Blizzard Beach technical issues (March 2016)

Nmoody1

Universal must be relishing in this! Building a water park with brand new attractions whilst Disney is operating a park with it'd headline slide closed! Nice way to beat the competition Disney. It feels like they have totally given up with competing with the competition now - they are happy to run with bad show, trash cans overfilled and headline attractions closed.

May seem like a good way to squeeze profit out of a cash cow... but it cannot be good for future business! Maybe that's why Disney targets parents with 3 year olds. .... The kids are too young to remember how poor the product really is!

Sped2424

Blizzard beaches issue is not as simple as a leak and is far more serious than that. From what I hear it's getting to the point where a closure of the park itself is being considered (they have already closed it for a day or two but I am hearing long closure certain cast have already been switched out of there in prep for a move like this). Don't know if that's still the plan but for now this is not a simple issue and we are going to see something about this come out and soon.

Last edited:

cheezbat

This is ridiculous and embarrassing. This needs to be fixed ASAP. Close the park and spend the money to get it done. You can't go without these slides. That would be like running the Magic Kingdom without Big Thunder and Splash for a long time. Absolute chaos.

WDW, you're becoming a joke.

Sped2424

This is ridiculous and embarrassing. This needs to be fixed ASAP. Close the park and spend the money to get it done. You can't go without these slides. That would be like running the Magic Kingdom without Big Thunder and Splash for a long time. Absolute chaos.

It's becoming a possibility that blizzard beach just won't run period. Structural integrity right now is compromised for the entire plummet summit structure.

natatomic

It's becoming a possibility that blizzard beach just won't run period. Structural integrity right now is compromised for the entire plummet summit structure.

The same structure that holds the chair lifts? Those things terrify me, but I suck my fear up just to avoid having to carry my 2 year old up all those stairs. Should I be worried they will all collapse one day? Is there one of those famous Florida sink holes underneath? :O Lol

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Blizzard beaches issue is not as simple as a leak and is far more serious than that. From what I hear it's getting to the point where a closure of the park itself is being considered (they have already closed it for a day or two but I am hearing long closure certain cast have already been switched out of there in prep for a move like this). Don't know if that's still the plan but for now this is not a simple issue and we are going to see something about this come out and soon.

Or just close it permanently - MUCH CHEAPER that way,

Nmoody1

In years to come the drive from Coronado will be 'remember that Disney water park they closed' - the one where they still leave the lights on and the music playing and Cast Member paperwork and such laying around. People will be breaking in to get photos. What was it called? River Country? Oh.. no... Blizzard Beach

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
In years to come the drive from Coronado will be 'remember that Disney water park they closed' - the one where they still leave the lights on and the music playing and Cast Member paperwork and such laying around. People will be breaking in to get photos. What was it called? River Country? Oh.. no... Blizzard Beach

Military has a term of art for this kind of thing 'Abandon in Place'

Incomudro

Yeah, I agree.
This is big. Bigger than the Yeti not working.
Arguably, BB is those two slides.
Whether you ride them or not, their presence, their operating presence is the focal point of the park.

ChrisM

Problems possibly arose after that. The issue here is what's beneath the structure rather than bad steel work.

Ah, so they've finally discovered The Old Ones.

Good luck, everyone.

cthulhu_by_zaidoigres-d34i3u8.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom