Birthday restaurant recommendations

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hi All.

Looking for restaurant recommendations for my birthday. I will be in WDW, but with an 8 year old (so obviously, nowhere like Monsieur Paul, etc). I'm trying for Be Our Guest (one of my favorites and he loved the movie), but other suggestions would also very much be welcomed. Thanks!

zurgandfriend

My DW and DS always want to go to the California Grill for their birthdays. The view the food and the fireworks make for a great night. One of our most memorable birthdays however was at Whispering Canyon café, just make sure to tell your server it your birthday.

belledream

BOG would be awesome if you can get it. Otherwise maybe try Crystal Palace? Pooh & Friends, bright and sunny setting, and they may do something special for your birthday! I once got a birthday card + cupcake.

DisneyPrincess5

DH and I ate at Ohana on my birthday last year, that was fun and I got to stuff myself which was the ultimate birthday gift! Be Our Guest would be fun.
What about checking out some resort eateries? Not sure what you're into or where you're staying but
I've heard Olivia's at Old Key West is awesome as well as Boatwrights at Port Orleans.
Boma at AKL would be a great spot.
Have fun!

wdwmamamouse

AKL is such a fun resort to visit and any of their restaurants are great - after dinner enjoy the outdoor decks so you can see the animals and sit around the fire pits - really a nice evening
WC is fun - loud but fun and the food is good
If you want a character meal, Garden Grill is good and you are in Epcot to walk around
Ohana sounds fun and puts you right on the monorail for visiting other hotels after dinner to walk around and enjoy all the Disney touches
Teppan Edo is also really good - fun to see the chef cook and the food is very good

Let us know what you choose!

Figgy1

Premium Member
My DW and DS always want to go to the California Grill for their birthdays. The view the food and the fireworks make for a great night. One of our most memorable birthdays however was at Whispering Canyon café, just make sure to tell your server it your birthday.
^^^^^This Mr. Puma is correct WCC is excellent they make birthdays fun and the food is quite good:hungry::hungry:

correcaminos

DH and I ate at Ohana on my birthday last year, that was fun and I got to stuff myself which was the ultimate birthday gift! Be Our Guest would be fun.
What about checking out some resort eateries? Not sure what you're into or where you're staying but
I've heard Olivia's at Old Key West is awesome as well as Boatwrights at Port Orleans.
Boma at AKL would be a great spot.
Have fun!
Olivia's is wonderful - but not really 'special' to me. Great food and service but definitely on the very casual end.

I personally prefer Sanaa over Boma. Great views of the animals and it's not a buffet (I prefer non-buffets honestly). My son adores Sanaa and requests it every time - he's 9 now.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Does anyone have any good suggestions for non-buffet style restaurants? I'm assuming just about every place will have a kid friendly menu, right?
Yes they do. If this is for a birthday celebration for yourself, then I would go with one of the following:
Via Napoli
Teppan Edo
Whispering Canyon
Yachtsman if you want to splurge
The Boathouse
50's Prime Time

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom