1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday restaurant recommendations

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by Minnie1986, May 3, 2017.

1. Minnie1986

Minnie1986 Well-Known Member

Hi All.

Looking for restaurant recommendations for my birthday. I will be in WDW, but with an 8 year old (so obviously, nowhere like Monsieur Paul, etc). I'm trying for Be Our Guest (one of my favorites and he loved the movie), but other suggestions would also very much be welcomed. Thanks!

Tony the Tigger likes this.
  2. zurgandfriend

zurgandfriend Well-Known Member

My DW and DS always want to go to the California Grill for their birthdays. The view the food and the fireworks make for a great night. One of our most memorable birthdays however was at Whispering Canyon café, just make sure to tell your server it your birthday.

littleroo and figmentfan423 like this.
  3. belledream

belledream Well-Known Member

BOG would be awesome if you can get it. Otherwise maybe try Crystal Palace? Pooh & Friends, bright and sunny setting, and they may do something special for your birthday! I once got a birthday card + cupcake.

figmentfan423 and Disney4family like this.
  4. DisneyJill

DisneyJill Active Member

Maybe 'Ohana or Whispering Canyon Cafe? Both close to Magic Kingdom and celebratory in nature. And fun for an 8 year old. :)

5. DisneyPrincess5

DisneyPrincess5 Well-Known Member

DH and I ate at Ohana on my birthday last year, that was fun and I got to stuff myself which was the ultimate birthday gift! Be Our Guest would be fun.
    What about checking out some resort eateries? Not sure what you're into or where you're staying but
    I've heard Olivia's at Old Key West is awesome as well as Boatwrights at Port Orleans.
    Boma at AKL would be a great spot.
    Have fun!

6. Schneewittchen

Schneewittchen Well-Known Member

And 8 year old might really like the Hoop Dee Doo Revue or Mickey's Backyard BBQ too. My kids love both.

NeedMoreMickey and figmentfan423 like this.
  7. wdwmamamouse

wdwmamamouse New Member

AKL is such a fun resort to visit and any of their restaurants are great - after dinner enjoy the outdoor decks so you can see the animals and sit around the fire pits - really a nice evening
    WC is fun - loud but fun and the food is good
    If you want a character meal, Garden Grill is good and you are in Epcot to walk around
    Ohana sounds fun and puts you right on the monorail for visiting other hotels after dinner to walk around and enjoy all the Disney touches
    Teppan Edo is also really good - fun to see the chef cook and the food is very good

Let us know what you choose!

figmentfan423 likes this.
  8. figmentfan423

figmentfan423 Well-Known Member

^^^^^This Mr. Puma is correct WCC is excellent they make birthdays fun and the food is quite good:hungry::hungry:

larryz likes this.
  9. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

Olivia's is wonderful - but not really 'special' to me. Great food and service but definitely on the very casual end.

I personally prefer Sanaa over Boma. Great views of the animals and it's not a buffet (I prefer non-buffets honestly). My son adores Sanaa and requests it every time - he's 9 now.

10. Minnie1986

Minnie1986 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Does anyone have any good suggestions for non-buffet style restaurants? I'm assuming just about every place will have a kid friendly menu, right?

Kingdom Konsultant likes this.
  11. Kingdom Konsultant

Kingdom Konsultant WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor Premium Member WDWMAGIC Sponsor

Yes they do. If this is for a birthday celebration for yourself, then I would go with one of the following:
    Via Napoli
    Teppan Edo
    Whispering Canyon
    Yachtsman if you want to splurge
    The Boathouse
    50's Prime Time

Pam

12. Minnie1986

Minnie1986 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Yeah, it's for me. I'm taking my Godson since he's never been.

Kingdom Konsultant likes this.