Block Party Bash Preview with Pictures!

WDWmom64055

We saw this at CA in 2005, too...

I read most of the posts, and if anyone mentioned that the little balls are souvenirs, I missed it. At one point they toss out beach balls, then have the kids toss them back. At the end they shoot out the nerf balls...which you get to keep.

BTW, my suggestion is to station one person just behind the rest of the crowd towards the end of the show. This gives you a good chance to snag a ball that went astray.

Just curious, are they putting up the banners/flags to show the zones the way they did at CA? When we saw it there were three zones. We managed to catch the front and back of the parade, but never did see the show put on by the middle section.

dbogue

as of now, no I have no word of putting up flags. I heard we are not allowed to tell guests that it stops, nor where it stops. I'm not sure how much I believe that (heard that from another CM). But I would have heard something about flags, I hope they do put them up though.

dbogue

and no, at the preview they did not stop, after the second stop (which is very awkward) they go straight out the star tours gate then that's it.

kcw

When we saw it there were three zones. We managed to catch the front and back of the parade, but never did see the show put on by the middle section.

They only kept that third show stop for a very short time, as the performers physically couldn't handle it. You might have caught it after they nixed the stop, but hadn't taken down flags and changed the park maps or whatever else.

Evo

262549198_rsN7n-L.jpg
What's that..?

I wish they would add new Pixar Characters to the parade..

Ev

PKD

What's that..?

I wish they would add new Pixar Characters to the parade..

Ev

That is the nerf ball that is "shot out" at the end off the show stop.

As for the not telling guest about the show stops, if that is true then they would really have a Light Magic issue on their hands. The parade route is to long to evenly give everyone a good view of the parade if only two stops are done. I'll try and found out from one of the toy soldiers what they are being told as they start the runs tomorrow.

PKD

The answer regarding the show stops is that they will ONLY do two stops. One on Hollywood Blvd and the other in front of Sounds Dangerous and back to towards the hat.

musicmaniac522

So actually from what it seems like to me, anywhere you sit on the parade route you'll be able to see a show stop? If that's so then all the colored banners and markings on the maps wouldn't be neccesary would they?

rainfully

Original Poster
The first stop, we stood on the left side of Hollywood Blvd right where the first left hand turn is. We were directly in front of the main stage float for Monsters, Inc.

For the second, we stood on the right side, very close to the hat. We were in front of the Bugs Life section.

Hope that helps some... maybe??

Haha and thanks all for the compliments. :)

PKD

I just got back from seeing the parade at MGM today. It went really well and the crowed LOVED IT!!

There are in fact only two stops, but everyone on the parade route is able to see a stop. If you are RIGHT at the curve from Hollywood to the Hat, then you might be able to see two stops. Due to this, I doubt they will say anything about the stops or "zones" in the maps or show guides. Unlike at DCA, the parade route is just the right length for two stops.

The cast was energetic and the crowed joined right in both times the stops happened.

I have some pictures, but of course I took them on old school 35MM. Had a roll that I needed to use up. *sigh*

PS 500 post :sohappy:

WDWSkater

This seems really AWESOME!
I really want to go and dance with the Toy Story people! Especially the Army Soldiers!
The Pics look great! I really wish my June will hurry up!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom