Birthday help!

Katec88

Hi everyone :)

Me and my mum are huge disney nerds and have decided to go back to WDW in November to celebrate a big birthday for her. Now I want to make it as special as possible for her and need your help with ideas for little surprises that will make it extra special. A few things I've put together already is

*a mickey mouse birthday card which I'm going to take her to talking mickey so he can sign it

*personalised t-shirts with our nicknames and Cinderellas castle on

*decorations for the room (I can't afford/justify the packages that disney offer therefore doing it myself)

Any ideas fully welcome!! Thank you in advance

belledream

I agree that the packages are way too pricy, so good on you for a little DIY. :)

Something I love so much about celebrating at Disney that I cannot stress enough are dining experiences.
1. It's not every day you get to dine in a castle. Or a rotating restaurant. Or another country.
2. It's a nice respite from a long, busy day at the parks, and good to just slow down and converse with one another.
3. You gotta eat!

So do a little research into what kind of experience would make for a FUN celebratory dinner! Meals can be so memorable!

Don't forget to get a birthday pin at check-in or from Guest Services! Have fun!!

Upvote 0

Katec88

Original Poster
We have already decided on Cinderellas royal table for the evening meal
Do you have any recommendations for where to eat?

Upvote 0

belledream

Awesome! And sure! It depends on what you're looking for so I'll throw out some varying suggestions:
Be Our Guest: though you already have Royal Table, it's truly a beautiful place to be
Garden Grill: rotating restaurant in Epcot, Farmer Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale all-you-care-to-enjoy meal
Biergarten: German buffet, fun show! You'll most likely be sharing a table with strangers though
Spice Road Table/Rose & Crown: both have good eats, dining on the water
Sci-Fi Dine In: dining in a car, watching movies, 'outside' under the stars
Sanaa: dining with views of animals at AKL
Whispering Canyon Café: good ol' American food + fun
California Grill: dine with a view of MK, fancier/more expensive

Upvote 0

Katec88

Original Poster
They all sounds amazing!! Be our guest is a must. Haven't managed to get there yet so not missing it again :p
Thank you so much for your suggestions :D:D

Upvote 0

belledream

They all sounds amazing!! Be our guest is a must. Haven't managed to get there yet so not missing it again :p
Thank you so much for your suggestions :D:D
You're welcome! I would classify these are more out-of-the-ordinary dining experiences. There's many, many other places that are more 'culinary adventures', but hey - when I think birthdays, I think fun! :)

Be Our Guest is my favorite! Book as soon as you can!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If you want to get her cute customized ears for her birthday check out etsy.com They have some really spectacular things on there for a reasonable price.
Be sure that you notate on all of your dining and with the hotel that it is her birthday. I would also mention it to your server at the restaurant.
Get a Birthday button at check in
You can set up something special like a carriage ride

There are a ton of things to do to make it special

Have a great trip!

Pam

Upvote 0

Chernabog1940

Sorry, the abovewa s posted as I was writing this.

If you are staying on property, be sure to note that you are celebrating a special birthday on your reservation. This is then forwarded to any restaurant where you make reservations. Sometimes you get a little pixie dust sprinkled along the way. Also get your Birthday Pin on check-in. If you don't get it there, be sure to get one at Guest Relations in the first park you enter.

Dining is a very personal thing. It is also dependent on your budget. Obviously, the best restaurant on property is Victoria and Albert's. The California Grill, Narcoossee's, and Jiko also offer excellent dining.

Hope you have a great time.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

For some reason, I'm feeling Christmassy stuff for a trip with mom. It seems like it would bring up all sorts of good memories from Christmases past. There's MVMCP, the sleigh ride at Ft Wilderness, or the holiday tour. I think the last two are more seasonal, but MVMCP is all but guaranteed to be going on while you're there.

Upvote 0

Katec88

Original Poster
Oh wow!! Absolutely amazing ideas! We are there from the 5th until the 15th November, so would have thought Christmas May have started?
Thank you all sooo much!!

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

Oh wow!! Absolutely amazing ideas! We are there from the 5th until the 15th November, so would have thought Christmas May have started?
Thank you all sooo much!!
MVMCP will definitely start before you go. If the sleigh rides don't start yet, they'll still have horse-drawn carriage rides at Ft Wilderness, and you could pair it with Hoop Dee Doo if that floats your boat.

We'll be there Nov. 5-19th, so see you there! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom