Boardwalk Villas vs Beach Club Villas

Jess G

Original Poster
I was originally going to try to rent points for a studio at Beach Club but I'm seeing that renting a studio at Boardwalk instead could save me about $150 ... Being that they're located so close together, can anyone tell me a few significant differences between the two? Is Beach club worth the extra money?

ToTBellHop

Pool is the biggest. Location and rooms are similar. Both were recently refurbished. Boardwalk gets its own bus to most places now and has a closer walk to DHS and the same five minute walk to Epcot. And of course their themes differ.

We sometimes book a week at BW and then add a night at Yacht for the pool.

epcotisbest

We have stayed at and enjoyed both, but Beach Club, to us, is absolutely worth the extra. Stormalong Bay is one of the best pools on property. We have spent a lot of time poolside at many different resorts, and Stormalong Bay is fantastic. Lots of different sections to the pools, a decent amount of shade, sandy bottom section, nice slide...it is kinda like a mini water park.
Nothing wrong with Boardwalk, but if you plan on some poolside time, go with BC.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

We rented DVC points for an upcoming stay and had it narrowed down to a studio at Beach Club or a studio at Boardwalk, so my family just did the very same analysis.

At the end of the day, we opted to spend the extra $$ on Beach Club, for two reasons: (1) the fabulous pool, which was especially valuable to us given that we aren't visiting any of the water parks, but wanted to spend a good half-day poolside (not to mention that Boardwalk's creepy clown pool with the slide that comes out through its mouth -- "I'm Bozo and I vomit children!" was a bit of a turn-off to us -- maybe we've read Stephen King's "It" too many times...); and (2) we liked the theming and menus of the Beach Club restaurants better than those at Boardwalk, particularly since we have two small children, so Boardwalk's superior "late night drinking and dancing" scene would be wasted on us at the moment.

We would like to try Boardwalk someday, though, once the kids are older...

Last edited:

Simba's Mom

I love the restful music at the Beach Club. Another reason I prefer BCV is the sand. You can squish your toes in the sand at the pool, and until last time we were there, you could walk along the beach, and watch movies on the beach. Now, I see the beach got a fence, so I'm not sure if there's a sandy area at the beach that's still accessible. However, I admit that the $150 savings you mentioned would buy a lot of sand! I still like Beach Club, though-just a more restful vibe. More "country" rather than "city".

correcaminos

We'll be honest, the pool at BCV (Storm Along Bay) is not our favorite. It's huge. It has a lazy river and a slide. The slide annoys me with the waterfall and the lazy river is very short & deep with very little water movement so constantly bumping into people. I mean it's cool but it's not "all that"

That said we really like BCV a lot. Renting studios at both have the issues of having a pull out instead of a 2nd bed. However I love the Community Hall there and how close it is to the Swan & Dolphin. I love the quiet pool there as well over BC (or villas) quiet pools.

Last edited:

correcaminos

I think that currently, both Boardwalk Villas and Beach Club Villas have one queen and one pull-out sofa (as well as a pull-down Murphy bed) in the studios.
That was me misreading. I didn't see the rent points at first for BC - thought it was a regular room for BC and studio for BWV. My mistake. Both do have a pull out. Only OKW has 2 beds in their studios. I edited my post to reflect my mistake in reading.

Which leads me to this. Is the BWV room a standard or just a lower per point rental?

Weather_Lady

That was me misreading. I didn't see the rent points at first for BC - thought it was a regular room for BC and studio for BWV. My mistake. Both do have a pull out. Only OKW has 2 beds in their studios. I edited my post to reflect my mistake in reading.

Which leads me to this. Is the BWV room a standard or just a lower per point rental?

A BWV studio does "cost" fewer DVC points than a Beach Club studio, so I'd assumed that was the comparison the OP was making (about 2-3 DVC points less per night, which adds up when you multiply it by several nights, and by your rental price per point -- for a 6-night stay, for example, the difference between the two studios is about $340, at David's Vacation Rentals rates).

Last edited:

correcaminos

A BWV studio does "cost" fewer DVC points than a Beach Club studio, so I'd assumed that was the comparison the OP was making (about 2-3 DVC points less per night, which adds up when you multiply it by several nights, and by your rental price per point -- for a 6-night stay, for example, the difference between the two studios is about $340, at David's Vacation Rentals rates).
Point wise they are really very close between the BWV garden/pool view and the BCV. Some seasons they are identical for the rooms - so about half the year or more they are exactly the same. Higher seasons there is a minor change, and I'm talking 2-7 points for a week (so at most 1 point difference a night). Though there are 2 seasons where BWV is more expensive than BCV. At the highest season BWV is higher in cost per week by 7 points for a garden view.

Now the standard view is 2-5 point difference a night.

Been an owner for 14 years so I'm more than aware of the points per room at each :) So that led me to ask about the room types or if it was a different deal per point. Edit: the reason it matters is that some of the standard rooms are fine, but some are very noisy (the ones by the drop off/valet area)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom