deleted

donaldtoo

One story (I have others :cyclops:). I worked retail (including our Disney Store) in our local mall between '09-'13 during that economic downturn. Sorry, this isn't from a consumer standpoint...! ;)
On one Black Friday I worked over 18+, almost straight hours, at 3 different jobs in the same mall. I only had 5 mins. between the one, and 15 mins. between the other to throw down a Subway food court sandwich...!!! :confused:
We don't do Black Friday shopping anymore...!!! :hilarious:

Sans Souci

I avoid stores, malls, and restaurants like the plague My husband was in a deadly human crush at a UK soccer game many years ago and he said he could never go to any of these door busters. He cringes at what he sees on TV.

Here is my experience as a barista that I posted here a few years ago.

Black Friday is the worst. I used to work at a SBUX with a drive thru. I had to open on Black Friday one year. I got to work at 4:30 AM to open at 5 AM. The drive thru drive way was already packed when I pulled up. The people in the cars were all, "WOOO HOOO! SHOPPING!" and "I need extra caffeine today!!111!!!" I was stewing in a quiet rage that I had cooked & hosted Thanksgiving dinner less than 12 hours earlier and here I was, getting ready to sling lattes. Then at quarter to 5, someone started honking their horn in the drive thru. Mentally, I wanted to smack them upside the head. In reality, I had to plaster a fake smile on face and provide the "Starbucks five star legendary service."

Nemo14

You couldn't pay me enough to be anywhere near the stores on Black Friday. My favorite Black Friday story is that REI holds OptOutside on Black Friday to encourage its customers and employees to spend quality time in the great outdoors.

DisneyPrincess5

Years ago, my dad and his friend went to our local Walmart and waited in line for hours on Black Friday to fight people for Furbies. My dad snagged two of them for me!

I only went out one time myself for Black Friday. My friend and I started at midnight going to our local outlet stores, then ended up in a parking lot laughing hysterically over just about anything as we were deliriously exhausted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom