Blizzard Beach

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm pretty sure they just do a thorough cleaning throughout the waterpark. No upgrades or additions that I'm aware of.

kc1296426

When one park is closed during the winter, it really isn't that much of a "refurb", just more of a its-cold-and-no-people-and-no-money-are-going-to-be-flowing-through-the-gates-so-lets-just open-one-park type of thing. But Disney takes advantage of one water park being closed at one time, like they do annual maintenance on the attractions, clean the place up, keep it up to the bar...blahblahblah.

hate to tell you but, there were days when I ws dropping the DW off to work at the All Stars back in January and I could see the tower for the water slide at BB and it was packed with ppl ... we've only had a few days since December that we're too cold to go to the water parks

t3techcom18

Yeah, like the others said, for seasonal maintenance. I don't work there, but I work at TL. They usually go around for lots of painting, lots of rewiring, technical, plumbing, (You'd be surprised how much the maps actually clog the pipes), etc. You name it, they fixed it. I gotta say though, for the time that I was over at BB for temporary during the wintertime, it REALLY needs some touchups. Apparently the sun doesn't treat the paint as well as it does over in TL.

Even if though, I was there when they were in the last days of doing the TL refurb, and I was amazed to see how many little touch ups they did (not to mention working on the mountain out back), down to the wooden posts or the signs.

Now, going to seeing people go to water parks during the winter...you'd be surprised, haha. It was around 51 as a high and we got an ample amount of people through the day. Pure insanity...and then comes the days you'd wished they would close, but have to keep open cause they have more than 40 people in the park...:brick: One day I just sat down from my post and nobody went by for at least 30-40 minutes. It's headache when it's like that.

brucie

Do you think BB will take a hit this year because of the new Sea World water park??

Hopefully they spruce it up good:)

Kamikaze

Do you think BB will take a hit this year because of the new Sea World water park??

Hopefully they spruce it up good:)

Yes and no. Locals will be most likely choosing Aquatica, but on-site guests will probably continue to go to TL and BB. Some of them will make the trip to Aquatica for sure, but its not going to be a HUGE drop off in guest count.

WickedQueen22

I know we won't leave property just to go to Aquatica. The WDW water parks are free with our park tickets and the commute can't be beat. Plus I enjoy sending my kids to a round or two at Winter Summerland so I can float the lazy river. :)

Looking forward to the fresh paint!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
hate to tell you but, there were days when I ws dropping the DW off to work at the All Stars back in January and I could see the tower for the water slide at BB and it was packed with ppl ... we've only had a few days since December that we're too cold to go to the water parks

Why would you "hate to tell" that...it sounds like a good thing.

kc1296426

Now, going to seeing people go to water parks during the winter...you'd be surprised, haha. It was around 51 as a high and we got an ample amount of people through the day. Pure insanity...and then comes the days you'd wished they would close, but have to keep open cause they have more than 40 people in the park...:brick: One day I just sat down from my post and nobody went by for at least 30-40 minutes. It's headache when it's like that.
I totally know what you mean. The foreigners from up north think a high below 60 is warm! Haha.

I remember going to TL this past winter in January, it was EMPTY. Felt like I had the whole park to myself. I could of sworn only 10 families were in the park. Pulling up to the gate that morning and I saw the parking lot, and I thought the place was closed!

Mikester71

I totally know what you mean. The foreigners from up north think a high below 60 is warm! Haha.

I remember going to TL this past winter in January, it was EMPTY. Felt like I had the whole park to myself. I could of sworn only 10 families were in the park. Pulling up to the gate that morning and I saw the parking lot, and I thought the place was closed!

Heck, as a foreigner from up north myself, I consider a high above 30 to be warm. Between 40 and 50 and it is time to take the coats off and crack open the window in the car! That is just me though. :ROFLOL:

Actually, last March when we went to Typhoon Lagoon, it was in the mid 60's and the place was a ghost town. It was awesome to have the whole place to ourselves! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom