boarding position b03 for southwest is this good?

HRHPrincessAriel

Oof yeah, I don't miss the days of lining up hours before the flight.

Those seats are typically the last ones to fill up anyway :) Most people want to be towards the front so they can get off the plane quicker.
I remember the 1st time I ever flew SWA and walked up to the huge line of people basically camping out. CRAZY!

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Wait, Southwest doesn't let you pick your seats upon reservation? Why would you ever want to fly with a company that has such nonsense going on!

I rather agree with you. We've only flown Southwest when it was "free" (e.g., I had credit card reward points to burn) and I absolutely hated the boarding procedure, and the pressure of having to check in at 24 hours out exactly, or having to shell out the equivalent of purchasing a fifth ticket to get Early Bird for everyone in our party. The boarding procedure was no faster than the typical board-from-the-back process, once you accounted for all the people who had to be told ten times where to stand and what to do, and then prodded to actually move their bodies and luggage forward when the time came to board! ;)

However, we have equivalent direct service from JetBlue at our local airports, so there's a comparably-priced option which offers better amenities (seat-back entertainment and seat selection) than Southwest, which is why we nearly always choose to fly JetBlue. For fliers who don't have that choice, I can see why the lower rates offered by Southwest would be a draw that overcomes the negative aspect of possibly getting separated at boarding.

R W B

I have flown Southwest a few times and always been stuck with a "C" pass. So how exactly do I get an "A" or "B" pass? I have to check in online 24hrs before the flight ad not at the little DIY machine at the airport 2 hrs before the flight?

Weather_Lady

I have flown Southwest a few times and always been stuck with a "C" pass. So how exactly do I get an "A" or "B" pass? I have to check in online 24hrs before the flight ad not at the little DIY machine at the airport 2 hrs before the flight?

Not just check in at 24 hours, but be hovering at your computer until the very second you are 24 hours out! Last time I did this and had 4 confirmation numbers to enter, there were nearly 20 positions between the first and last numbers we were assigned (even though I work with a computer every day and am a lightning-fast typist), because so many others were checking in online at the very same minute. Still, our numbers ranged from A29 to B17 (or something like that), so we were fine...

daisyduckie

You can pay the little bit extra for Early Bird Check In, where Southwest checks you in 36 hours out.

daisyduckie

You do that. When you're the parents of a set of 6 yr. old quadruplets, it becomes ESSENTIAL that we all sit together. I pay extra in order to ensure this.

Then pay for everyone to have EBCI if it is ESSENTIAL that you all sit together. Otherwise, the FAs will turn a blind eye to anyone trying to sit in one of your "saved" seats. Paying for one to be checked in early, is not doing what you should to ensure you get seats together. It is being rather rude.

Disneydreamer23

The three people are any of those children cause if you have a child you can go to the seating right after the A boarding before the Bs which is called family seating

daisyduckie

The three people are any of those children cause if you have a child you can go to the seating right after the A boarding before the Bs which is called family seating

Almost right. It is called Family Boarding, and it is not always done. It is up to the discretion of the Gate Agents. If the flight looks to be mostly families, they can skip it.

And it also is only for kids that are under the age of 5. So having multiples that are 6 years old, they would not qualify for it.

MrDee

Then pay for everyone to have EBCI if it is ESSENTIAL that you all sit together. Otherwise, the FAs will turn a blind eye to anyone trying to sit in one of your "saved" seats. Paying for one to be checked in early, is not doing what you should to ensure you get seats together. It is being rather rude.

There are lots of things flight attendants turn a blind eye to....especially at Southwest. And sincerely, I am trying to NOT be rude by making sure my family sits together. If we were scattered throughout the flight, I'd feel pretty bad about anyone that may have to sit next to my demanding brood. I swear, I'm trying to help the situation, not make it worse.

daisyduckie

There are lots of things flight attendants turn a blind eye to....especially at Southwest. And sincerely, I am trying to NOT be rude by making sure my family sits together. If we were scattered throughout the flight, I'd feel pretty bad about anyone that may have to sit next to my demanding brood. I swear, I'm trying to help the situation, not make it worse.

The best thing to do to help the situation is to pay for EBCI for everyone. It isn't to pay for it for one person, and then to have them try and hold seats. It may not work, and may cause a confrontation. Pay for it for everyone, and then you can all board together.

I would hope that if you do end up separated on a flight at some point that you have already instructed your children how to behave.

MorganKelly

You'll be fine. Our flights last week were not full (they were early flights). We were A25-A27 outward and were in the 3rd row on the 6:00 AM flight. On the return flight we were A17-A19 and were in the 2nd row for the 8:00 AM flight. We always do Early Bird for the return flights.

pug

It is not
my boarding position b03 for southwest is this good? i have a party of 3 will we get a chance to sit together? also how can i tell if i am going into a already crowded plane? is there a way to see if my plane will already have people on it when my flight goes to board?

thanks
heather
It is not bad and you get to be seated togather for sure if you sit at the back of the plane which is not bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom