1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

birthday surprises

Discussion in 'WDW with Kids' started by ALONZO LAUREL, Jul 28, 2017.

1. ALONZO LAUREL

ALONZO LAUREL Member

Any one know of any good surprise things they do for kids at disney for their birthday? My son will be turning 3 during our visit and we have reservations for chef mickey to celebrate just wondering if there is any other place that does a fun or interesting thing for birthdays. We have cinderella royal table but that isnt really a birthday meal and we also have hollywood and vine with minnie etc but also not birthday related.

2. Schneewittchen

Schneewittchen Well-Known Member

So, we haven't done a birthday at WDW yet. But we did one at DL when DS was turning 7.

For our special dinner, we went to Blue Bayou. The server brought out a little free cupcake with a candle. DS loved it.

I assume most restaurants will at least do something like that. And if you get a "it's my birthday" pin from guest services, all the CM's are extra nice.

Don't know when your trip is scheduled, but we're going to WDW in November for DS turning 8 this year. Perhaps I can report anything more interesting than a flaming cupcake.

3. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

Note your son's birthday on any ADRs and also your resort ressie. Chances are, a character restaurant will have a card signed by the characters for him and a birthday cupcake.

But don't expect things to happen. Lots of people celebrate at Disney, and going in expecting "pixie dust" other than lots of CMs wishing him a happy birthday seems a sure way to end up disappointed.

Beacon Joe and helenabear like this.
  4. FanofDisneyDogs4Ever

FanofDisneyDogs4Ever New Member

If you don't mind shelling out a little extra cash, Disney Floral & Gifts has some cool birthday gift packages that can be delivered to your resort room. You can also build your own gift basket and have it sent to your room too.

5. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

I agree with this and was about to type the same thing. Let them know again at check in but otherwise don't expect anything. A lot of the time they are great with birthdays, but I wouldn't expect it.

6. Marianm

Marianm Well-Known Member

My daughters will be turning 4 when we're there. We have a birthday dinner planned st CRT and ordered her a cake.

ALONZO LAUREL likes this.
  7. Cosmic Commando

Cosmic Commando Well-Known Member

8. Beacon Joe

Beacon Joe Well-Known Member

We did this last year and ordered the small cake to be delivered to Chef Mickey's. They'll take care of the candles, etc. With seven people at the table, even the small cake was more than enough. And it was an astonishingly good cake.

Just call Disney Cakes at 407-827-2253 during business hours about a week before the dinner and they'll walk you through it and link it to your dining reservation number. Couldn't be easier. There is no need to visit that... other... site.

9. Cosmic Commando

Cosmic Commando Well-Known Member

The DIS has its uses. The thread is full of good inspiration.

10. Beacon Joe

Beacon Joe Well-Known Member

I couldn't help myself. :D

But really, I do think that a 40-some page thread with... those people (again, I can't help myself. Sorry) ... going on about the topic is excessive, when a straightforward, sub 5-minute call to Disney Cakes will give OP all the info that he needs.