BLT is fantastic!

austinexs

Bay Lake Towers

My wife and I went to Disney World for our 9 anniversary (we spent our honeymoon there). We were there from 12/13/09 though 12/20/09 and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. Anyway, we bought in Bay Lake Towers after years of talking about joining DVC. I've posted a few pictures of Bay Lake Towers we took after buying into DVC at BLT.
http://www.austindunnphotography.com
If you go to my web site and click on portfolio section and go down to Disney World. BLT photos are toward the bottom.

We will be going back on December 30 and staying for 17 days, 18 nights at BLT and I can not wait!!

Austin
www.austindunnphotography.com

biggecorn

Yes ofcourse:eek: it's apparent that i like BLTs too.....:slurp: and i have to say maybe u should try thick slices of turkey bacon.Its healthier and you can't tell the difference.:animwink:

MDL8981

I'm looking into going either March or May 2011. Cant wait. I stayed at Kidani last spring, and it was easily the best DVC place or many any hotel I've ever stayed at. The savanna view was awesome, the rooms are beautiful. BLT will have to be REAL good for it to top Kidani on my list.

I assume the MK view is the best since you can watch the fireworks from your balcony? The lake view looks pretty sweet too though.

How does the Top of the World lounge work for seeing Wishes? I assume it gets packed up there...it is just first come, first serve or do you have to make reservations to guarantee a spot on the outside balcony?

dizzney

Top of the World is a first come first served basis, you can only visit if you are a DVC member staying at BLT on points. There is a limit on the number of people allowed and my understanding is that it has filled up at busy times and on weekends. That being said, when we visited on Thursday Janaury 7th, we had no problems and it wasnt crowded at all. It is a beautiful location to see the fireworks from.

TomHendricks

Only 6 more days...

I have a question about adding another tower on site. If they do knock down the other side and put up another tower should it be DVC or part of the Contemporary? Also, should it be shaped like a B? The contemporary looks like an A and Bay Lake Tower looks like a C.

Main Street USA

Yes, that initial investment seams a lot, but what you are failing to realize is that you get 50 years of vacations for that amount. Using your numbers, if it is 350 points to get a 1br for a week, in the 50th year it still will be 350 points. Plus you can use your points at other places then here.
Yes, but on top of that initial amount, you're failing to mention the 50 years of dues...and in this 350 point scenario, they're more per year than I'll usually pay to stay at a deluxe.

That being said, I think the DVC can be a great thing for those that can truly afford it. By "truly afford it," I mean those that can plop down the entire initial amount without having to make payments. Payments plus yearly dues are a LOT of extra money. DVC is really a luxury, not an investment.

The real bottom line is that it's completely up to each individual or family's perspective. No one can tell anyone else it isn't a good idea. Someone might prove it's not a great idea on paper, but that doesn't necessarily mean someone shouldn't do it.

dizzney

Yes, but on top of that initial amount, you're failing to mention the 50 years of dues...and in this 350 point scenario, they're more per year than I'll usually pay to stay at a deluxe.

That being said, I think the DVC can be a great thing for those that can truly afford it. By "truly afford it," I mean those that can plop down the entire initial amount without having to make payments. Payments plus yearly dues are a LOT of extra money. DVC is really a luxury, not an investment.

The real bottom line is that it's completely up to each individual or family's perspective. No one can tell anyone else it isn't a good idea. Someone might prove it's not a great idea on paper, but that doesn't necessarily mean someone shouldn't do it.

True it is a luxury, but also an investment, even with the economy as it stands, we could sell our BWV at more $ per point than we purchased it. So it is an investment. And we hve had a number of wonderful vacations there already.

We did however manage to pay in full each time we added on and did so for our initial purchase also, we saved since we did not want to pay both, it would have killed our budget. We figure we are ahead and have recouped the cost of BWV, now working on recouping the cost of BLT.

Mouse Man

Beautiful pictures of the resort. Makes me truly want to stay there. I have been toying with the vacation club for a long time and I think it's time I finally get in.

DVC Mike

Original Poster
DVCMike_2010_01_15_070440.jpg

mainstreet1997

Nice! Here's a question. When ever we get "pool view" at Boardwalk we always regret it because when were trying to take our mid day rest they always BLAST loud music and have a really loud DJ person down by the pool. Does this happen at BLT too?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom