Blue Sky Session

kennyy_d

Original Poster
If you don't already know Disney's Imaginations is a competition for prospective Imagineers who are Juniors and Seniors in college. It is a time for them to present and show off their abilities to a panel of Imagineers in a professional way! I'm only a senior in high school however I am hoping to start the early stages of my Imaginations project through this Thread!

My first thought was to ask around what people liked/ disliked in a vacation, whether it be Disney or not. However this method was getting me nowhere! I received the same monotonous answers over and over again! So my fellow Disney nerds I have turned to you for help.

I know many people on these boards are extremely opinionated, so take a few minutes from your day to really sit and chew on this question. Then take another few minutes replying! I want to hear everything, the good and the bad!

If you could see any kind of change at a Walt Disney World theme park, what would it be?

Now I have left this open ended on purpose. I want you to think about what you and your family always say about Disney when you get back home from your trips. When coworkers or friends ask, "What was your favorite/ least favorite part? Why?" What comes to mind first? It can be about the resort, the food, transportation, the attractions, a new land, line control, etc. It can happen anywhere on the planet! If you lived in a perfect Disney World, what would that look like?

Last thing before I close this up. I am NOT looking to take anyone else's ideas and claim them as my own! I simple want you all's feedback on the parks. What do you like/dislike. The feedback you give me will help me steer the direction of my boat and get me started on research!

Thank you for looking at this and giving it some thought! I will stay active and engage in your responses as frequently as I can! Now have at it!

lazyboy97o

In recent years the ImagiNations competition has dropped the individual participants and included a specific prompt for that year's competition, which is not always directly related to Disney's existing parks or even theme parks.

kennyy_d

Original Poster
In recent years the ImagiNations competition has dropped the individual participants and included a specific prompt for that year's competition, which is not always directly related to Disney's existing parks or even theme parks.
Yes I figured as so! However I would still love to here feedback!

The90skid

Old post, but I would like to chime in. As a new member but past lurker, I can see that there is always a huge focus on rides. This is understandable because the rides are the best part and the most fun to dream about! However, what makes Disney truly special is the ambience of the parks, and from my most recent visits I think Disney should improve their ambience with more cast members acting as characters! Not the fabulous five or other Disney favorites, but like generic citizens of the world. I want to see some pioneers and cowboys walking around frontierland and interacting with guests. I want to see some hollywood hopefuls asking guests to judge their singing/acting skills in DHS. I want to see a Sherpa salesman at the bottom of Everest trying to sell guests "genuine" yeti trinkets. These little touches would really transport you to that world of make believe. They help you to escape from reality for a day and enjoy being a kid again! Best of luck to you in your future career, and I hope this adds something!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom