay for one or two extra days of Mousekeeping. We have never done that and only use the Day 4 Day 7 method, which is part of the reservation.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Above you say you used DVCRental. If so then you get a visit on trash/towel and full service day. If you paid cash for a room reservation through Disney (which is much more money then renting), then you get Mousekeeping everyday. Or if you meant that you are using DVCRental but then are paying cash for mousekeeping at check in, YES they will visit everyday. I also understand that there are options that you as a DVC member or guest can pay for one or two extra days of Mousekeeping. We have never done that and only use the Day 4 Day 7 method, which is part of the reservation.

I wrote the original post when I thought I was booking through DVCrentals. However, as an annual passholder I was able to get 30% off my stay by booking through Disney directly. Sorry for the mix-up.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I wrote the original post when I thought I was booking through DVCrentals. However, as an annual passholder I was able to get 30% off my stay by booking through Disney directly. Sorry for the mix-up.

If booked directly through Disney as a cash stay like you have done, then you will get your normal daily mousekeeping. Have a wonderful trip!! :)

DizneyPryncess

I'm sorry, I have no idea, but it looks like some others gave you some good answers. I'm not a coffee drinker so I've never even given a second look at the coffee machines at the resorts. :)

iluvMainStMagic

My family, as DVC members, have stayed at BW many times. There are 12 cup coffee makers in the room. They usually supply 2 decaf and 2 regular coffee packets. I don't remember the brand - but it was okay. You will be charged for refills (unless you can sweet talk mousekeeping out of refills) - so best to bring your own filters and coffee. You can pick up sugars at the various facilities in the resort - but we purchase milk/cream at the mercantile on the Boardwalk itself and keep it in the refrigerator. There is a coffee and pastry stand in the Boardwalk Inn, just off the main registration area. This functions in the AM and becomes a bar later in the day.

Just curious here - since some closures and renovations have begun in/around the BWI, is the coffee/pastry stand (and bar later in the day) still open? thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom