Blue Man Group coming to Universal Orlando?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
Resort News - (9/1/06) Okay, I double checked. It’s September 1st and not April 1st. The reason is that this rumor is kind of big and may be hard for some people to swallow, but it makes perfect sense if true. Screamscape sources tell us that a preliminary deal has been signed between Universal and Blue Man Group for a permanent show location within Citywalk. Well, technically it isn’t currently within Citywalk... the plan is to completely transform the old Nickelodeon Studios building into a new theater for the Blue Man Group and build a new entrance pathway for the show building somewhere between the Hard Rock Cafe and the USF exit plaza. Of course the new building will be completely blue and the outside will be completely renovated to give it more of a presence. The show itself may be a copy of the new Las Vegas show and obviously it’s clear to see that this is being done to compete with Disney’s Cirque Do Soleil offering at Downtown Disney. From the sound of things, the new show could open by next year so things should start to happen quickly if the final contracts are signed.

Legacy

This just sounds ridiculous... I can't see it happening...

I could... actually. The Blue Man Group would do well in Orlando, as it is one of the three huge tourist destinations in the US. And I could see how Universal would want them here. The Nick Studios aspect might be a stretch... but even that isn't impossible. I'd be inclined to believe at least a small of credibility in the rumor.

speck76

The "Blue Man Group" rumor has been around for a long time within the local entertainment community....but the location has always been rumored to be DTD.

Legacy

The "Blue Man Group" rumor has been around for a long time within the local entertainment community....but the location has always been rumored to be DTD.

Uhg... DTD has Cirque and the Blue Man Group is a bit too "in your face" for Disney, IMO. They would be a perfect fit to CityWalk.

MagliteL13

Uhg... DTD has Cirque and the Blue Man Group is a bit too "in your face" for Disney, IMO. They would be a perfect fit to CityWalk.

I agree completely. I think UO would adapt to BMG's social commentary and in-your-face feel. I can't see something along the lines of the LV show though. Something along the lines of "Tubes" (Chicago) maybe. This is the first I've heard about a BMG show in Orlando, though.

coasterphil

I'm surprised that Orlando hasn't gotten a permanent Blue Man Group show yet, as it would likely do very well. This idea seems like a good one for Universal, but the Nick Studios seems like a stretch. I don't know where else they would put it though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom