Blue Bayou

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've been there twice, I think it is worth doing at least once. I really only did it the second time for the Fantasmic dinner package. I enjoy Cafe Orleans a lot more.

180º

When I go, I go for lunch and get the Monte Cristo and an extra plate (not the split plate order) and share between two people. Don't forget that with Blue Bayou's Monte Cristo you get a modest appetizer and, of course, bread and butter. You can add an appetizer to Café Orleans' Monte Cristo and it'll bring it to about the same price as Blue Bayou's. That said, Café Orleans is still a better value if all you want is the entrée itself. The way I do Blue Bayou works for my tastes and is surprisingly affordable. Others may want something else, and find that for what they want, Café Orleans had more to offer for a better price.

Rufus T Firefly

There are ways to enjoy the atmosphere without putting too big a dent in your wallet. Lunch is a little less expensive and they serve lunch until almost 4. Or, order one entrée and pay to split the plate. Or, make reservations for later in the evening and have just dessert and coffee. I would recommend that you request a table on the water when you check in. You may have to wait for one to become open, but if this may be the one and only time you go it will be worth the wait. We have never waited longer than 15 min. for a waterside table.

Princess Kaylee

Original Poster
Thanks guys! We will defiantly book it for lunch :)
There are ways to enjoy the atmosphere without putting too big a dent in your wallet. Lunch is a little less expensive and they serve lunch until almost 4. Or, order one entrée and pay to split the plate. Or, make reservations for later in the evening and have just dessert and coffee. I would recommend that you request a table on the water when you check in. You may have to wait for one to become open, but if this may be the one and only time you go it will be worth the wait. We have never waited longer than 15 min. for a waterside table.

I love the idea of going for desert! Thanks!

D

Deleted member 107043

I'm late to the party, but I'll echo everyone else and say that the food is good, but not spectacular. I'll add that for me it's strange to be seated in such a fancy setting and the only thing to drink besides water is milk and soda. Still, it's worth doing, but if you want the full experience (atmosphere and excellent food and drink) I recommend the Carthay Circle at DCA. Have fun!

dweezil78

It's a once every few years kind of place at most IMO, to echo what everyone else is saying. Also, unless you are seated right against the water, you don't really even see that far out into PotC. And at some point, you might find yourself sitting there asking yourself why you are paying so much money to sit next to something you could actually go ride for next extra charge. :p That said, I am definitely guilty of eating at Blue Bayou many many times, so there must be something to it!

HouCuseChickie

We ate there in December. I think this is one of those that you have to experience once for yourself and decide if return trips are worth it. For us...we were seated about as far from the water as possible and thought the food and service were very average. I wouldn't return, but I also had to try it myself to form a first-hand opinion and know for sure. We went to Cafe Orleans for lunch on a different day to try the monte cristos.

D

Deleted member 107043

I agree it isn't the same if you aren't seated near the water. Aside from the restriction on alcohol, I also dislike the lounge area where you have to wait to be seated. It's pleasant enough, but far too tight for the traffic they handle.

Curious Constance

I'm determined to eat here at least once. It's good to know that we need to request a waterside table. I can't see paying that much twice at this type of place, but I have to do it at least once. My family is addicted to Goofy's Kitchen, so we always splurge on this every trip. It's buffet style, and food is pretty good (not great, but much better than your average buffer). My kids rave about the peanut butter and jelly pizza. I literally have pictures of them from the last ten years at various ages with peanut butter and jelly pizza all over their faces lol.

dweezil78

I'm determined to eat here at least once. It's good to know that we need to request a waterside table. I can't see paying that much twice at this type of place, but I have to do it at least once. My family is addicted to Goofy's Kitchen, so we always splurge on this every trip. It's buffet style, and food is pretty good (not great, but much better than your average buffer). My kids rave about the peanut butter and jelly pizza. I literally have pictures of them from the last ten years at various ages with peanut butter and jelly pizza all over their faces lol.

Honestly, it's one of those things that elevates yet another trip to Disneyland to something more -- especially if you are a local with an AP who goes all the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom