Boardwalk Lobby Roller Coaster

sambres8

Original Poster
Has anyone ever seen the model 20s-style roller coaster on display in the Boardwalk lobby in motion?

This is the one:
3778199777_dfb417782a_b.jpg

DManRightHere

We stayed at boardwalk last time. I enjoyed seeing the old penny machines (would be much better if they worked!) and old photos and such. They have a photograph of a gigantic elephant hotel too. It would have been cool to see in person!

prfctlyximprct

We stayed at boardwalk last time. I enjoyed seeing the old penny machines (would be much better if they worked!) and old photos and such. They have a photograph of a gigantic elephant hotel too. It would have been cool to see in person!

I visited that elephant hotel last summer in margate nj!! She even survived hurricane sandy !

Rob562

The model is strictly a static model. The "lifthill" doesn't have a chain or any other kind of propulsion. The "track" is just HO-scale model railroad track.

As for what it's a model of, it wasn't supposed to be built at the Boardwalk, it's a model of the infamous Flip-Flap roller coaster, one of the first true roller-coasters in the U.S.

Edit to add:
http://io9.com/5937413/the-worlds-first-looping-roller-coasters-were-basically-torture-devices

The miniature carousel on the other end of the lobby *does* move, though. Every once in a while it'll start up. The music it plays is actually a carousel organ version of the final version of the "Fantasy in the Sky" fireworks soundtrack before Wishes was introduced.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom