Blue Bayou vs Aladdin's Oasis for Main Street Electrical?

smartmouse

Original Poster
Hello fellow Disney people!

We went to DLR last June and did the Blue Bayou dining package for Paint the Night. At that time, you were chased away and not allowed to form a line to enter seating area until 30 minutes before parade. We are headed back to the parks in March and I was thinking about doing one of these packages for Main Street Electrical.

However, I heard that they are now allowing people to line up ahead up to 1.5 hours before parade start time (especially the Aladdin's Oasis viewing spot?). Has anyone done one of these packages recently to give me the scoop? I would hate to spend the extra money and still end up waiting hours to see the parade.

Thanks for the help,
Cristin

Phroobar

I don't think I've ever waited for a parade at Disneyland and never did a dinning package to see something like that. If the thing is going by, I just stop and look if I'm interested. Most of the time it's annoying because I want to get to other side of the park while the thing is running. I usually get trapped on one side of the park. If I really wanted to see the parade, I usually head over to Small World and hang out in the old Light Magic stands. You get pretty close and are high up.

smartmouse

Original Poster
If you get there fairly early, viewing over near IASW is excellent and not at all crowded. That's my favorite spot for parade viewing. No dining package required. :)
Thank you both for the information! Will we be able to see the fireworks from the IASM parade area? And how early would you suggest?

Phroobar

Fireworks are really close up over at IASW since they are just behind Toon Town. I'd say get to that area about a half hour before just because its hard to push your way through people to get to that area.

StarWarsGirl

Thank you both for the information! Will we be able to see the fireworks from the IASM parade area? And how early would you suggest?
You can, but if there are two PTN showings, I'd recommend viewing fireworks from Main Street or Frontierland and making your way over for the later PTN showing. The later PTN showing also tends to be much less crowded.

I'd recommend getting there at least 15 minutes early, preferably 30 minutes early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom